What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Winter '08/'09

shoshani
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

That old 36 mo. bourbon showing up again, did you okay that with TJ? :lol:

There's plenty left where I got that. It's not exactly flying off the shelf. :lol:

...a bottle of Dant Olde Bourbon (36 mos.)...

There's suddenly talk of this all over the fora here.

Is this a Dusty or a current bottling? I've never seen a recent bottle of Dant in my part of the country so I've been thinking, probably incorrectly, that y'all were talking about an older botting.

Roger

I picked up a WLW'08 today. More than I usually care to spend, but I really like this one and wanted another before it's all gone.

There's suddenly talk of this all over the fora here.

Is this a Dusty or a current bottling? I've never seen a recent bottle of Dant in my part of the country so I've been thinking, probably incorrectly, that y'all were talking about an older botting.

Roger

It's a current one. The bottom of the bottle says 08. I wouldn't mind trying an older bottle though. I haven't actually seen any of them around here either other than at that place, which is actually a quasi-gormet supermarket with an extensive wine, beer and spirits section. I'm not sure who makes it now, but I'm guessing HH.

I didn't even know they were still making the Olde Bourbon. Emerald and I saw some in DC a couple weeks back. He picked up a handle from 1980 or so. He'll have to chime in on what he thinks about it. Here's a picture of the bottle we found. It's the handle on the far right side front row.

I did find this Wiki list of places that are selling it. http://www.shopwiki.com/detail/d=J.W._Dant_Bourbon_100/

So I think Dant is still available.

My bottle is the Dant "Olde Bourbon", label is identical to the one on the far right in the ggil's photo (thanks). I've seen the Dant 100 in IN several times. Came close to buying it but erred on the side of caution.

I didn't even know they were still making the Olde Bourbon. Emerald and I saw some in DC a couple weeks back. He picked up a handle from 1980 or so. He'll have to chime in on what he thinks about it. Here's a picture of the bottle we found. It's the handle on the far right side front row.

Here are my thoughts Here

1.75 of Benchmark

What can I say... times are tough; but it is still good bourbon.

What year? is it from the 70s or 80s? That is good juice man... very surprised

New to Sb and looking for dusties. Found my first one yesterday...a WL Weller Centennial from Louisville. Grabbed it because it was from the BHC but wasn't 100% sure it was a goodie but it was. Yeah for me.

Also grabbed a EC 12 and 2007 GTS

Eagle Rare 10

I'm liking this stuff alot. Very pleased with it. I tried it straight out of the bottle and got way too much wood. After it opened up most of the wood disappeared and I found a bourbon that suits my palette. For 28 bucks its not a bad buy. If it was 20 or less like I have read it had been I would be really excited instead of just smugly pleased that I have added another widely distributed goto pour to the list.

I'm a new guy, but I'm jumping in head first. Got a bonus from work yesterday and did a tour of my four favorite package stores in Pensacola last night. Met the owner of one for the first time. He took me down the bourbon aisle and commented on most everything on the shelf. Here's what I picked up after feeling compelled to get something at each of the 4 stores:

VW Lot B

Pappy 15

ORVW 10

OW Antique 107

Balvenie DoubleWood 12

4 WT glasses - very nice

Thanks for helping me blow my bonus, guys!

VW Lot B

Pappy 15

ORVW 10

OW Antique 107

Balvenie DoubleWood 12

4 WT glasses - very nice

Nice buys. You will enjoy those, less the Scotch. I cannot comment there, but the BT (Weller, PVW) buys are great.

Now you need some Glencairns :D

... and just wait, the bonus will not be the last chunk of change this site helps you spend through....

I'm a new guy, but I'm jumping in head first. Got a bonus from work yesterday and did a tour of my four favorite package stores in Pensacola last night. Met the owner of one for the first time. He took me down the bourbon aisle and commented on most everything on the shelf. Here's what I picked up after feeling compelled to get something at each of the 4 stores:

VW Lot B

Pappy 15

ORVW 10

OW Antique 107

Balvenie DoubleWood 12

4 WT glasses - very nice

Next time your in P-cola you may want to check out BamBooze. They stock the BTAC and pricing is very good.

Next time your in P-cola you may want to check out BamBooze. They stock the BTAC and pricing is very good.

I went to the BamBooze in the Food World shopping center near Sports Academy. Not sure if they have another location. They don't have the BTAC in stock right now, but it's the only place where I've seen the Pappy 15 (which I bought), Pappy 20 and VW Rye.

I saw the two ryes from the BTAC at the Liquor Cabinet which is just outside P'cola. I may go back for the Thomas H. Handy, but I wanted to try the regular Sazerac Rye (Baby Saz?) first. Picked up the Lot B there. The owner happened to be in and we had a nice chat and tour of the bourbon aisle. He offered to try to order anything he didn't have. It was a fun evening.

jim beam black

rock the vote dem/gop maker's mark (blue wax on top...:grin: )

...couldn't resist...i figured i'd hold on to it until the economy recovers...or should i find a less lofty goal...like, making it home safe...or getting at least an inch of snow before spring?

Nice buys. You will enjoy those, less the Scotch. I cannot comment there, but the BT (Weller, PVW) buys are great.

Now you need some Glencairns :D

... and just wait, the bonus will not be the last chunk of change this site helps you spend through....

Ignore my friend Mr. Cookie....he's an anti-Scotchite. That Balvenie Doublewood is great if you like a lighter scotch (low peat/smoke), this is what that offers. The bourbons you picked up are good selections also. Enjoy

VW Lot B

Pappy 15

ORVW 10

OW Antique 107

Balvenie DoubleWood 12

4 WT glasses - very nice

Senor Rat Pack, is it the ORVW 10/90 or 10/107?

What year? is it from the 70s or 80s? That is good juice man... very surprised

Sorry to disappoint... just the good ole, standard, modern McAfee Benchmark.

a local shop was doing a WT American Honey promotional. They had the minis for $0.50. I picked up 10. They are a great desert drink and are perfect for giving samples.

Pa State Store Had a sale on Eagle Rare 10 yr again so I picked up an extra spare Bottle for the Bunker. I have begon to really like this one and thought better get an extra while it is on sale!

Dave Z

-------------------------------------------------------------

It Seems All The Nicest people Drink Old Hickory

America's most magnificent Bourbon

--------------------------------------------------------------

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!