What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today? (Spring 2022)

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Phillies win their 9th straight,  and that deserves a top notch pour.    Jack Daniels Barrel Strength and a seat on the porch in splintered sunlight.

20220611_193043.jpg

• I like it 3

17 minutes ago, hughewil said:

opened up a 01-2022 Bookers "Ronnies Batch"

bookers.thumb.jpeg.dfb168e6c6c60470b07449a68bb19995.jpeg

And how is it? Picked up 2 at JB back in April and have yet to open one.

1 minute ago, Bourbon Scout said:

And how is it? Picked up 2 at JB back in April and have yet to open one.

Pretty good.  This is my 1st bookers.

considering the proof it doesn't have a lot of bite and is pretty mellow.  It isn't overly oaked, some roasted peanut on the finish.  Very nice oily mouth feel with a long finish leaving my tongue tingling.

• I like it 1

More BBC Discovery #5 tonight. Early morning planned to smoke a few chuck roasts and some chicken drumsticks. 

• I like it 3

No need to over complicate things.  A couple of nice pours of OGDBIB.  

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Jazzhead said:

Phillies win their 9th straight,  and that deserves a top notch pour.    Jack Daniels Barrel Strength and a seat on the porch in splintered sunlight.

20220611_193043.jpg

Good on ya!  Unfortunately, Brewers lost their eighth straight this afternoon (three of which came at the hands of your Phillies).  I suppose by comparison I should find the worst dreck I can stomach and sit on a rusty lawn chair in the middle of a cold downpour while drinking it. I still have 20 minutes before the liquor store closes. I know I saw plenty of handles of Ten High collecting dust the last time I was there. Now if I can just get my hands on a five dollar bill...

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, hughewil said:

... This is my 1st bookers.

Nice choice.  Careful with that proof.  Bookers has snuck up on me and kicked my ass multiple times ... the next morning. 

But always a great pour.

• I like it 3

1 minute ago, Kepler said:

First pour this evening W12.  

20220611_221047.thumb.jpg.34361e798d8ddea3589933acf6b3bfa9.jpg

Nice @Kepler. I like the bourbon. I like the glass. I like the MM bar mat. You sir have hit the trifecta! 🤑

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

7 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Nice choice.  Careful with that proof.  Bookers has snuck up on me and kicked my ass multiple times ... the next morning. 

But always a great pour.

honestly this bottle drinks way way mellower than 122 proof.

1 minute ago, hughewil said:

honestly this bottle drinks way way mellower than 122 proof.

Famous last words 😉

• I like it 4

4 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Nice @Kepler. I like the bourbon. I like the glass. I like the MM bar mat. You sir have hit the trifecta! 🤑

Biba! Joe

It's nice to have the stamp of approval from the weller whore.  I'd venture to guess you'd also like my 2nd pour.  W12-OWA blend.

• I like it 2

5 minutes ago, Kepler said:

It's nice to have the stamp of approval from the weller whore.  I'd venture to guess you'd also like my 2nd pour.  W12-OWA blend.

And now you have achieved the superfecta! 

Biba! Joe

image.gif

• I like it 2

5 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

And now you have achieved the superfecta! 

Biba! Joe

image.gif

:lol:

• I like it 1

Enjoying Stellum PS. I liked so much last evening, I had to return. 

Cheers

• I like it 2

This SB Weller blend is really tasting great tonight.  I can't remember when I mingled this vatting but I figure it was about a month ago.  I'm not sure I like it more than either Weller 12 or OWA on their own, but sometimes I'm in the mood for a revved up Weller with some good aged notes and this definitely delivers. 

• I like it 1

Larceny for the night cap.  As I typically get from this, it is on the drier side of the Wheater spectrum, which puts it more in the Maker’s side of thst family.  

• I like it 1

I had planned on having a pour of OF 86 from a decanted/low fill 375. After seeing what @Kepler  and @markandrex were having, I changed my mind. Joe’s 2021 Weller Blend in my glass. 😋

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

4 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I had planned on having a pour of OF 86 from a decanted/low fill 375. After seeing what @Kepler  and @markandrex were having, I changed my mind. Joe’s 2021 Weller Blend in my glass. 😋

Biba! Joe

Dang Joe, you just went and blew @markandrex and me out of the water!  😀  Cheers! 🥃🥃

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, Kepler said:

First pour this evening W12.  

20220611_221047.thumb.jpg.34361e798d8ddea3589933acf6b3bfa9.jpg

What a beautiful matching pair! I've still got a few "old labels" in the bunker, and your pick gives me an idea. I can pull em out, enjoy them, and just refill when needed. Yeah, that's the ticket. Nice photography too Kepler.

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.