What Bourbon Are You Drinking 2022 1st Quarter?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Worked in the garage this afternoon doing some spring cleaning and organizing.  My wife grilled up some nice Chilean sea bass filets on the grill for dinner.  Now I'm unwinding and tuckered out... after-dinner pour of WT101 is hitting the spot to relax before starting up a new work week tomorrow.

• I like it 3

22 minutes ago, PaulO said:

I'm pretty sure it's become meh because the age of the barrels have gotten younger and younger, 

Yep, and BT is handcuffed by their own marketing because Blanton’s is only supposed to be from the center ricks of warehouse H so they are dealing with a finite amount of barrels with no room for expansion 

I have heard some theories that BT is pulling from other places and while I think they might stretch what constitutes “center” I don’t believe they would pull from a different warehouse and mislabel as from warehouse H. 

The barrel we picked last year was 5.10 years at the time of the pick and all of the samples were . . . Just ok. 

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Yep, and BT is handcuffed by their own marketing because Blanton’s is only supposed to be from the center ricks of warehouse H so they are dealing with a finite amount of barrels with no room for expansion 

I have heard some theories that BT is pulling from other places and while I think they might stretch what constitutes “center” I don’t believe they would pull from a different warehouse and mislabel as from warehouse H. 

The barrel we picked last year was 5.10 years at the time of the pick and all of the samples were . . . Just ok. 

Only 5.10? Wow. This is not good.

Spring is teasing hard here today and it's been a long time since I had a cigar.  This is sweeter than I remember them tasting.  But maybe it's the bourbon.  Lovely.

IMG_9097.thumb.jpg.f79482b70ab7eb4c4e22a780af873367.jpg

• I like it 4

Another successful visit from @GeeTen along with Brian and Steve. @0895 and @JCwhammie also represented STL. Mine and Eric's SWMBOs and a friend of mine from work rounded out the group. The EC12 sbs was a highlight for me. The Bardstown Discovery is mighty tasty. Everyone enjoyed BBQ, bourbon, some rye, and Frank's tales!   Frank really seemed to enjoy that L&K WFP.

20220314_181519_copy_1209x1612.jpg

20220314_202336.jpg

20220314_202413.jpg

• I like it 13

41 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Another successful visit from @GeeTen along with Brian and Steve. @0895 and @JCwhammie also represented STL. Mine and Eric's SWMBOs and a friend of mine from work rounded out the group. The EC12 sbs was a highlight for me. The Bardstown Discovery is mighty tasty. Everyone enjoyed BBQ, bourbon, some rye, and Frank's tales!   Frank really seemed to enjoy that L&K WFP.

Sighhhhh. :mellow: One of these days.😏

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

9 hours ago, Clueby said:

20220314_202336.jpg

20220314_202413.jpg

Looks like a fantastic time! Someone artistic should turn the Frank bottle kill into a silhouette that can be put onto the next round  of SB exclusive glencairns. . .  :)

• I like it 6

But we'd probably need the wide body Canadian glencairn glasses for that photo.  🤣

• I like it 4

On 3/14/2022 at 12:09 AM, flahute said:

Only 5.10? Wow. This is not good.

When I mentioned that although NAS I thought all Blanton’s were supposed to be in the 6-8 yr range the response was that it “will be 6 by bottling” 🙄😡🤬

1 minute ago, GeeTen said:

But we'd probably need the wide body Canadian glencairn glasses for that photo.  🤣

😂 Well played!

He’s already up an thinking and thinking analytically! Equally impressive. 

• I like it 2

Watching my U of L Cardinal's baseball team and enjoying a post dinner pour of Old Forrester Single Barrel, Barrel Proof.  129 proof but a HUGE flavor bomb.  Really digging this one.

• I like it 2

18 hours ago, Clueby said:

20220314_202336.jpg

20220314_202413.jpg

Man has no drinking problem at all.  Turning the bottle up and not a single drop on that pristine white shirt.

• I like it 2

9 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

😂 Well played!

He’s already up an thinking and thinking analytically! Equally impressive. 

Yes, but do they have a new tattoo that they didn't know about until the next morning??? 😳

I don't really know if I bought this to try or to have the perfect sized freezer bottle for the coming summer!!!

I'll know in about 15 min of air time...

saff.jpg.e11e8a1d6cb0865c3d2e508a6848288f.jpg

• I like it 1

28 minutes ago, bayouredd said:

I don't really know if I bought this to try or to have the perfect sized freezer bottle for the coming summer!!!

Both!

It’s a fantastic bourbon and does in fact make a very good little freezer bottle. 

• I like it 2

20 hours ago, Clueby said:

20220314_202336.jpg

20220314_202413.jpg

I see he ditched the paper bag.  No humility in the Bourbonian of the Year.  I respect a man who knows his limitations and acts accordingly.  That's how I try to live my life. 😀

Sounds like you all had a GREAT time! 

• I like it 3

Looking at the calendar, I realized it must be the weekend someplace in the Universe.  Actually, today was "profit-sharing" day for my company.  We had a record year last year so the profit sharing check was extraordinary.  I work in the steel industry and 2021 was a record year across the industry.  I decided to celebrate with a couple of spectacular pours...GTS, no...WLW, no...Pappy, no....  Just good whiskey.  Any good whiskey that you enjoy is fine...from 80 proof to infinity.  My pours...Woodinville...always a winner and now J. Rieger...a solid follow up at 122 proof.  GTS and WLW...sitting for another day.  

I enjoyed both and will enjoy the second pour of J. Rieger shortly.  However, I want to say that Woodinville @ 90 proof continues to deliver beyond its proof.  It is a spectacular bourbon.  

• I like it 5

Congratulations on the profit-sharing windfall !!!   

I've been sipping through some recent bourbon acquisitions.  

Drinking a 1792 SB and Three Chords SB side by side.  Not a big fan of Barton profile, but good whiskey nonetheless.  

Was a bit disappointed in my most recent Smooth Ambler SBPS pick.  Good to very good MGP (I think, still?), but a quite a bit younger and without the magic of the bottlings from 5-10 years ago.  

I've recently cracked open the Stagg Jr., Jack Daniels SBBP, Toogie's Invitation Booker's, and my FR OBSF.  Life's too short to drink bad whiskey.  

I'm really honing in on my absolute favorite bourbon's and cutting back on everything else.  

Looking to score big in the upcoming JDSBBP and Weller raffles.  

• I like it 2

Drinks dangerously low for a 125pf. Relaxing and watching Book of Boba Fett after a rough night with the kids.  At least my eldest took to early bedtime. 

6169DB71-7F38-49B2-8BD9-108E4765F624.jpeg

• I like it 6

11 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Drinks dangerously low for a 125pf. Relaxing and watching Book of Boba Fett after a rough night with the kids.  At least my eldest took to early bedtime. 

6169DB71-7F38-49B2-8BD9-108E4765F624.jpeg

I think we had one of those on the table last night, too, kinda', maybe . . . . . .  😬

And we missed you, too.   😔 

Having some 1792 FP store pick tonight. Their are some good store picks of this out in the wild. 

• I like it 2

Stayed on the Stellum train but drank from the bourbon car tonight after last nights rye at the local watering hole.

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, bayouredd said:

4 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Both!

It’s a fantastic bourbon and does in fact make a very good little freezer bottle. 

Plus I like them for decanters for home blends!

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.