What are you drinking Spring 2010?

hectic1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It's an interesting point. Beam doesn't do any single barrel products and doesn't even have a single barrel bottling line. Consequently, I'm skeptical of the Knob Creek claim. Could be the retailer is confusing 'small batch' with 'single barrel.' Some people think Booker's is single barrel because it is barrel proof.

Does Wild Turkey have any single barrel bottlings? I don't think so, and I don't think they do a single barrel program either. I think everyone else does.

GTS 07 Finished planting wheat to day!

Sancho Panza double Maduro and Stag. Life is

fun!

Kentucky Spirit is SB. I recall seeing a special Premier bottling in the Buffalo area last summer, too. I also had a bottle of Kentucky Legend that was an SB. Damn that was good whiskey.

I own a retail (Premier) and an individual (Willie Wallace) bottling of WTKS so they definitely exist.

Does Wild Turkey have any single barrel bottlings?

I met some SB'ers at Bourbons Bistro not long ago and Timothy brought a bottling of WTKS that someone from the Bourbon Society did. I remember a sticker/different label on it, I'm sure others here could expand on it. It's the only one I've ever seen or heard of though.

...I'm skeptical of the Knob Creek claim...

I believe Timothy helped select a single barrel Knob Creek 5-10 years ago for a restaurant or bar he worked at at that time. I'd never heard of it before or since, though.

Maybe he'll regale us with the story.

Roger

I've seen a private bottle of Kentucky Spirit done for Lisa's Liquor Barn in Rochester NY.

The Bourbon Society of Louisville has done them and then of course there is the infamous Willie Wallace WTKS bottle.

I've seen a private bottle of Kentucky Spirit done for Lisa's Liquor Barn in Rochester NY.

The Bourbon Society of Louisville has done them and then of course there is the infamous Willie Wallace WTKS bottle.

I've heard the willie wallace bottle mentioned a couple of times... why is it infamous?

Had some ETL last night while watching baseball and a nightcap of Russell's Reserve 101.

It's an interesting point. Beam doesn't do any single barrel products and doesn't even have a single barrel bottling line. Consequently, I'm skeptical of the Knob Creek claim. Could be the retailer is confusing 'small batch' with 'single barrel.' Some people think Booker's is single barrel because it is barrel proof.

Does Wild Turkey have any single barrel bottlings? I don't think so, and I don't think they do a single barrel program either. I think everyone else does.

WT single barrel is Kentucky Spirit and if you go through them to buy a barrel it has to be bottled as KS.

Here is the link to the single barrel KC they are out now so no rules broken: http://www.internetwines.com/rws10206.html I'm only posting it for the sake of argument.

I've heard the willie wallace bottle mentioned a couple of times... why is it infamous?

The Willie Wallace Bottling was famous because he/they (Kentucky Bourbon Society) went to WT and picked out their barrel. WT doesn't bottle at WT they bottle at one of Penrod Richards other sites at the time. Some where in this process Willie's barrel got lost and they bottled a different barrel and shipped it. The bottles were auction off I think, How this all got discovered I don't know. At least that's the story I think.

The Willie Wallace Bottling was famous because he/they (Kentucky Bourbon Society) went to WT and picked out their barrel. WT doesn't bottle at WT they bottle at one of Penrod Richards other sites at the time. Some where in this process Willie's barrel got lost and they bottled a different barrel and shipped it. How this all got discovered I don't know. At least that's the story I think.

Actually, Willie got to go pick another barrel. There was no mistaken barrel bottled. I can't remember anymore if it was said to be lost or empty upon arrival.

I believe Timothy helped select a single barrel Knob Creek 5-10 years ago for a restaurant or bar he worked at at that time. I'd never heard of it before or since, though.

Maybe he'll regale us with the story.

Roger

I'll try to remember to dig out that bottle sometime. I have one left, signed by the selection committee. The second to last remaining bottle was consumed at the Gazebo in 2005.

Hidden
Actually, Willie got to go pick another barrel. There was no mistaken barrel bottled. I can't remember anymore if it was said to be lost or empty upon arrival.

The last out of a WTKS before dinner, Fitzgerald 1849 from 1977 with the hazelnut cake for dessert and WTRB 1991 just a minute a go.

Leif

The last out of a WTKS before dinner, Fitzgerald 1849 from 1977 with the hazelnut cake for dessert and WTRB 1991 just a minute a go.

Leif

Sounds like a nice evening, Leif. You always seem to have such nice pairings of dessert and bourbon. My health-conscious wife wouldn't even allow half of your desserts in our household but she long ago lost the war of prohibition when it came to the whiskey.:grin:

Leif alway has such a great selection of bourbons that he taps into. Despite that, I usually find myself anticipating what his dessert choice was. :D Leif, sir, you do good! May I ask, do you make these wonderful sounding desserts yourself? Or, do you buy them?

:toast:

Leif alway has such a great selection of bourbons that he taps into. Despite that, I usually find myself anticipating what his dessert choice was. :D Leif, sir, you do good! May I ask, do you make these wonderful sounding desserts yourself? Or, do you buy them?

:toast:

Me and my lady partner make our desserts ourselves Joe. We both like to cook. However I have been cutting down a bit since Christmas as I have easy to gain weight. I have also stopped doing traditional vanilla souse witch is pretty fat and gone over to high quality vanilla yoghurt from the store. My lady can eat dessert every day without gaining any weight, but I guess that’s favor is only granted to a small group of people.

This said I do prefer beer over bourbon to some desserts/cakes.

Leif

OK, here's what I did.

I saw that there was a different 4R1B on the shelf than the original MI rollout from warehouse CS.

So I got it, it's from the HE warehouse, barrel no 52-3H.

It is a lot better, not ledgendary but I am dissapointed that 4R sent that other stuff up here for the rollout.

It's hard enough being a bourbon drinker in MI without the CS stuff clouding the issue.

Overholt 1981 and Rendezvous rye before dinner today. ORVW 10/107 with the hazelnut cake for dessert and Fitzgerald 1849-73 later.

Leif

Black Maple Hill 21 earlier this evening, and a pour of E&R Willett 6yr. for a night cap.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!