What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today? (Spring 2022)

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Dickel 15yr single barrel.  Actually almost 18yo according to K&L, who picked the barrel.  Amazing depth and intensity for an 84.4 barrel proof.  The nose is a delight but there's a slight bitter note on the finish that detracts.  I didn't get this on any of the other SiBs that I've had which have been amazing. 

• I like it 3

Sipping on some ORVW after steaks.  We took the day off working on the deck and went to see Top Gun:Maverick.  Very relaxing day and a very good movie.  If you enjoyed the first, go see the second.

Tomorrow, back at it.

• I like it 6

2 hours ago, markandrex said:

Sipping on some ORVW after steaks.  We took the day off working on the deck and went to see Top Gun:Maverick.  Very relaxing day and a very good movie.  If you enjoyed the first, go see the second.

Tomorrow, back at it.

I loved it. Great movie.

Sittin' on the back porch on a perfect early summer afternoon,  watching the world go by and pleased that I'm anchored to this chair sipping a 1972 Full Proof.   

• I like it 4

I was looking over the bottles for something in the sub-100 proof range and swore to pour the first one I touched.

20220603_194547.jpg

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I was looking over the bottles for something in the sub-100 proof range and swore to pour the first one I touched.

20220603_194547.jpg

you're most definitely wise man

• I like it 1

Sipping on Bakers again.  I have 10 more boards to lay.  I’m more than pleased on how it is turning out.    Great to smell new wood and good bourbon.  Life is good.   

• I like it 10

Odd day today. 🫤  I’m having a pour or two from my freezer bottle of OF 86. 

Biba! Joe

image.gif.274332ba83a8f0b398f74694aa1d8f7f.gif

• I like it 6

On 5/22/2022 at 6:47 AM, Skinsfan1311 said:

Not a fan of the 86.  If you see the 90, grab one.  It's pretty damn tasty!

Thank you for the tip. I will be on the lookout, when out of state. As one would expect, The 86 is a bit thin. 

Cheers

• I like it 2

9 hours ago, Kepler said:

ECBP 136.0 batch #12 in the glass.

I have fond memories of that one - my first and, so far, only pirate bottle ECBP.  I still have one bottle of batch#11 139.4 proof in the bunker that I haven't been able to bring myself to open.  I picked these two up the first year or so after the bottle change while they were still floating around and not commanding huge prices.  How do you think 11 compares to 12?

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, fosmith said:

I have fond memories of that one - my first and, so far, only pirate bottle ECBP.  I still have one bottle of batch#11 139.4 proof in the bunker that I haven't been able to bring myself to open.  I picked these two up the first year or so after the bottle change while they were still floating around and not commanding huge prices.  How do you think 11 compares to 12?

I like 12 better personally.  I haven't tasted all that many of the various batches, but that one (136.0) is  one of my favorites.

Edited by Kepler
  • I like it 1

15+ hours last night & today, changing out a server & migrating software. This deserves something nice...

1st pour CEHT SB

2nd pour KC12

Next, maybe something to eat or a 3rd pour; hmmmmmm!!!

• I like it 2

This evening's pour is Tumbling Dice,  yet another stellar independent bottling of MGP high (36%) rye mashbill bourbon.   This is an itch I keep scratching;  this mashbill is unique and how each bottler blends and sorts it is fascinating.  

This is a 6-year single barrel at 113.38 proof, although I proof it down here at the beach.   Does it compare well to Belle Meade Reserve and Smoke Wagon UCUF?   I am happy to say yes, and it's about fifteen bucks cheaper.  Note the dice are rolled six, matching the age statement.  

20220604_184437.jpg

• I like it 5

A pour of Blanton's while out for our anniversary dinner at our favorite Italian Restaurant.

IMG_3542.jpg

• I like it 10

Had some Chattanooga 111 earlier this evening while my wife and me watched the documentary "Belushi."  It was good, if a sad story.

Now I have some SAOS 9 year store pick in my glass while listening to some music.

• I like it 2

5 hours ago, Jazzhead said:

This evening's pour is Tumbling Dice,  yet another stellar independent bottling of MGP high (36%) rye mashbill bourbon.   This is an itch I keep scratching;  this mashbill is unique and how each bottler blends and sorts it is fascinating.  

This is a 6-year single barrel at 113.38 proof, although I proof it down here at the beach.   Does it compare well to Belle Meade Reserve and Smoke Wagon UCUF?   I am happy to say yes, and it's about fifteen bucks cheaper.  Note the dice are rolled six, matching the age statement.  

20220604_184437.jpg

The company that bottles that also has a 100 proof MGP rye.  I'm on the look out for both, so far no luck. 🙁

Earlier, I was sipp’n on W12, it wasn’t singing per usual, so changed to this:

Much better. 

Cheers

1E613DDD-BA36-48E0-B7AC-F8DF6B920D46.jpeg

• I like it 10

1 hour ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Earlier, I was sipp’n on W12, it wasn’t singing per usual, so changed to this:

Much better. 

Cheers

1E613DDD-BA36-48E0-B7AC-F8DF6B920D46.jpeg

One of the all-time greats.   Just a memory for me,  but oh so sweet.   

• I like it 2

14 hours ago, Jazzhead said:

I second the motion for Tumblin' Dice.  Good stuff!  The bottle I had was 5yo and the dice on the label were rolled five.  MSRP in my area is $60 same as SW UCUF and Belle Meade Reserve but it recently went on sale for $43 so, heck yeah. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.