what bourbon are you enjoying spring 2012 ?

Phil T
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

What else was in the tasting?

I posted it over in the tasting section but it was EC12, PVW15, EC18, JeffRsv, WLW2011, ER17, PHC Wheat, ETL, EWSB2000, Blanton's, 4RSB, BT, ORVW 10/90, Basil Hayden, and one other I can't recall.

Another month has come and gone so why not...a horizontal tasting of my most recent acquisitions: Red Stag Black Cherry, Red Stag Honey Tea and Red Stag Spiced. I think I can give the edge to the Honey Tea...but before I buy another I really got to wait to see what Hansell, Cowdery and Murray score it first. Oh and Josh too.

A healthy pour of Dickel 12.........I grilled/smoked some beef short ribs over an oak wood fire and am finishing them up by simmering the electric skillet with BBQ sauce and a splash of Dickel.....

Did a little side by side of Knob Creek and KCSB. I don't know if it is just the higher proof, the fact that the single barrel is not chill filtered, or I just got a really good barrel. But the single barrel is so much better than the regular expression, it seems almost like a crime what they do to the regular expression.

Had the pleasure of meeting wripvanwinkle (Eric) from Colorado yesterday as well as his dad. They stopped by and we had a few pours from the bunker.

Started the day off with some Blue Wax Hirsch, Eagle Rare 101, Early 80's 8yr Old Grad Dad BIB, Saz 18 2004 as well as a few others.

It was nice to put a name with a face, Eric is a great guy as well as his dad. Who has now invited me over to sample some dusties and such at his place!

Great day

Cheers!

ETL CnB #18, OWA CnB #54, and AAA 10yr. The ETL has opened up so well that I'm going to miss it when it's gone. As with AAA, it's rather thin, but the flavor is just so damned good.

Started the day off with some Blue Wax Hirsch, Eagle Rare 101, Early 80's 8yr Old Grad Dad BIB, Saz 18 2004 as well as a few others.

Had the pleasure of meeting wripvanwinkle (Eric) from Colorado yesterday as well as his dad. They stopped by and we had a few pours from the bunker.

It was nice to put a name with a face, Eric is a great guy as well as his dad. Who has now invited me over to sample some dusties and such at his place!

Great day

Cheers!

T-bag...I'm coming in town next week...same place as always for drinks? ;)

JTS Brown BIB while 'cueing up some ribs on the deck. Very nice!

Hank I've been hearing more suggestions from a couple bourbon friends and on SB about this bottling. Can you offer any tasting insights as I believe this is a HH distillate and bottling? Thanks

Due to recent threads I'm having some Vintage 17 while cleaning out the kids' fish tank. Quite good. (The Vintage 17, that is.)

I have a PVW 15 poured and ready to enjoy a Short Story on a beautiful N. Georgia Mtn evening.:bandit:

A healthy pour of Pappy 23 in preparation for bringing the banner home to KY tonight!

TPS AAA 10 year private barrel while watching the NCAA final.

[i polished off my last bottle of AAA 10 year last night. Lots of caramel for sure... A damn fine value poor. I will be replenishing the stocks when I am in KY for the Sampler.

Ditto. I'll be looking to get more 10 year at Sampler.

For whatever reason, got the urge for AAA 10yr yesterday and opened one tonight. A little thinner than I remembered, but the flavor and finish are still working for me. I too will be buying some more to bring home while at the Sampler.

Gary

A small pour of makers, I've never been a big fan. This is a 375 dipped by a friend a few years ago, about half full. Better than I remember, maybe the air and age has done something. I am a fan of Maker's 46, makes me wonder about vatting the two Maker's. Anyone try this?

A little SB blend for the second half of the game.

Started with the PVW15, put a EC18 next to it...not able to compare due to the brutish presence of the Pappy. So I poured an OWA NAS and it was nice esp. for price but the Pappy is just too expressive. Very informative night of pours!:cool:

Eagle Rare 10. Not as bad as when I first opened it...but still rather unimpressed. Very little oak for something that sat in a barrel for 10 years. Not bad mind you, but nothing exciting either.

My "cooking supper bourbon" tonight was Redemption High Rye- Irredeemable, even in the French Toast batter.

Followed up with a glass of what a real bottom-shelfer should taste like: Heaven Hill White Label BiB, 6 y/o. Man, the only thing better than that in the same price range is VOB BiB.

TROOF

My "cooking supper bourbon" tonight was Redemption High Rye- Irredeemable, even in the French Toast batter.

Followed up with a glass of what a real bottom-shelfer should taste like: Heaven Hill White Label BiB, 6 y/o. Man, the only thing better than that in the same price range is VOB BiB.

TROOF

I'm with you on that, Josh. The HH BIB and VOB BIB are very, very, good whiskies. Considering their price points, they're nothing less than astounding.

:toast:

Sippin' on a little HH White Label meself.

Relaxing with a pour of PHC cognac after taking the day off from work to pick up our new show horse and transfer him to the barn.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!