Empty Bottle(s) Support Group for 2023:

5 hours ago, Kepler said:

Me neither.  I never saw it nor even heard of anybody seeing it.

It was a very good bottle, vanilla, caramel, spice, well balanced.  Ideal Knob Creek profile in my opinion, I had done side by sides with a few 12-15 year single barrels, as well as the Knob Creek 25th anniversary, and this did well.  Maybe not as bold as some single barrels, but so balanced.  I don't think I appreciated it enough.  I live in Minnesota, and remember seeing at least 12 bottles at my local, but this was a few years ago, I would think.  In retrospect, I should have picked more up.  Oh well, on to another bottle.  Good memories, and if you can find it, I would recommend it.

• I like it 2

On 4/26/2023 at 5:42 PM, Swamp55 said:

but the two on the right have become problematic on the supply front. 

... Bummer.  And, the JJB used to be part of my regular rotation of pours, but now it seems to be available nowhere that I shop (local or online).  I am down to the final bottle of this, and it will have to become a special pour now.  Fortunately, I have found quite a few other new candidates for the rotation, so I will survive...somehow!

Yep, and it seems only about 4 years ago that the JJB actually collected dust on the shelves at MSRP.  My how times have changed.

Edited by Kepler

It's always tough to say goodbye to an EC12.  Luckily I still have plenty (thanks to great foresight from my brother who stocked up on these and shared with me!)

20230427_211452.thumb.jpg.c09fba479bb51d7eb893f7d0068aab61.jpg

• I like it 4

On 4/11/2023 at 11:30 PM, Anwalt said:

There's a Queen song about this entire thread....

Gold Bye Bye.jpg

Luckily your stock situation is pretty decent.....

• I like it 1

A few old reliables poured their last recently. Fortunately I have backups for each. 

Don’t be too concerned with seeing an empty handle of MM so soon after I purchased a couple of them. No way I could drink that fast. 🥴 I decanted the remnants of the handle of MM  into an empty MM  750 ml. So, two handles of MM in the bunker, along with two more OF single barrels, 4 ER’s and a “plethora” of BT 750’s.  

IMG_1956.thumb.jpeg.d5a13ffebdb17d345b72c87db2dcb341.jpeg

• I like it 4

One last pour of my batch 18 ABC lottery bottle. I didn't really bond with this one when I first opened it, I didn't care for the finish, but as time went on it's become one of my favorites that I currently have open. To me it seems like about half way through the bottle the finish has has caught up  with the sweet caramel that I was getting on the nose. Or I may just be full of crap.

Anyway, I'm glad that we were able to stumble across a couple more.

20230508_203952.jpg

• I like it 5

2 minutes ago, Davesnothere said:

One last pour of my batch 18 ABC lottery bottle. I didn't really bond with this one when I first opened it, I didn't care for the finish, but as time went on it's become one of my favorites that I currently have open. To me it seems like about half way through the bottle the finish has has caught up  with the sweet caramel that I was getting on the nose. Or I may just be full of crap.

Anyway, I'm glad that we were able to stumble across a couple more.

20230508_203952.jpg

Healthy pour!

Lots of bing cherry, a touch of oak, and a kiss of that “MGP funk” as @Clueby describes it.  2016 bottle.

Sarah of course! ;)

C600662B-F7E6-4DDC-A7BB-73FFEA1DC416.jpeg

• I like it 7

Finishing off some long opened bottles, but they were still tasting fresh, and full of flavor!

-KCSib 9.5 year

-Stagg Jr. from back in the day when you could easily find a bottle (66.1% batch)

-EECBP A117–I didn’t find it as much of a step down than others, but certainly outclassed by earlier batches.

Now that it’s warmer in Minnesota, I’m finding I really like a bourbon lemonade while on the patio grilling.  In years past, I’d think that was a waste of good bourbon!  Funny how palates and opinions change over time.

CABF545F-EC6A-4B08-91AA-FA6352770128.jpeg

6098801F-37AB-4540-B244-AB270BDE523B.jpeg

• I like it 6

A Russel's Reserve single barrel gave its last four ounces tonight.  No photos, as I have already repurposed the bottle as a decanter for a 1.75 of WT101. Now I have WT101 on two levels of the house.  The flock thickens. 

• I like it 3

I didn't mean to kill this tonight but I worked on it over about 6 hours so I think I can be forgiven.  It's not sole here in CA but I scored some online so I have a couple in the bunker.

CC100 Empty.jpg

12 minutes ago, RT Fan said:

A bottle of Willett took one for the team. 

IMG_0559.jpeg

Regardless of what anyone should think of the whiskey inside, that bottle may be one of the best ever. 👍🏻  Heck, I buy one every so often just for the bottle!  😂

• I like it 2

7 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Regardless of what anyone should think of the whiskey inside, that bottle may be one of the best ever. 👍🏻  Heck, I buy one every so often just for the bottle!  😂

And it's nice to get a bottle ever so often to have it on the shelf -- the feeling of the large space opened up on the shelf after I empty one is strangely satisfying 😀

• I like it 2

53 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Agreed smokinjoe, it is the coolest bottle in whiskeydom. 

On 5/19/2023 at 6:58 PM, Jazz June said:

Some good 5yr MGP.

5F40086B-D8BA-4554-B4EA-1F755D134E62.jpeg

Small world 😎

20230521_195434.jpg

• I like it 1

Said goodbye to a bottle of Eagle Rare 10 and ECBP C920 this weekend. Both were good, although the C920 could be great some nights depending on how my pallet was feeling at that time.

• I like it 5

Enjoyed some Dickel for the third night in a row. This one is kaput. Was good.

Pat

20230521_212703.jpg

Edited by Patrick_OKC
typo
  • I like it 1

Both of these are among the most crushable bottles in my bar.  Once you open them, they don't last long.   

20230524_171005.thumb.jpg.5c6b6c2ea49c6f813786d3c3cc0fa43c.jpg

• I like it 4

Down goes Larceny, down goes Larceny! In the second round! Well for me my whiskey and bourbon consumption winds down as Memorial Day is upon us. I deserved a couple of glasses of bourbon after 3 1 /2 hours of power washing part of my deck today. Most of my whiskey is safe until Columbus Day when the frost is once again upon the pumpkin but with warmer weather my focus will shift to rum, gin and vodka. Don’t worry, I will still have a snifter or so depending upon the company that’s visits over the summer.

IMG_0560.jpeg

On 5/21/2023 at 4:34 PM, RT Fan said:

A bottle of Willett took one for the team. 

IMG_0559.jpeg

And soon thereafter, a scantily clad Barbara Eden appeared and developed an unhealthy obsession with fulfilling your every wish. 

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, Thomm said:

And soon thereafter, a scantily clad Barbara Eden appeared and developed an unhealthy obsession with fulfilling your every wish. 

Nobody told me that!  I would have been drinking it for years!😠