What Bourbon Are You Drinking 2022 1st Quarter?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well my week of vacation has officially begun.  Think I'll start Friday afternoon/evening with some bourbon.  Having 2 short pours of of two different Old Forester 90 proof single barrels from a few years ago.  Interesting, both have the signature OF notes, but they are different.  One has more depth with a touch of oak that I don't get with most current OF.

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

Well my week of vacation has officially begun.  Think I'll start Friday afternoon/evening with some bourbon.  Having 2 short pours of of two different Old Forester 90 proof single barrels from a few years ago.  Interesting, both have the signature OF notes, but they are different.  One has more depth with a touch of oak that I don't get with most current OF.

I assume bourbon is a part of not a result of your vacation.  Enjoy your time off!

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 1

OF100.  NCAA games.  OF100. NCAA games. OF100. NCAA games.  OF100. Old Mary Tyler Moore reruns on Hulu.

MTM is a guilty pleasure as she was a childhood crush.  She was so pure unlike that Commy Jane Fonda.  I had a crush on her too.  Politics didn't affect my crushes.  Other things ruled that area.  OF100 is my new crush. She doesn't have an agenda other than to make me happy.

• I like it 6

1 minute ago, mbroo5880i said:

OF100.  NCAA games.  OF100. NCAA games. OF100. NCAA games.  OF100. Old Mary Tyler Moore reruns on Hulu.

MTM is a guilty pleasure as she was a childhood crush.  She was so pure unlike that Commy Jane Fonda.  I had a crush on her too.  Politics didn't affect my crushes.  Other things ruled that area.  OF100 is my new crush. She doesn't have an agenda other than to make me happy.

Heehee!  MTM was big crush for me, too.  And, don’t even get me started on Elizabeth Montgomery…😍

Then, of course, the Super70sSports guy dropped this beaut today that had me going, Damn, I’m there!!😂

B3C985F3-E686-4143-9C40-4774B3BA0C78.png

• I like it 4

I'm having Rebel 100.  This is my first wheater in months, maybe since some MM in the fall.  Since I deconstruct everything, I find myself guessing - was this made by Heaven Hill, Lux Row's own make, or a combination.

It doesn't taste exactly like the discontinued NAS Old Fitz BIB.

There is a specific type of oak in the finish.  Reminds me of a very mild Earl Grey tea.

Overall a pretty decent pour.

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

Nope.  Not there yet!  Hope I never get there.  Elizabeth Montgomery and Barbara Eden, now that's a different story!  😛

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Heehee!  MTM was big crush for me, too.  And, don’t even get me started on Elizabeth Montgomery…😍

Then, of course, the Super70sSports guy dropped this beaut today that had me going, Damn, I’m there!!😂

🤣🤣🤣

• I like it 1

Last summer while on some barrel picks one of my friends who had his son on the trip, and whose son had a birthday during that time, decided to set up a surprise for him which was a pinata full of minis.

When the pinata broke he encouraged us to scarf them up. This one in particular caught my eye and when my friend said it was from 5 years ago or so I scarfed it up quick.Yep, this is classic 4RSiB greatness.

6AB82B34-5FB4-4765-AEFE-B1584378B2B4.jpeg

• I like it 10

Old Forester SiB BS while relaxing this Saturday evening and watching some television with the wife.

• I like it 4

OF for me tonight too. My Old Forester Blend to be exact.😋

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg

• I like it 2

50 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

OF for me tonight too. My Old Forester Blend to be exact.😋

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg

Do tell!  What is this blend?

6 hours ago, MissMohawk said:

Eagle Rare 10YO and watching Ireland v Scotland in the Rugby. 🏉 

IMG_20220319_175047.jpg

Well, not a lot of posts about rugby.  But, if you are going to watch any sporting event, ER10 is a good choice.

• I like it 1

Almost 11 year old FR OBSK from a few years ago. I’ve been drinking so much current-production MGP lately that this is a much-needed reminder of how good bourbon can be. Glad to have built up a solid FR bunker while the gettin’ was good. 

• I like it 2

29 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Do tell!  What is this blend?

It’s a 50:50 blend of OF 100 and OF 86. 😊

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

Tonight it's Sun Ra and New Riff Balboa Rye.   With this pour the New Riff is gone,  and the music is way gone.   

• I like it 1

Celebrated some birthdays last night but forgot the pic of the 21 Birthday Bourbon and the Bourbon Count Stout Bday Bourbon edition.

20220319_211929.jpg

20220319_211236.jpg

20220319_213331.jpg

20220319_220713.jpg

• I like it 12

1 minute ago, Clueby said:

Celebrated some birthdays last night but forgot the pic of the 21 Birthday Bourbon and the Bourbon Count Stout Bday Bourbon edition.

Helluva lineup there Tim. Helluva lineup. 🙂

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, Clueby said:

Damn, add all those years together and you might have a concoction older than me!

Fer sure more refined & tasty. Happy Birthday to all involved...

As far as my Sunday, butternut squash & boudin on the grill with filet minion waiting the sear & EHT in the glass...

• I like it 2

A wee CEHT Single Barrel in my Vegas hotel room after checking in. It’s going to be a long week, but I came prepared. 

• I like it 6

Since CEHT seems to be the drink of choice, so be it.  Single barrel for my glass.

• I like it 4

Some Jefferson’s by the Ocean graciously sent to me by a fellow SBer and catching the end of the Duke/Michigan State game. It’s nice, a bit thin, but expected at 90 proof.  I’m enjoying it quite a bit though after two long days of travel with the kids. It’ll be an early night for everyone. 

4EA6B73C-4B8F-4B89-9660-7759F1B47802.jpeg

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.