What Bourbon Did You Purchase (Spring 2022)

PaulO
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

32 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

I hope you didn't drive home from the LS with the bottle sitting in the back of your truck like that.   😀

Thats why im not proud of myself🙃

• I like it 3

After more than a year of absence around here I saw a bottle of OGD 114 on the shelf today; almost thought I was seeing things! Hopefully it's back for good.

• I like it 5

Ended up saving over $500 today on some auto work that I wasn't expecting to still be under warranty, so I had to pick up something on the way home to celebrate.

Image.thumb.jpeg.210170269f881b1d22ca0a68febf2ad8.jpeg

• I like it 14

6 minutes ago, Cibsie said:

Ended up saving over $500 today on some auto work that I wasn't expecting to still be under warranty, so I had to pick up something on the way home to celebrate.

Every once in a while @Cibsie. 👍 Enjoy your KC. 🥃

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

I've been buying a lot of scotch lately, but decided to grab a couple of bottles of bourbon (well technically Tennessee whiskey in the case of the Dickel) I found while on vacation that I haven't been able to get in VA.  

20220624_212619.thumb.jpg.9e91b71e38415da3fbd384f99e13c050.jpg

Edited by Bourserker
  • I like it 7

Used a $10 off $75 coupon on these yesterday.  Both of these have become kind of hard to find in my area lately.  With a 12 pack of Widmer Hefe, it was $115 OTD.  Not too bad..

eagle rare jack daniels bevmo.jpg

• I like it 7

On 6/23/2022 at 8:03 PM, Rhettro said:

This Driftless Glen pick, which is almost seven years old, is outstanding. It’ll definitely be in the discussion for my best and favorite whiskeys of the year. 

My Driftless Glen store pick has a note on the finish that I finally identified as asparagus; wonder if yours does.

Been curious about the new Benchmark line, mainly the Full Proof.  I am not a fan of the BT mashbills in general other than Staggs, but I thought this was worth a try.  Chad and Sara (It's Bourbon Night) just did a 4-way BT Barrel proof lineup and the Benchmark Full Proof beat Blanton's SFTB and virtually tied with Stagg Jr 17, so I picked up a bottle at a local LS.  So far it's not bad, but I am not really interested in drinking "not bad" bourbon.  When I am accepting 125 proof, I expect a bit more flavor; it kinda tastes like a not-great ECBP or Stagg Jr.  It's hot, but it doesn't drink as harsh as some have said, it's just that it doesn't have the strength of flavor you would expect from 125 proof. I'm going to revisit it in a month or so after it has some air time.  I expect it would be a good candidate for one of those oak stave aging kits.

Benchmark FP.jpg

• I like it 4

On 6/26/2022 at 9:59 PM, IamMatt said:

My Driftless Glen store pick has a note on the finish that I finally identified as asparagus; wonder if yours does.

Lol, no asparagus on this one. 

On 6/26/2022 at 9:51 AM, fosmith said:

Used a $10 off $75 coupon on these yesterday.  Both of these have become kind of hard to find in my area lately.  With a 12 pack of Widmer Hefe, it was $115 OTD.  Not too bad..

eagle rare jack daniels bevmo.jpg

Are most of those JD’s around the same proof? That may be my next purchase. 

17 hours ago, Mano said:

Dented the wallet today.

20220627_200514.thumb.jpg.a3365a2cb939adca3e5a93930f2f72fb.jpg

If you are within shouting range of MSRP on that HH - you will really be happy with your spend!

• I like it 1

On 6/27/2022 at 9:40 PM, FasterHorses said:

Yes most around 130 that I've picked up.

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, geclbxf said:

If you are within shouting range of MSRP on that HH - you will really be happy with your spend!

$275 for the HH and $150 for the Calumet. Bought both at state controlled liquor store. Seems insane that I am happy  about spending $300 on a bottle after tax ( they add sales tax on top of the purchase here, that is already heavily taxed ) but that is where we are.

