What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today? (Spring 2022)

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

53 minutes ago, markandrex said:

Calumet 14 this evening.  

Boom! I'm doing the same.

• I like it 1

Had a nice pour of WTR101 to send the bottle to the recycle bin.  Following up with a solid two-finger pour of store pick KC120. 

• I like it 4

Enjoying some Buffalo Trace this evening. Having a little celebration by myself here, got accepted onto the Masters ( in computing /software). 

IMG_20220610_200515.jpg

• I like it 16

17 minutes ago, MissMohawk said:

Enjoying some Buffalo Trace this evening. Having a little celebration by myself here, got accepted onto the Masters ( in computing /software). 

Congrats Jess! Might have a pour of BT in your honor later on this evening.🥳 Headed out shopping now.🤔

Biba! Joe

image.gif

• I like it 1

18 hours ago, Rhettro said:

ER while I worked the grill tonight. 

Frying beer battered fish on the grill tonight and been thinking about what to have.  YOU answered my question so THANKS!  Mouth is watering already just thinking about the ER.  Tomorrow, I'm doing beef, and we have a close-to-empty bottle of Baby Saz we're going to use in happy hour Sazeracs before dinner, and I'll finish off the rest while poking at the meat with my fingers.

• I like it 8

Stagg Jr. b17 this evening.
Replaced the storm door from the basement out to the pool. I had to tweak the opening a little but the door is hung.  Now just letting some caulk set overnight then prime and paint the latch side.  It should be done by Sunday lunchtime.

• I like it 6

He!! week migrating software to a new server, so...

Started with a RR13 - getting close to the end, but this is a really, really good pour

Next a KC12 - how can you lose

Finally - What a hellaciously grand combo of the peanut motiff!!!

pnut.jpg.0b5f3009e110aa137bc62ff307bd12ee.jpg

Edited by bayouredd
  • I like it 4

2 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Frying beer battered fish on the grill tonight and been thinking about what to have.  YOU answered my question so THANKS!  Mouth is watering already just thinking about the ER.  Tomorrow, I'm doing beef, and we have a close-to-empty bottle of Baby Saz we're going to use in happy hour Sazeracs before dinner, and I'll finish off the rest while poking at the meat with my fingers.

Happy to help, Harry.

Edited by Rhettro

4 hours ago, MissMohawk said:

IMG_20220610_200515.jpg

Congratulations! That’s awesome! Will join you shortly.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, markandrex said:

Stagg Jr. b17 this evening.
Replaced the storm door from the basement out to the pool. I had to tweak the opening a little but the door is hung.  Now just letting some caulk set overnight then prime and paint the latch side.  It should be done by Sunday lunchtime.

Hanging doors sucks.  Similar to you, I find I always have to shim and plumb to square everything up.  More work than it should be.  You are doing a lot of work lately!  Stagg Jr. seems like a worthy pour after another day work around the house.

It is raining here in the Indy area.  Went to dinner for son's 25th birthday.  Home now and enjoying a pour of Blanton's.  This bottle was dumped in 2018 which was not among the stellar periods for this iconic brand.  It is solid but not among the best Blanton's or MB #2 pours I have had.  I won't kick it out of bed, er, my glass.  I might just have another.  As CSN sang, "Love the One You're With."

• I like it 5

5 hours ago, MissMohawk said:

IMG_20220610_200515.jpg

BT it is for pour #2.  Congrats on your success and best of luck.  Cheers!

• I like it 1

14 hours ago, geclbxf said:

how is the 2017??

It was really hitting the spot last night.  I like it a lot but if memory serves I like the taste of the 18 and 21 a little more.

Edited by Kepler
  • I like it 2

I'm on an Old Forester kick the past 2 nights.  Having the 1920 tonight, with a big cube.  Not sure I like it this way.  It doesn't seem to hold its flavor as the ice melts.  I only use an ice cube in the heat of the summer and it's definitely summer heat early in Texas now.

• I like it 5

43 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I'm on an Old Forester kick the past 2 nights.  Having the 1920 tonight, with a big cube.  Not sure I like it this way.  It doesn't seem to hold its flavor as the ice melts.  I only use an ice cube in the heat of the summer and it's definitely summer heat early in Texas now.

Switched to OGD114 and it's working much better with a cube.  It holds is flavor profile.  Delicious orange peel notes are just coating my mouth.  Great.

• I like it 4

2 hours ago, Kepler said:

Here in Oklahoma, we are about to get a taste of that heat. I for one, would like for it to stay down in Texas. Sorry, not sorry 😂😂😂😂

Cheers

• I like it 1

Enjoying Stellum PS, a bourbon gifted to me from my Brother. It has a lot going on, floral, sweet & a spicy punch. Quite a nice whiskey 

Cheers

• I like it 3

On 6/7/2022 at 10:06 PM, WhiskeyBlender said:

Hey @mbroo5880i, hope you don't mind me asking, but as someone with deep Scottish roots and a lover of tartans, what is that tartan your Weller Antique an WLW is resting upon? 

@WhiskeyBlender I have always thought they had a Scottish feel to them but they are really nothing special. We have had them almost forever and I can't begin to even remember where we got them.  

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.