What are you drinking tonight, Summer '08

Virus_Of_Life
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Rittenhouse Rye BIB neat. Favorite liquor store finally recieved a couple cases today, after being out of stock for 2 months. Price went up 7 bucks a bottle!

Still a great value. I enjoy the heat of a young whiskey like this on occasion.

Four Roses 120th from barrel 7-1t (the 116 proof barrel)

Wow :bigeyes:

It doesn't have the heat that something of this proof should have. Very complex. Sweet and spicy all over. Wow.

Started with Weller Antique and ended with JB Black and Coke. joe

In the on-deck circle for tonight (or maybe this afternon given the 3:00 Cubs v. W. Sox game), with the plastic wrap already removed:

4R 120th from barrel T: bottle #2222 at 116 proof :hot:

This should be interesting!

Last night I had some WTRR101 (1997), then some WTKS (pewter top, 1996), then some Weller Antique (1998). All were very good!

Opened a new bottle of Pappy 20. First taste - ahhhh... Life is still good.

We went to a wedding tonight...had dinner, and now I'm having dessert...

FR 120th! :grin:

-Joe

Also opened a new bottle of Pappy 15 tonight. I wish to reiterate my love of this whisk(e)y. I give the 15 the edge over the 20 and time and again rate it as the best damn whisk(e)y on the planet. I must add that the Pappy 15 I drink is from a selected barrel done by Julio's. While I've had other 15's before I started buying mine at Julio's I can not remember if they were any different.

I just got my first real paycheck in 20 months.

Now, I wasn't planning on returning to work, but ^%$( happens.

I'm on the deck in Somers, NY; listening to the frogs and birds, creating clouds of blue smoke from a hand rolled cigar. Since the only belongings I brought from KY are underwear, my motorcycle and my whiskey, it's Hazmat Stagg. Tonight, the butterscotch entry and anise finish are just right.

Back in the Ratrace againn!! Hell Far. (That's fire to you Yankees)

The other night I poured a good shot of Old Forester Signature over rocks and then a splash of water (I had a bottle of an Italian spring water nearby, one of those with an "Empire" waist, and used that).

The pleasures of sipping a well-made bourbon and water should not escape the cognoscenti.

While neat sipping will always come first for me, occasionally a long drink is better and that OF and water had full flavor and great whiskey enjoyment.

It was probably (with the ice) about 2:1 OF to the water.

Gary

Back from Bardstown, I'm saving the Pappy 15, so it's Weller Antique 107 this afternoon followed by ETL.

-Joe

ORVW 10/90 on vacation and it tastes great after 13 hours on the road. :cool:

ORVW 10/107, PVW 15 and now some Lot B. I'd like to thank Julian Van Winkle for having such great taste.

At a wedding this evening. Started out easily with Beer, they provided two kegs of Sam Adams. Quite a crowd, the kegs did their best and kicked right after dinner. Whiskey at the bar, Jack Daniels only. I must add that this wedding was at someone's home, and the party was on.

Did my best given a large plastic cup, and some ice.

At home now enjoying Stagg '06 at 107 proof.

My very first taste of Lot B. Joe

I love that lot b Joe, Have you had the rest of the VW line?

Tonight it was ORVW 10/107, Weller Centennial (Julio's 13 yr) and then Pappy 15 all the way home.

Cheers!:toast:

Joe, I was going to send lot B, you want something else?

Tonight is is WT101 on SWA

Yes I have. So far ORVW 10/90 and Pappy 15. Today I purchased two bottles of Lot B and a bottle of ORVW 10/107, which I have yet to try. I'll have to do a side by side with the Lot B and Pappy 15. Not sure which I like better. So far the Pappy has the edge I think. Joe

I had small tastes of other drinks tonight (arak, absinthe) but the drink of the evening is Knob Creek, poured on one cube. This particular sample seems more anise-oriented than I normally find in KC, and that actually works quite well in terms of what I had before. It's got elements of tangerine, light smoke, some wood, some medium sweetness. Very nice drink.

Gary

Having some of the Weller 12 tonight... It's a newer bottle bought after they restocked last month, and tonight it's got kind of a bitter aftertaste to it... It could just be that my taste buds are off, but it's not anywhere near what I've come to expect from Weller because I really enjoy the Antique & the Centennial.

-Joe

Sazerac Jr on one cube. May have a Manhattan made with it later on this evening.

Life is Good!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!