What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Winter 2021)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Enjoyed a small pour of New Riff SiB to finish of the bottle, followed by a few small pours of Woodinville Port, followed by a few small pours of Burning Chair.  

• I like it 1

Some KC9 out of a newly purchased bottle. This is my first experience with the new "ripply" bottle. The bourbon is hitting the spot, but not sure I like the feel of the new bottle.

• I like it 4

21 hours ago, apt43bear said:

Finally got the chance to open up and try the W.B. Saffell Kentucky Straight Bourbon. Had to do a side by side with Wild Turkey Rare Breed to compare. To me, they both hit the palette with similar flavors initially but the Saffell seemed to have a longer finish that coated the mouth. 

My wife doesn’t drink and nosed both of them without knowing what she was smelling and was pretty impressed with the Saffell nose. 

Glad I got a backup bottle of the Saffell but damn that Rare Breed does always hit the spot regardless.  

3A5FD79E-3FF8-442C-8EF4-8F8BF8884356.jpeg

DC7D7DCC-6B92-4C75-8273-D680D45195AC.jpeg

looking forward to your post in the "show us your stash" thread...

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, steven s said:

looking forward to your post in the "show us your stash" thread...

I’ll get around to it shortly if you’d like haha

An after work pour of Old Tub.  My first bottle was so meh for me, but I’m 2 in after that one, and enjoying very much.  It’s really hard to beat the price, as well.  

• I like it 3

10 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

An after work pour of Old Tub.  My first bottle was so meh for me, but I’m 2 in after that one, and enjoying very much.  It’s really hard to beat the price, as well.  

The only place I’ve seen Old Tub here had it on a shelf behind the checkout counter. Not a tater price, but it was a limit of one. :blink:

Biba! Joe

Just now, fishnbowljoe said:

The only place I’ve seen Old Tub here had it on a shelf behind the checkout counter. Not a tater price, but it was a limit of one. :blink:

Biba! Joe

My Binny's has cases of it on the floor. Of course they're also charging $25.99 for it...

• I like it 1

38 minutes ago, lemonman said:

My Binny's has cases of it on the floor. Of course they're also charging $25.99 for it...

BT is out of stock at my Binny’s. A few other places here are out too. It sometimes takes the distributor a while to let things trickle out our way. 😏

Biba! Joe

Cleared hump day, but have taken my lumps so far this week at the plastic emporium…. Hoping this gorgeously delicious OF Statesman helps get me back to Coolsville….

• I like it 3

Last night I attended a tasting with Jim Rutledge. The lineup included:

High Plains Rye

Cream of Kentucky 6yr BIB Rye

Cream of Kentucky 11.5yr Loch&Key barrel select "Extra Cream"

Cream of Kentucky 11.5yr

Cream of Kentucky 12.3yr

Cream of Kentucky 13yr

If you didn't already know, the bourbon is all from Barton. It was interesting hearing him talk and answering questions from the audience. I won't comment on the booze. I was having a really bad palate night, everything tasted chalky. It was probably the pb&j sandwich I had before I went.

• I like it 3

On 2/9/2022 at 6:19 PM, smokinjoe said:

Cleared hump day, but have taken my lumps so far this week at the plastic emporium…. Hoping this gorgeously delicious OF Statesman helps get me back to Coolsville….

What may I ask is the plastic emporium?

1 hour ago, DeepCover said:

What may I ask is the plastic emporium?

Sorry if I jumped the gun on this one Joe. 😏 I just had to. 😝

Biba! Joe

image.gif.0f22e89090c710cefd2102dc6e7101bc.gif

• I like it 4

15 hours ago, mal00768 said:

Last night I attended a tasting with Jim Rutledge. The lineup included:

High Plains Rye

Cream of Kentucky 6yr BIB Rye

Cream of Kentucky 11.5yr Loch&Key barrel select "Extra Cream"

Cream of Kentucky 11.5yr

Cream of Kentucky 12.3yr

Cream of Kentucky 13yr

If you didn't already know, the bourbon is all from Barton. It was interesting hearing him talk and answering questions from the audience. I won't comment on the booze. I was having a really bad palate night, everything tasted chalky. It was probably the pb&j sandwich I had before I went.

I know where you were!  🤔

Gonna' have to sample the L&K Selection "Extra Cream" - don't need another barrel in my basement (inside joke).  Just ask SWMBO!   🙃

• I like it 1

11 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Sorry if I jumped the gun on this one Joe. 😏 I just had to. 😝

Biba! Joe

image.gif.0f22e89090c710cefd2102dc6e7101bc.gif

Haha! A true classic.

@smokinjoeIt appears we’re in the same industry. The way you phrased your message, I thought perhaps you were at an industry event / conference. I’m not aware of any going on this week, but I don’t have my finger on the pulse of all the regional/niche shows. At any rate, it’s always good to meet other people in the industry that also share this hobby, even if it isn’t in person.

35 minutes ago, DeepCover said:

Haha! A true classic.

@smokinjoeIt appears we’re in the same industry. The way you phrased your message, I thought perhaps you were at an industry event / conference. I’m not aware of any going on this week, but I don’t have my finger on the pulse of all the regional/niche shows. At any rate, it’s always good to meet other people in the industry that also share this hobby, even if it isn’t in person.

HEEHEE!!  Well if you’re in the plastics business, you know what a crazed last year, or so, it has been. I don’t think any plastic type has escaped with no pain…😫

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

HEEHEE!!  Well if you’re in the plastics business, you know what a crazed last year, or so, it has been. I don’t think any plastic type has escaped with no pain…😫

We are indeed gluttons for punishment.

WARNING:THREAD DRIFT!  Mainly for @DeepCover & @smokinjoe, but also for everyone. Regarding the movie “The Graduate”. I was 11 years old when it premiered in 1967. My sister was 17. Going to the movies back then was a special treat. We planned on going to a movie one Saturday. My sister really wanted to see The Graduate. I would rather have seen a western or war movie. My sister won out. So off to The Arlington Theatre in Indianapolis we went. I wasn’t interested much in seeing The Graduate, but I will admit than it did make me a Dustin Hoffman fan, and the music by Simon and Garfunkel and Dave Grusin was great. I’ve always remembered two classic scenes from that move. The plastics scene and the seduction scene. “Mrs. Robinson, you’re trying to seduce me.” FWIW, I got payback on my sister 3 years later. She was in college then, and came home one weekend. This time we went to see “Patton”. 🪖🇺🇸😃 

image.gif.db55d60ba91eab0ed5423757a912e816.gif

Biba! Joe

• I like it 7

17 minutes ago, beasled said:

EW BiB this evening. Cheers!

20220211_230854.jpg

Still haven't tried that one. It wasn't around until last year and now it's everywhere. I guess I don't feel the need to make a move, but that's the bourbon buis...

Anyway 2nite, going with 1oz ea.

Store pick EC - not bad

ET -Sometimes this bottle rules. I am going to be pi$$ed when this one is gone. Grabbed this one an hour out of my way (Lincoln Rd)

BT (blend) - Happy Friday Nirvana!!!

-

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.