What Bourbon Are You Drinking Now? (Fall Edition 06)

jbutler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My neighbor just stopped over to say hello with a bottle of WT KS under his arm.

I love my neighborhood!

Where do you live? In heaven?

(Never happens to me either.)

I love my neighborhood!

I love your neighborhood too!! Got an extra room? :lol:

I opened a bottle which I have been cherishing for a while. I have a few bottles of WTRR101 bunkered, and figured tonight would be as good as any to crack one open. Yum.

Tonight it's a WT 101 8YO followed by a BT 90 proof. Great pours at a good price (£18) even in bandit country otherwise known as England!

Had a Black Bush the other night for a change of pace and wished I hadn't bothered. Not offensive in any way but just so bland and lacking in comparison to my fave spirit...

Mini challenge: Woodford Reserve vs Knob Creek

Winner: Woodford Reserve.

Called Sam's; still no Dickel barrel select

After a highly enjoyable night of drinking beer (mostly thanks to beer pong :) ) at my friends Halloween party it is absolutely Nirvana to have a few sips of Fall 2005 GTS. :)

Old Bardstown 10 yo, thank you Drew et al, and Wathens...11/01/05...I may want to have my ear bent about the latter and it's earlier version. I've read...but still have some, well, things I'd like to discuss. It's an interesting pour, with an interesting discussion to follow up on. Having a nice evening with both pours.

Blanton's to finish off the weekend. I still don't believe they get 750ml in this bottle. It's just seems too small...:skep: Oh well, that just means I can go buy another that much earlier!:D

JOE

Some Old Weller Antique 107. I'm almost glad they were out of FC103, this is my second time buying it and I think I like it a little better.

Following up a rather cold night of chaperoning trick or treating and an impromptu hot chocolate party with ten 12 yr olds...WT12 Foil...good stuff!

Jon

I'm sipping some ORVW 10/107 right now, after a pour of Saz Jr. and an earlier Fleischmann Rye-based Red Hook.

ORVW 10 is distinctly different from {OR,P}VW 15, but it's still one hell of a good bourbon!

2006 Stagg. Great taste! Very smooth going down. Great finish. Buffalo Trace scored this year! Much better than the 2005 version.

50/50 mix of EC 18 and Very Rare Old Heaven Hill 10. The sum is greater than the parts. really a solid pour.

EC 12 to a nice pour of EWSB 96. Love the fact hat both of these pours give you a solid taste at such a reasonable price.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.