What Bourbon Are You Drinking? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Making it a early evening tonight for bed, been a long couple of days, and tomorrow is no exception.

Some FRSB OBSK hitting the spot with a bit of water. Pretty good store selection.

Earlier in the evening meet up with B.A.O for a tradeoff, and he was gracious enough to share some Bushmills 16yr with me, along with a sample of some Surly Abrasive. Kind of funny to meet someone who lived in the same town as you in a small circle as this is. Even funnier is that his mom used to be my babysitter. The world gets smaller everyday.

Thanks for the hospitality Bart! Enjoy.

B

My pleasure. I can not wait to enjoy this PHC 4th. In the meantime, I'll "just" have a little Weller 12 and SB Blend. Great stuff.

Drank some great beers with some great guys and managed to squeeze in a few whiskies as well. We had:

Weller Centennial - Julio's 13 year single barrel

Old Fitz BIB - 1962-1968

Rathskeller Rye

Four Roses - 17 Year Gift Shop

Having folks over, the lineup for tonight's gathering. I'm planning on Elmer, and Beam Black, Old Rip, and some of my blend (OFBIB and Weller 12). But who knows cause everyone is suppose to bring a bottle.

brought up my only bunkered GTS (slightly lower proof) as I sold one off to a friend a couple of years ago since he loves the stuff.

also found this Hirsch 16--anyone have any comments on this?

IMG_20130331_114721_086_zps318c5a4a.jpg

IMG_20130331_113259_355_zpsf5d07d67.jpg

The Hirsch is nice enough, we drank a fair amount before it became a cult whisky. Another post today indicated it was selling for $500-$1000 so if I had one now I would sell it and buy a bunch of Four Roses Limited Editions, Parkers and any others of that ilk I could find.

I do a 1 to 1 ratio weller 12 and OFBIB it helps me from feeling bad the next day when I see I depleated more out of me 1.75 of the weller than I wanted to. Sorta a after I have been having a few, switch to that combo. Last night the real highlights were the Old Forester Bonded, the cosco bourbon (jim beam 7 year at 103, tasting close to bakers with a lil water) , a willet 5 year rye was mind blowingly awesome, and of course the vintage 17. Almost included a jps 18 in the tasting but my roomate scooped it up (I bought it with his money for him to give to a friend who is a bourbon enthusiast). After the Vintage 17 the JPS18 just seemed like the natural next taste haha.

OFBB'12 while watching Louisville-vs-Duke. This is a much better game compared to UM-vs-UF.

That was the most gruesome basketball injury I've ever seen. And just raw too, with the players emotions. Damn.

Just settling in with some '12 FRSmB LE after a long a fun filled day of family based Easter activities.

Having some scotch on the rocks.

You can't drink bourbon ALL the time, you know. :slappin:

Went under the knife last Monday, so I figure I'm well enough now for a drink or two. I'm going to start with the chewy goodness of the 2009 GTS.

post-5040-1448981880685_thumb.jpg

PHC 6, JPS 18, and OGD 114. back home and winding down after a hectic easter with the family.

Last pour of Blanton's, a good bottle and I have a back-up. This and WT101 are the only bottles I've had that tasted the same from stem to stern.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!