What Beer Are You Drinking? Summer '13

savagehenry
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Helluva flight (+1) of Belgians finishing w Cuvée de Jacobins Rouge, hands down the best sour I've ever had.

Had a disappointing experience yesterday. The new Bridge Brew Works Scots Ale finally showed up in stores, an American red ale aged in Smooth Ambler bourbon barrels, so extremely West Virginian all around. The flavor was decent enough, but I couldn't really discern much because of how ridiculously over carbonated the bottle was. Like drinking soda.

Going along the same lines with a Monday Night Brewing Drafty Kilt Scotch Ale.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Had a Wee Heavy from a new local brewery and now back home hitting on a Robert the Bruce. Our local boys more than held their own on this one.

Going to crack open a Blaugies/hill farmstead colaberation: La Vermontoise tonight. A traditional saison.

Had an Evil Twin Molotov cocktail last night. A triple/imperial iPa. On the syrupy side but tasty. And a bargain compared to devil dancer.

Today it's Oskar Blues G'Knight Imperial Red IPA and Sixpoint Resin IPA. Something to do while watching ribs and brisket on the smoker.

Deschutes Class of 88 while trimming and snacking on some pork loin roast fresh of the grill,the smoke of the porter and saltiness of the pork really paired nicely.

Had a Sugar Creek Pale Ale at Rock Bottom in d-town Indy last night before the 10th anniversary dinner with the wife. Very well balanced in color, thickness, and bitterness. Rock Bottom may not be a beer-lovers brew pub, but I seem to like most of their selections.

Watching the Open with a New Belgium Frambozen Nut Brown Ale. A nice beer for casual drinking.

It was a WV craft weekend. We went through around 14 growlers from 3 different Morgantown, WV breweries - Mountain State, Morgantown Brewing, and Chestnut Brewing. Too many to list (or remember) but some standouts were the Your Best Hoption from Chestnut, and the Amber Ale and Summerfest from Morgantown.

Pretty good drinking for a family reunion.

Drinking a Squatters Hop Rising, bottled four days ago. There's nothing like a freshly bottled DIPA.

Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro. These nitro bottles are fun to pour and the beer's delicious. One of my favorites.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!