What are you drinking Spring 2010?

hectic1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

drank a can of Dale's Pale Ale while watering the fruit trees. Then, as that big orange ball dropped behind the horizon I sipped on some WTRB.

I started with some Baby Saz as an appetizer, VOB BIB while making dinner, GTS 2009 and PVW15 for dessert.

The Willie Wallace Bottling was famous because he/they (Kentucky Bourbon Society) went to WT and picked out their barrel. WT doesn't bottle at WT they bottle at one of Penrod Richards other sites at the time. Some where in this process Willie's barrel got lost and they bottled a different barrel and shipped it. The bottles were auction off I think, How this all got discovered I don't know. At least that's the story I think.

The bottles weren't auctioned, but people were allowed to buy them. I took one to the gazebo in 2008, and I've still got a few left.

I went to a place where Jimmy Russell was signing bottles, and in conversation I mentioned I had gotten some of another person's private bottling. "Oh, Willie!" was his response.

Apparently the barrel he ended up with was the one Russell had preferred from the original set.

Plan on hitting the Rowan's Creek tonight by the fire pit. I'm trying to thin out the herd of open bottles on the bar and have had trouble knocking this one off, so will enlist the help of a few friends. It's not bad, by any means, but just hasn't excited me much for some reason. Next up on the chopping block: Woodford Reserve and Fighting Cock.

Last night was a 12/90 wheater trip. Weller 12 followed by VSOF (before dinner) and a Lot B after dinner.

Got a 5 oz flask of Weller 107 from 1997 waiting for me to get off work and go shoot some guns with friends.

The last out of my Overholt 1981 and VWFRR-K before dinner today. The last out of my Fitzgerald 1849-73 with the last of my hazelnut cake for dessert and WTRB 1991 later. The van Winkle brand was the hit this night.

Leif

My own blended Scotch.

Leif, any chance you can make the party at Randy's?

Gary

Started out with a small pour of RHF's to finish off the bottle...now I'm having a sample of some 1998 WSR...this is my first taste of this and I'm really digging it! Syrupy vanilla nose...man oh man is that a great smell! ;)

The Willie Wallace Bottling was famous because he/they (Kentucky Bourbon Society) went to WT and picked out their barrel. WT doesn't bottle at WT they bottle at one of Penrod Richards other sites at the time. Some where in this process Willie's barrel got lost and they bottled a different barrel and shipped it. The bottles were auction off I think, How this all got discovered I don't know. At least that's the story I think.

Apparently I didn't get much of this story right, it wasn't the barrel they picked from there my version goes to S##T. Sorry for the bad info. :blush:

Good to hear Leif, look forward to it.

Night cap last night: Bulleit and Four Roses Single Barrel mixed 50/50, I got a good balance on it.

Gary

Kicked the bottle of Rowan's Creek last night before moving on to Fighting Cock and a nightcap of Russell's Reserve 101.

I'm enjoying some pre-lunch Dickel #8 with a couple shots of Peychaud's bitters right now. My teetotaling parents are coming for a visit, so I figured I better get some whiskey in while I can!

Busted my arse in the yard today, so after a couple of Terrapin Beer Co. "Hopsecutioner" IPA's, I'm now relaxing with a long, neat pour of Baby Saz. Ahhhhhh....

Next up will be a smidge of McScrooge's OWA 7 yr before heading to The Ted to see the Bravos and Rockies. :woohoo: Chop, Chop!!

Feeling nostalgic today. I poured off a dram of a cherished 200ml bottle of Old Charter Classic 12. Smooth, smoky sweet caramel with a touch of cinnamon, coffee, old leather and a bit of wood to round it out. Maybe I got lucky with this bottle.

Sippin' a Eagle Rare 101, neat and not thinking about the next one.

Not 'eh,how strange.

Poured a nice glass of the old BevMo 25 yr Willett (Chocolate Monster as Oscar called it).

Did a double take after dinner.

Had a couple of WLWeller Centennial's then poured a Four Roses Single Barrel.

That's when I did the double take, it was like a straight rye after the dinner desert Centennial.

Decided to open up a WTAS to see if I like it enough to buy a 3rd bottle this week in Indy! :D

I've got a couple of seven pound pork shoulders in the smoker, Walk the Line on TV and some '68 Old Crow sitting in a glass next to me.

Re-lax-ation

I busted my arse in the yard today too, Joe...

Then I took a flask of 08 Handy to a neighborhood get-together.

I actually liked the handy tonight !@!!!:grin:

After a long hard day fixing and cleaning my SUV, I'm having a pour of BT. Joe

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!