What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Winter 2021)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The Woodinville Port was good.  But, it wasn't strong enough to overcome some Carr's Cracked Pepper Table Crackers, plus there is another 22 minutes in the Vikings-Packers game.  Decided to have another pour of J. Rieger.  It is the star of the evening.  

Not that FRSiB or Woodinville Port aren't good.  It is just a notch above.  Kind of like going to a concert with Led Zepplin, the Stones and Pink Floyd.  Who is the best might be different each night.   Well, it my case it will always be Zepplin, then the Stones, then Pink Floyd but you get the idea.

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, jvd99 said:

Bears fan and in the SB FF final going up against Rogers/Adams - not looking good for me

Crap, sorry man.  It is a beat down tonight.  I actually like the Bears.  I am really high on Justin Fields.  I also like Adams.  Rodgers not so much.  But, he is good.  The good news is as runner-up you will get some bottles!

I have been all over the map today. Opened up with an ECBP 139.4, then switched over to a WTKS PS, now onto a WR PS. Obviously the ECBP stands out. But, you know I enjoyed each pour on their own merit. :-))

Cheers 

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, markandrex said:

Working on some W12 this evening.

how the F are we so often on same page.  Yesterday, drank a bunch of my buddy's W12 for 1st time in decade.  Fine blast from past.

• I like it 3

26 minutes ago, B.B. Babington said:

how the F are we so often on same page.  Yesterday, drank a bunch of my buddy's W12 for 1st time in decade.  Fine blast from past.

Twin sons of different mothers.  

On 1/2/2022 at 6:38 PM, G L Tirebiter said:

Sipping a little Heavens Door back home, after a long weekend at our newly purchased log cabin up north.  Came home to the news that our neighbor's son was arrested Saturday for murder at a local hotel. 

Just goes to show, you don't ever know......

How do you like it?

an unusual usual day.  though I rarely reach for Very Old Bartons, today I reached.  though I very rarely drink the same drink all night, unusually, been Very Old Bartons start to finish. a most unusual night for a usual night

JDSBBP 

Santa brought me this slick glass & I need an excuse to use it.  

There are only a few whiskeys that I drink with ice, and this is one of them.

20220104_170615.jpg

20220104_170623.jpg

• I like it 4

Booker’s Pigskin. No reason other than it’s a low fill bottle, one more pour after my current one, and I need to clear out some space in the cabinet to open new bottles.

GW4G while cooking prime sirloin strip steaks on the barbie - it's warmed up to 16 degrees outside!   🥶

• I like it 4

3 hours ago, G L Tirebiter said:

I like it.

Same.

I was very pleasantly surprised.   I thought it would be some type of gimmicky whiskey, but it really seems to hit all the right notes.

Wife took me out to dinner and then drinks for my bday. (37) I had:

1. Eagle Rare 17 year. All cherry cola and oak. I wish it was higher proof though. I won’t mention how much I payed for a pour.

2. Old Fitz 15 year. I liked this a lot. I wish I hadn’t passed on a bottle when it was released.

• I like it 5

Wheater Christmas lives on with a MM101 as I begin my taper to no middle of the week bourbon for January.

Tried a dry January once an only lasted 2 1/2 weeks so I'm going with a middle ground approach.

Put on some pounds between Thanksgiving and Christmas so going back on hardcore keto and figure the reduced calories from bourbon reduction will help me take the weight off faster.

• I like it 6

7 hours ago, mal00768 said:

Wife took me out to dinner and then drinks for my bday. (37) I had:

1. Eagle Rare 17 year. All cherry cola and oak. I wish it was higher proof though. I won’t mention how much I payed for a pour.

2. Old Fitz 15 year. I liked this a lot. I wish I hadn’t passed on a bottle when it was released.

Wait, wait - "wife took me out to dinner and then drinks for my bday . . "  How come YOU had to pay for the Eagle Rare 17 shot?????  🥵

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, GeeTen said:

Wait, wait - "wife took me out to dinner and then drinks for my bday . . "  How come YOU had to pay for the Eagle Rare 17 shot?????  🥵

Well we’re married. So all money comes from the accounts.

• I like it 1

On 1/1/2022 at 11:55 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

image.jpeg.7664bc5f0544727928d1bd3315d88ca7.jpeg

Biba! Joe

Is this guy the new Fred Minnick?? I’m trying to find some of his bourbon reviews, but I keep getting some completely different videos...... :blink:

• I like it 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.