What are you drinking tonight, Summer '08

Virus_Of_Life
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Tonight I am going to a dinner that is being put on by Julio's Liquor here in Boston.

They are doing a tasting of the 9 BTeXs at a great stake shop. I have been looking forward to this for some time. I have not seen a lot of feedback on these, so this should be fun.

* French Oak

* Twice Barreled

* Fire Pot Barrel

* Chardonnay Aged After Six Years

* Chardonnay Aged After Ten Years

* Zinfandel Aged After Six Years

* Zinfandel Aged After Ten Years

* Cabernet Franc After Six Years

* Cabernet Franc After Eight Years

Wish I was there Emerald. Tonight I made a Weller SR whiskey sour and then had some Weller Centennial 13yr.

Old Forester Signature is the pour this evening after waiting out a 1 hour delay when picking up my mom at the airport.

I was told that it was a younger but higher proof version of Woodford Reserve and I think that it is a great value pour.

BT. Haven't had that in a while. Still a good pour. Joe

ORVW 10/107 ... having one of those off nights unfortunately. I pretty much narrowed it down to the garlic throwing off the tastebuds... and yes I had tea to try and break the effect to no avail icon9.gif

I find myself going to this one more and more...I like black coffee and it's kind of like the "black coffee" of bourbons, EC 18.

-Joe

Had more than a little tonight.. a buddy came over and we killed (started and killed) a Julio's Weller Centennial... good stuff... 5 hours and 1 bottle....

It's a cool summer night and Jon and I have had the pleasure of Timothy's (Barturtle's) company this evening. I made supper and so far we're all still alive! LOL!

We're sitting outside and so far have enjoyed: Fleishmans Rye, KBS BOYB Weller 12, Dougs Willet 4 yr old, Japenese WT Tribute from Leif, Blue Smoke, WT Freedom, Weller 12, OF BIB 1973-1979 from Leif, Four Roses 12Oth Barrel N, Four Roses 40th 15-1C, WT Ky Spirit Unfiltered by Bourbon Society, VOB BIB, Weller Single Barrel 107 by Charles....the sweet one...,my personal favorite! and ETL BOTY 2006, and the US version of WT Tribute. Whew! And we're all still standing!!

BTW....I've had three glasses of Charles Weller 107....I need more of this. Plus the boys emptied a bottle of wine at dinner. Thank goodness I'm off tomorrow!!

Dawn

Russell's Reserve. Let my wife pick it out. Joe

Wild Turkey Rare Breed neat. I let it breathe for a few moments to get rid of the nearly overwhelming alcohol vapor and it was very pleasant.

Last night I had some WT12, and a 50/50 mix of WTAS and RR101. Then had some Gentleman Jack and then some AAA 10yo.....that stuff is awesome!

Scott

Tomorrow, to celebrate the birth of our Daughter, I will be cracking a bottle of Maker's Mark 101 gold wax.

When I met Bill Samuels JR last month I got him to sign one of them and he told me they must be 20-30 years old. The color is much deeper than regular maker's, I know the proof is higher but I feel this has been aged longer than 6 years too.

I will also have a private stash of Single Barrel Pappy 23 at the hospital :grin:

Less than 24 hours to go until the c-section!

Scott

post-1792-14489814267393_thumb.jpg

Congrats Hightower!

Tonight I had a whiskey sour with Weller Sr and now some Weller Centennial (Julio's 13yr) neat.

Hey Scott! Good luck tomorrow, I know it will be awesome! I will grab something great out of the bunker. PM brother and we'll have a toast! You and Brenda deserve it, congratulations my friend!!

Tony

Opened a bottle of Weller Centennial. Its my first. I bought it a few months ago after I heard it was being discontinued. Truly enjoyed my first drink of it.

Templeton Rye, neat

(pad, pad, pad)

Weller, Sam Ads, and Fenway's finest.... Randy Johnson just does not lool like Randy Johnson anymore...

Opened up a 4R 120th I got today at Binny's Castle. Barrel 7-1 s, 57.8%. Strong stuff straight; tossed in a couple of cubes.

Wild Turkey Rare Breed, neat.

I have to get past the alcohol fumes and taste, but underneath it is rich with what I call "dried" fruit sweetness.

My Dog over in the 313 (ACDetroit) vatts WTRB with WLWeller12yo and raves about it.

I can tell that it would be a good combo.

And damn, I emptied a WLWeller12yo just days ago.

I finished all my open wheaters from the winter and spring and now I have in my current rotation what I call my summertime ryes.

Bulleit

Four Roses Yellow Label

Four Roses Single Barrell

Wild Turkey 101

Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit

Wild Turkey Rare Breed

I need to pick up a Evan Williams Back Label and Single Barrel now to kick off the summer right.

J.W. Dant bib as soon as I get home from work, then maybe some Black Maple Hill (lovely stuff indeed!!).

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!