what bourbon are you enjoying spring 2012 ?

Phil T
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have been working on a bottle of CEHT Tornado. We have been helping with actual tornado cleanup in northern Kentucky each of the past 3 weekends and it just seemed fitting to be also working on a bottle of Tornado bourbon.

One old man who had his entire house blown away who we have been helping, I noticed he had a half finished bottle of Old Crow on his work bench last weekend. The old man is hilarious and I think he would appreciate a bottle of Tornado Surviving bourbon. He has already nicknamed his grandson "twister" because he was born during the storm so I don't think I'm at risk of this being an inappropriate gift.

Enjoying some John J. Bowman Single Barrel. Honestly, I did not care for this when I originally opened it several months ago. And, as a result, I'm starting to buy into the theory that with some air and time bourbons can "open up". At the moment I really like this John J. Bowman!

I have been working on a bottle of CEHT Tornado. We have been helping with actual tornado cleanup in northern Kentucky each of the past 3 weekends and it just seemed fitting to be also working on a bottle of Tornado bourbon.

One old man who had his entire house blown away who we have been helping, I noticed he had a half finished bottle of Old Crow on his work bench last weekend. The old man is hilarious and I think he would appreciate a bottle of Tornado Surviving bourbon. He has already nicknamed his grandson "twister" because he was born during the storm so I don't think I'm at risk of this being an inappropriate gift.

Had two good size pour of JPS 18 batch 14 at a buddies house last night. Not my first run in with the JPS 18 but definitely my best so far, great stuff!

I'm celebrating so every bottle I hesitate reaching for on a normal night is fair game today. I started with small pours of PHC wheated and PVW 15. For the moment I've switch to beer (Sculpin IPA), but on deck is Abraham Bowman 18. If I'm still standing I intend on finishing the night with some rye: THH, Saz 18, and VWFRR. I need to celebrate more often!

I'm celebrating so every bottle I hesitate reaching for on a normal night is fair game today. I started with small pours of PHC wheated and PVW 15. For the moment I've switch to beer (Sculpin IPA), but on deck is Abraham Bowman 18. If I'm still standing I intend on finishing the night with some rye: THH, Saz 18, and VWFRR. I need to celebrate more often!

Well, dang good for you! :toast: I'm going with WT Tribute, in tribute to whatever you're celebrating about. :D

Cheers!

Not tonight, but this week while on biz in Chicago, I really, Really, enjoyed a couple of pours of JB Devil's Cut at a restaurant we ate at. I liked the bottle that I had some months ago, but didn't remember it being as good as what I experienced this week. I will have to go get another.

Enjoying? Not so much. I had a pour of CnB BT 39 that seemed strangely herbal/funky tonight.

Enjoying a nice pour of Ancient Ancient Age 10 Star. What a great value bourbon. Seems to have a little bit of everything some sweetness, some wood (but not too much), and a little bit of spice. Finish is enjoyable as well. It's one of the few bottom (mid?) shelfers that I like everytime I pour it, even when I stack it up against some top-shelfers. Ultimately the top-shelf may be preferred, but AAA10 always keep me coming back. Makes me curious what the 10-year old age-stated used to taste like.

Makes me curious what the 10-year old age-stated used to taste like.

You can still get the 10 year (in Kentucky for sure). Definitely worth a try.

^^ ^ Very interesting... I polished off my last bottle of AAA 10 year last night. Lots of caramel for sure... A damn fine value poor. I will be replenishing the stocks when I am in KY for the Sampler.

^^ ^ Very interesting... I polished off my last bottle of AAA 10 year last night. Lots of caramel for sure... A damn fine value poor. I will be replenishing the stocks when I am in KY for the Sampler.

Get the current private barrel from TPS. Sensational pour!

I visited a buddy and had the good fortune of having a few quality pours: PVW20(current release and first time for me), Hirsch 25 year (looks like cola and is very good), BMH 16yr, and I tried the WR New cask and aged cask (not bad, but not going to pay the price it). It was a successful visit.:cool:

I just finished a HH White Label/Rittenhouse BiB manhattan. Guess who I'm rooting for in the first Final 4 game?:lol:

[i polished off my last bottle of AAA 10 year last night. Lots of caramel for sure... A damn fine value poor. I will be replenishing the stocks when I am in KY for the Sampler.

[i polished off my last bottle of AAA 10 year last night. Lots of caramel for sure... A damn fine value poor. I will be replenishing the stocks when I am in KY for the Sampler.

For whatever reason, got the urge for AAA 10yr yesterday and opened one tonight. A little thinner than I remembered, but the flavor and finish are still working for me. I too will be buying some more to bring home while at the Sampler.

Gary

WSR7-SB blend - Old Fitz Prime mini 86 proof

A wheater tasting flight

WSR sweet and smooth

SB blend more spice, some wood

OFP needed some time to open up, a bit harsh at first, smoothed out nicely after 15-20 min, very woody, would love to know the age

Hey, looks like we all had the same thing in mind - enjoyed some AAA 10yr earlier! It had been a while, so I felt it was time to revisit the bottle. Followed by Kahn's EC12 and VSOF. While I agree that the AAA is a bit thin, the flavor is fantastic. Picking up another bottle would definitely be a good idea!

I'm loving this John J. Bowman Single Barrel that I bought a few months ago. I bought it from Liquor Barn here in Lexington. Honestly, the only reason I bought it was because I was blown away that they had it. I had been under the impression that it was only available in Virginia. I think it cost me about $50, so it wasn't cheap. Initially I did not care for it at all. But I went back to it the other night and I am really starting to believe that a bottle of whiskey can "open up" in a similar fashion to wine because the stuff is GREAT right now. Honestly, one of the better bourbons I've had in awhile. I will be sad when it is gone as I likely will not see it around these parts again.

Started the afternoon with a pour of WTRB while assembling a greenhouse for the wife. JBB served as the backbone of a Manhattan with dinner. An ERSB based Old fashioned made for a pleasant after dinner drink. And finally a Knob Creek Single Barrel

Lot B won a blind tasting tonight. May have to go pick up a bottle for the beginnings of a bunker.

Lot B won a blind tasting tonight. May have to go pick up a bottle for the beginnings of a bunker.

What else was in the tasting?

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!