Edited by Mano
  • I like it 2

Managed to find a state pick of WT Kentucky Spirit. I haven't seen any of this in at least 2 years up here so was happy to purchase for $50. While I was grabbing this, overheard that regular BT was in as well. So I grabbed a bottle of that to add to the bunker since it is becoming damn near impossible to find. Both bottles and a bottle of wine for the wife and out the door for under $100. 

• I like it 3

7 hours ago, Mano said:

$275 for the HH and $150 for the Calumet. Bought both at state controlled liquor store. Seems insane that I am happy  about spending $300 on a bottle after tax ( they add sales tax on top of the purchase here, that is already heavily taxed ) but that is where we are.

we could debate the $275 is unreasonable (and it is for MSRP) - but man is that an outstanding pour!   Read and heard the online hype - wasn't a believer - but then I tried a pour in Louisville, WOW!   Believer now!

On 6/27/2022 at 7:40 PM, FasterHorses said:

This one was 132.9, one of the highest I've seen.  I've gotten some around 125.  They usually hover around 130 +-.  They've all been great though.

• I like it 1

On 6/29/2022 at 6:42 AM, geclbxf said:

we could debate the $275 is unreasonable (and it is for MSRP) - but man is that an outstanding pour!   Read and heard the online hype - wasn't a believer - but then I tried a pour in Louisville, WOW!   Believer now!

Saw that around here for 1300.00 to 1800.00, my guy has it at 1K. Too much for me. Question. Anyone have an idea of what a decent price is for Weller 12?

5 hours ago, Grady330 said:

Saw that around here for 1300.00 to 1800.00, my guy has it at 1K. Too much for me. Question. Anyone have an idea of what a decent price is for Weller 12?

Not sure the current MSRP for Weller 12 but it is probably around $40.  However, very few find it for that price.  The last bottle I purchased was over a year ago and I paid $63.99.  While I bought plenty back in the day for $19.99, its scarcity and demand command a higher price these days so I am willing to pay up for a known quality 12-year old wheat bourbon.  I would certainly pay $70 for a bottle if I knew it was on the shelf somewhere.  If I happened to come across a bottle and had it in hand, knowing me, I would maybe go a little higher.  However, also knowing me, I would probably walk around the store with it my hand thinking long and hard about it before, ultimately, buying it.  

• I like it 1

Cheap Bastard went shopping today at a local 30% off sale. Stocked up the mid tier.  FRSmB Select, OF Statesman,  WTRBR. FRSiB, Woodinville,  and EC Rye.

While prices vary by region, I was happy to grab the FRSmB for $42 and the RBR and FRSiB for $33. 

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 4

here's about 3rd of recent purchases.  few I'm excited about

213632691_P6300016(2).thumb.JPG.dfe03c72461773d5ed3519ebdb6aca95.JPG

notice the tiny EC rye, I've not seen that before.  I've very excited to try the mekong catfish river water.  ecstatic to get the folly.  I wasn't sure Virginia would get much

1392312999_P6300017(2).thumb.JPG.107e5c5b941a915ef5598e090fc22398.JPG

I was surprised to get the lock stock ry for mere $60.  It passed thru sometime ago..  I like it.  Though Bardstown if big deal here, I'm very unimpressed. I'll do study before slamming it, that is #6 & #7 fusion #7 discovery 

1369209206_P6300018(3).thumb.JPG.5fd09692a6821651e9a4cfcffd2919f7.JPG

38299657_P6300019(2).thumb.JPG.03e6ddc828c6dbc0877ae8a0bb94ecab.JPG

Harper 15 yea, love that one.  I'm out o' loop?  how long Bernheim using this label?

4761668_P6300020(2).thumb.JPG.cebbc87e6a1725a82094f02fc5771bf2.JPG

some cool ones here.  that's ragged branch top shelf.  and surprised to get more of Fred Noe's excellent Courvoisier.  It's been off shelf here for months to year.  It's great tuff for same price as standard Courvoisier.

1844591592_P6300021(2).thumb.JPG.c4bb52d57788dc3f8dd7b578ba3f866b.JPG

• I like it 8

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.