What Bourbon Are You Drinking, Fall 2010

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I've been away from bourbon for a few days, so I decided to correct that problem with a pour of 4R1B, followed by a pour of OGD114 tonight. I've enjoyed the 114 ever since I first tried it, but I've done a complete 180 on the 4R1B. Initially, I thought I made a huge mistake in buying the bottle, but now, either due to oxidation or maybe I've just finally come around, this bourbon is very good.

Last week I ran across a bar that stocked Buffalo Trace. So, tonight since I ate supper in town I went back to the same bar and had a couple pours of BT......and the bartender even knew what I meant by "neat".

Liking one 'on the rocks' doesn't qualify as hope in my book.

But I "Reeaallllyyy" liked it. :lol:

I still have some that hasn't quite made it to the glencairn yet. i'll be back.

I got into my newly purchased Parkers Heritage tonight. So easy to drink. The big proof was hardly noticable. Loved it.

Finished up some work from home with pours of Weller 12 and AAA 10 Year Single Barrel from The Party Source. The AAA really hit the spot tonight, I haven't had it in awhile.

Over at Jake's/SGTGTO last night helping out with the making of his 2010 Pumpkin Ale. Had to have a few pours during the process. Started with some vintage "Deluxe" Cream of Kentucky 80 proof. Next up was WT 86.8, damn fine juice! Finished with a healthy pour of ER101.

Had a fun time making beer as I haven't done it in years. Felt bad because I had to leave before we completed the batch, but can't wait to try it when it's ready. Thanks again Jake!

I'm sippin' on some Four Roses OESQ recipe that was selected by Julios Liquors.

119 proof, 10 years old, low rye-floral yeast, this is the same recipe that was used for the 4R1B 2009 LE that was relesed in the Spring of that year.

This one is more in your face than the '09 LE.

I liked that '09 LE, it was subtle and delicate, you could pick up hints of honey and cocoa dust.

This one seems bolder, hotter, great floral nose, toffee blast taste.

I'm sippin' on some Four Roses OESQ recipe that was selected by Julios Liquors.

119 proof, 10 years old, low rye-floral yeast, this is the same recipe that was used for the 4R1B 2009 LE that was relesed in the Spring of that year.

This one is more in your face than the '09 LE.

I liked that '09 LE, it was subtle and delicate, you could pick up hints of honey and cocoa dust.

This one seems bolder, hotter, great floral nose, toffee blast taste.

I agree with you Oscar..I have the Julio's OESQ bottle and 5 different Binny's recipes and the Julio's definitely is hotter and more in your face then any of the Binny's bottles. :(

Hey, Binny's is the best.

The sooner we all realize this then the better off we'll all be.

BTW, I now have all ten of the 4R recipes via Binny's selections.

I feel like a mad scientist, I can cook up all kinds of stuff.

Thought I'd see if my 09 OFBB would cut through the nasty head cold I've got and deliver some flavor to my dead taste buds. It did a fine job with the spicyness really doing the trick.

Gary

Early tonight I had a couple of pours of EC12YO and after dinner a pour of Wathen's and later a pour of 4RsB. All very tasty. Tonight the EC12YO seemed to be the favorite. Normally, I like the 100+ proof bourbons, but over the last month or so the 90-95 proof have been great. Thank goodness for tastebuds that change. :cool:

Stayed on the RITT BIB tonight through baseball. Nice no Hitter by Roy. Both of my ex Tribe Cy Young pitchers won. Was rooting for Minn. Damn Yankees!

Last night, a '92 Old Fitz Prime at an easy 80 proof. Trying to kill off this handle.

Did another side-by-side with the AAA 10 YO and AAA BIB last night. The latter beats he former hands down in my book. I enjoy the 10 Year Old on the occasions that I have it, but when compared head-to-head it comes off a tad thin and not as well-rounded in flavor.

While chatting with some of the guys in the Gazebo last night I had pours of OFBB 07 and ER101 Frankfort...both were good but I would give a slight edge to the ER101!

I had a healthy pour of this years OF Birthday Bourbon. I like it a lot. Nice warm spiciness with just the right amount of oak. Great bourbon for the fall season.

I had a healthy pour of this years OF Birthday Bourbon. I like it a lot. Nice warm spiciness with just the right amount of oak. Great bourbon for the fall season.

Got a bottle of it for my birthday a few days ago and really looking forward to sharing it with friends this weekend. (We drank Blanton's and FRSB on the night of the party itself.) I still have sealed bottles of 2007 and 2008 to knock off!

I've been taking this one slowly and it's coming around on me. Much like Four Roses has in the past few months. I think this years bottling is better than 2009, but not as good as 2008. Those are the only three that I've tried.

Home from work and enjoying some ORVW 10/107 that has been on the back shelf for a while. This bottle has a strong earthy oak taste to it. The oak really shines on the 100+ proof VWs.

Started with a pour of 98 WSR and now I'm onto a pour of 95 WSR...the 95 definitely is thicker and has a better mouth feel. I get a little better finish from the 95 as well...man, I wish they still made bourbon like this! :(

Started with some Willett Chocolate Monster... That is great juice. Next was a Willett, HH product if I had to guess, that is bottle 15 of 24. Just top notch juice. 17yr bueaty.

Next up is some of the Willett Stitzel Weller, DSP 16 Juice that I picked up. Talk about some amazing juice. None of the other bottles of Willett can be compared against this one. At about 139 proof, this one is in a class of its own. Distinct balance of oak and caramel with vanilla racing all over. It grows in your mouth and leaves with a finish that is legendary. Great juice.

I went from current Pappy 15 to MM 46 and was going to end there but then thought about how life is for living and now sipping on 1983 Rebel Yell brought up from its 86.8 proof with a splash of gold veined 107 Weller Antique.

I went from current Pappy 15 to MM 46 and was going to end there but then thought about how life is for living and now sipping on 1983 Rebel Yell brought up from its 86.8 proof with a splash of gold veined 107 Weller Antique.

The RY/WA vatting sounds interesting. How was it?

OGD 114 from 81 before dinner and WT 8 export with the plain dark chocolate ice cream for dessert. The granddad has grown on me over time and I like it a lot. Its almost as spicy as the Beam version and more chewy and smooth.

Leif

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!