What Beer Are You Drinking? Summer '13

savagehenry
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro. These nitro bottles are fun to pour and the beer's delicious. One of my favorites.
It is great stuff,but isn't it like 100 degrees there? You must be as bad as me I drink Porters and Stouts year round,no hill for a climber,right!:grin:

It is great stuff,but isn't it like 100 degrees there? You must be as bad as me I drink Porters and Stouts year round,no hill for a climber,right!:grin:

It was only 95 today. These cold days call for dark beers.

It was only 95 today. These cold days call for dark beers.

The wonders of modern technology allow you to set the indoor temp to what ever you like to provide maximum enjoyment for what ever style you prefer!

Yes even at 10am, I'm on va-ca-shun, Arcadia Whitsun Ale.

This is a not to sweet wheater with coriander and orange peel.

Oskar Blues Gubna Imperial IPA… not the best DIPA I've had, but pretty good.

Hof ten Dormaal barrel aged series. 2013 dark ale aged in Sauternes barrels.

I wish a widely distributed American brewery would try this. Same beer aged in different type of casks. A barleywine or imperial stout would be obvious choices. Scotch ales take to wood well too.

Hof ten Dormaal barrel aged series. 2013 dark ale aged in Sauternes barrels.

I wish a widely distributed American brewery would try this. Same beer aged in different type of casks. A barleywine or imperial stout would be obvious choices. Scotch ales take to wood well too.

What did you think of it? I have five of them (2013 Sherry, Port, Sauternes and No. 10 Madeira/No. 12 Armagnac that are also Dark Ales but don't say 2013 for some reason) but haven't tried them yet.

Spendy little suckers though!

What did you think of it? I have five of them (2013 Sherry, Port, Sauternes and No. 10 Madeira/No. 12 Armagnac that are also Dark Ales but don't say 2013 for some reason) but haven't tried them yet.

Spendy little suckers though!

I am drinking my last Westbrook IPA while grilling some hot dogs for the kids.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Sweetwater LowRYEder IPA. Not bad. Used to drink Sweetwater all the time 10 years ago when I lived in the ATL, but it's just made its way to the Lexington market.

And now a Crooked Stave Hopsavant. Wow. This is one of the weirder ales I've ever had. Funky fresh. Literally. Musty nose of some serious aged cheese and mushrooms, and then loads of tart citrus on the palate. Delicious stuff.

I have only tried a few. The cognac dark is very good. The Sauternes has just a faint barrel influence. I tried the ardbeg at a bar and it was not very good. I haven't had a peated scotch barrel beer that I enjoyed yet.

We have 11 of them now. 5 blonde ales and 6 dark. I am curious about the grappa. Might be the next purchase.

ty4asy5a.jpg

Don't have access to the lighter colored boxes on the left. Only the six darker boxes. The only one I did not get was the Grappa so curious what you think.

Is the Cognac barrel among the lighter boxes? I did not see it among the darker blue boxes I have access to, just Armagnac.

I recall most of the options from the first series were blond ales not dark ales.

The ones on left are blond. Cognac aged is available in both blond and dark.

I have not had any of the blond versions.

Drinking a woot stout from stone now. Solid brew.

Leaning back on the deck enjoying the cool weather with a Backwoods Bastard and now a Bourbon County Stout both just magical this evening!

The ones on left are blond. Cognac aged is available in both blond and dark.

I have not had any of the blond versions.

Drinking a woot stout from stone now. Solid brew.

You guys are killing me with the Star Trek beer.

I'm having some drinks at Epic Brewing tonight. Big Bad Baptist bourbon barrel aged imperial stout, Hopulent DIPA, Imperial IPA. These guys make some great beers.

Leaning back on the deck enjoying the cool weather with a Backwoods Bastard and now a Bourbon County Stout both just magical this evening!

Backwoods bastard is outstanding. Date I say better than KBS.

Backwoods bastard is outstanding. Dare I say better than KBS.
Damn,it's close it would be 50/50 on any given night for me any day of the week but I would lean towards the BWB as well.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!