Empty Bottle Support Group 2011

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Good friends were over last evening and at the end of the night Elijah Craig [12] was put to rest. Good time. Good drink.

A pair of 10 year old 101 proofers have succumbed: Eagle Rare and Wild Turkey RR.

Tack on a Lot B to the carnage as the march to clear out the open bottles continues.

Will probably finish off a bottle of AAA 10 which I have not had in 31 years. I like it as it is a simple bourbon that I can drink without putting a lot of thought into. No more in the bunker however I have a case due to arrive on the 10th.

Paid respects to a handle of WT101 last night.

Went out and picked up a new handle of WT101 today :cool:

Angels Envy, Pappy 15, and a Vintage Bourbon 17 yr old were all vanquished the last few days. Joe

I'll be enjoying a final pour of Weller SR tonight.

Added by edit:

The Weller SR was emptied, but it did not hit the recycle bin. It is now the proud new home of 3/4 of a bottle of Lot B (the cork broke off in the Lot B bottle).

Need to make a dent in the open bottles (so I can buy more)- WT101 bit the dust last night.

Last evening a Four Roses OESK Ledgers (2010) gave it's last drop. Another fine barrel pick by the EBSG...

Have you ever noticed that I don't post here?

I would be embarresed to let y'all know how many bottles I empty.

TPS Bowman Rye poured its last drop last evening... an excellent bottling!!

4R Lt Ed 2010. Disappointed in the whole bottle, especially since the Mariage 09' and other barrel strength reditions are so very, very good. Lt Ed 10' was just dull, no distinct or prominant flavors coming thru. Have another bottle in the bunker. If it starts out as boring as this one, may have to trade or given it away.

Tim

Finally finished the last 6-8ozs of my Bulleit bourbon today. Don't think I will replace that one.

Polished off an open bottle of AAA 10 year old. Went and got another from the bunker and opened it.

Have you ever noticed that I don't post here?

I would be embarresed to let y'all know how many bottles I empty.

I'd be into hearing these tales. I seem to also surpass the 3 oz. per night average I gleaned from some of the "How much do you drink" threads.

Dusted a OWA 107 I've had opened this week tonight and closing the gap on a OGD BiB as well.

Polished off a bottle of Four Roses 40th.... SS 17-1F. Actually quite nice a whiskey that was better than I had remembered.

Finished off a Rowan's Creek & a ER17 2010 over poker last night.

Finished off a bottle of Old Charter 10 year old while grilling two New York Strips for dinner. I have several more in the bunker.

The first bottle of OGD114 that I ever bought hit the trash can tonight. This was one of the first bottles that this site turned me on to and it will be on my shelf for as long as I can find it for a fair price. It always tastes good to me.

Ditto Jack. I just bought my first OGD 114 the other day and have already put a nice dent in it. Surprisingly, I enjoy it more with a splash of water. Probably around 80-90 proof, and I'm usually a fan of higher proof. What a unique bourbon. Sweet with hints of vanilla. Bit of rye. A nice spicy, peppery, warm finish. Very enjoyable! Thankful for everyone's recommendation here.

And as far as the trash can......another Ardmore Taditional Cask bit the dust last night.

Josh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.