What Bourbon Are You Drinking, Fall 2010

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Drove up to the Tahoe area to see my parental units and brought the RE 17-1 thru 3 and I forgot I had a bottle of the RE original. Poured all four and enjoyed them. In the end, the original RE may take the prize.

Me thinks I will tip a snifter of Eagle Rare backed up with bud light this afternoon :skep: ...coupled with a fine stick from the island south of miami. Cheerz.

Last night I went with the latest RE 17 133.2, what a smooth pour. Then moved on to Binny's Weller 12.

Just picked up a bottle of Red Stag Black Cherry.

Interesting, lots of flavour, warms the gut!

The last out of my ETL bottle before dinner. I will not replace it, but it has grown a bit over time and I like the honey touch that I felt today.

Uncut 13 years HH bottled by Cadenheads after dinner and OGD114 as a nightcap right now.

Although the HH pour was powerful the Beam brand found the spot best tonight for sure.

Leif

We went with Blantons and FRSB last night. Both were excellent but most of the folks at the party raved about the Four Roses which I preferred as well.

Last night we went with two different Elijah Craig 18yo, one a Binny's selection the other a Party Source.

Also Evan Williams Single Barrel 2005, Willetts 3yo Party Source selection and Jefferson's Presidential Select 18yo Julio's Liquors selection with the company of SB.com members Josh, Amy and our spouses and children in the mighty mighty 313.

Almost polished off an entire bottle of FRSB with a few friends last night.

FINALLY! I found a bottle of FR that I really liked. I usually don't drink on the rocks, but this stuff was outstanding with a few cubes in it. A little too hot and spicy neat. Maybe this was my problem all along...

How do you find out which recipe is in the single barrel? I sure wish they would put it on their FRSB label.

FINALLY! I found a bottle of FR that I really liked. I usually don't drink on the rocks, but this stuff was outstanding with a few cubes in it. A little too hot and spicy neat. Maybe this was my problem all along...

How do you find out which recipe is in the single barrel? I sure wish they would put it on their FRSB label.

See post #22 in this thread,...

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13638&page=3

I never had 4R1B on the rocks until a couple of years ago when having lunch with Jim Rutledge after selecting a barrel, he ordered it that way and then so did I, yeah it's a whole new taste.

I know what the 10 recipes are, but on the 4R1B, it only lists the warehouse and barrel number. Is there any way to decipher from that?

If you locate the list of recipes in post #22, the bottlings that use them are listed as well.

The standard single barrel is always the same recipe.

Aha. I was never good at looking at charts. Thanks for the clarification guys. I'm always amazed at how fast information can be obtained from this site.

There's hope for you yet, SMOWK! :lol:

There's hope for you yet, SMOWK! :lol:

I Hope! :cool:

I'm a wheater at heart, but I'm starting to move outside the box. VWFRR helped me move to the other end of the spectrum. Slowly but surely, I'm filling in the blanks.

VWFRR-K before dinner, JDSS with the apple cake for dessert and WLW 2007 right now. All tasted splendid tonight!

Leif

A few days in Kentucky with friends... poured way too many good bourbons... interesting that the highlight for me was a mid 70's Dickel 12 90 proof... rich, honey sweetness, velvet mouth feel, great finish..... elegant in all regards!! Thanks Timmy!!!!

I had Rittenhouse BIB before dinner yesterday and it was excellent. I like this one better and better. I did than try to get back to the rots by having calvados (Daron xo) with the apple cake for dessert as I used too many years ago before I discovered that bourbon and Tennessee was better. It didn’t hit the spot at all, so I had a little pour of JDSS as well and that worked out much better.

Leif

A few days in Kentucky with friends... poured way too many good bourbons... interesting that the highlight for me was a mid 70's Dickel 12 90 proof... rich, honey sweetness, velvet mouth feel, great finish..... elegant in all regards!! Thanks Timmy!!!!

Very interesting indeed! I have seen these types of Dickel 12 and also Dickel 8 with 86 something proof in auctions several times. I will make a good bid next time for sure.

Leif

Revisited the Blanton's last night while watching the new Ken Burns documentary "The Tenth Inning." My bottle came from a barrel dumped in '08 and it's a good one. Real nice mouth-coating texture, a touch of vanilla and an absolutely first-rate oaky nose that had me sniffing the empty glass long after my pour had disappeared down the hatch. I had this pour at 10:40 p.m., exactly eight years to the minute after my lovely daughter was born. Thoroughly enjoyable!

2010 PHC. Like I said before, man this stuff is good. :woohoo: Joe

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!