What Bourbon Are You Drinking 2022 1st Quarter?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Someone had brought this up awhile back but proofing down at the distillery is KING. I’m not a MM fan, but MM 101 is something I can’t do at home. Very good. 
877079F5-18DB-42A6-946C-1B20C5DF1DDB.thumb.jpeg.241a173f96f9ef23a481b54f91fa11eb.jpeg

• I like it 3

I’ve been trying to drink down some of my open bottles a bit lately. I haven’t had much success because I’ve purchased a few bottles that I felt should be opened and tasted. It’s a vicious cycle that I’m pretty sure at least a few members here may have experienced at one time or another. 🤫 I purchased a Weller SR today. When I went to put it in my cabinet, I noticed I didn’t have one open. When I got to thinkin’ about it, I realized I hadn’t had one open in a while. So I did what I thought any responsible Weller Whore would do. I opened one and had a pour or three. 😋  All I can say is…

image.gif.4a0862ff2da99cab9cd114c337acaedc.gif

Biba! Joe

• I like it 7

@GeeTen style. Three great days. Rest of group went to airport and I ambled over to the Brown hotel for a Hot Brown before crashing. I offer to be the group mule so we can buy during the trip without any concerns. Whiskeyed out for now.

7E8276A0-B78E-4D6D-8248-DEEB393AE1BE.jpeg

• I like it 10

6 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

@GeeTen style. Three great days. Rest of group went to airport and I ambled over to the Brown hotel for a Hot Brown before crashing. I offer to be the group mule so we can buy during the trip without any concerns. Whiskeyed out for now.

The @GeeTen guzzle! 🤪

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

Ending the night with a pour of Leopold Bros.  BIB.   This is bourbon with a big dark bread thing going for it.  

• I like it 1

Sitting down to a glass of Bookers waiting for the rain/snow to arrive.  Temp is supposed to drop40 degrees.

• I like it 1

In honor of the idiots settling the baseball strike, I decided to “take two and hit to right.”

C4FE79C7-9BB4-414A-95D2-FCDE54740173.jpeg

• I like it 2

I started the evening before dinner with a fantastic barrel aged manhattan I got from a swapping buddy.  Now after dinner, I wanted something sweet for my first pour.  This one from the Beam Harvest series is doing the trick.

Resized_20220311_190256.jpeg

• I like it 4

Now I stepped it up a notch with some CEHT batch #6 as I settle in to watch some college basketball, ... conference tournament time.

• I like it 1

Dang, am I the only person drinking bourbon tonight?  Hello out there?  Bueller??

Stagg Junior batch #5, 129.7 now in my glass.

• I like it 1

23 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Having a pour or two of OF 86 tonight. Cheers @Kepler

Biba! Joe

Whew, for a minute there I thought I had a personal problem, Lol.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Kepler said:

Dang, am I the only person drinking bourbon tonight?  Hello out there?  Bueller??

BA stout beer tonight for me. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• I like it 1

My second pour of OF 86 emptied the 375 I had open. The pour ended up a little short, so being the master blender that I am, (apologies @WhiskeyBlender) I thought that adding some OF 100 to top off my pour might be pretty good. Well, I thought correctly. Yuuum! :P  I think I just might have to do some further sperimentin’ with a OF blend. ^_^

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

KC store pick.  It worked out to be about 11 yr.  Just outstanding bourbon.

• I like it 5

Finishing off an Eagle Rare before cracking open my first Blackened.   

• I like it 1

On 3/5/2022 at 6:31 PM, GeeTen said:

GW4G new batch with pan-fired Chinese noodles under stir-fried Chinese vegetables and roasrt pork (Char siu).  Yummo!   🤩

I had never had Char Siu before (other than the red BBQ spare ribs on most Chinese buffets).  I found a recipe for (hopefully) authentic sauce and have about 4 to 5 lbs of boneless pork shoulder marinating and a glaze ready. I'm going to cook them on the charcoal smoker tomorrow. Wish me luck. I may have some left for a taste test on Monday. 

• I like it 2

Started off with my go to, KC9. Following it up with some Baker's SmB.

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, G L Tirebiter said:

Finishing off an Eagle Rare before cracking open my first Blackened.   

Let us know your thoughts on the Blackend, Mike. Interested in reading your notes. 

More BBC Fusion #6 tonight. Really enjoying this bottle - much more than I expected to. I may need to buy a back-up before it disappears. 

Breaking in my new 4R glass with a pour of OESV which is the recipe we picked last Tuesday. I’ll have to give it a proper SBS with a regular glencairn, but this is really good. Though could lead to big trouble with a heavy handed pour. 

I do not recall the name of this glass or the age of the barrel we picked. 12 BS samples along with a lil Lot B starter will do that I suppose. 😜

E345B5E2-9525-48EF-854D-A04E12EBB852.jpeg

• I like it 5

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.