What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2013

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Part of me doesn't wanna post this, but, oh well. Today I scored 2 Lot B for $49.99each, 2 15yr for $69.99, and 2 20yr for $119. The retailer is a great guy and doesn't change his margin for any price point. I was really glad, and lucky, to get these, as I'm not sure how much longer honest Bourbon drinkers will be able to get, and afford, old wheaters. It's like 1st growth Bordeaux. Pretty soon they'll all go straight to millionaires' cellars.

Don't apologize for that! Great scores!

The #bingsteins are for everyone else to enjoy. And thanks for the congrats... who knew how much folks loved PVW20?

I've got to find some of the people you trade with...

Apparently the PVW's hit the Puget Sound area on Monday. Unfortunately I wasn't able to score a 23, 20 or 15 but my local store had these available...

i-79mdw7N-L.jpg

Nice, I'm curious where you got it in the Pudget Sound area? I've been trying to find a bottle of the new 10 year, but everyone here thinks it's Pappy and it evaporates just as quickly.

Nice, I'm curious where you got it in the Pudget Sound area? I've been trying to find a bottle of the new 10 year, but everyone here thinks it's Pappy and it evaporates just as quickly.

Came and went @ the big box national chain.

FWIW, I didn't get any either - no VWFRR

Edited by ChainWhip

I picked up an OBSQ from a store in my new neighborhood that I'd never been to. I saw the display while walking out and asked the proprietor about it. He reached down, pulled out a bottle and gave me a pour into a wine glass. It's a very good pick, nice and full with the great medicinal astringency balanced with full flavored caramel candy that I love about that recipe. A little hot at 120°+, but hopefully a splash of water will take care of that without diluting the profile.

Gotta support local 1B picks if they're good. This is a small store, too, and the price was right on par with Binny's.

Some Wild Turkey. Will be the only WT bottle in the house. Haven't had any in quite a few months now.

Grabbed a couple 2012 AE Cask Strengths...

Didn't know 2012 CS was still available in the wild! Nice pick up. I would certainly get another if I saw it but still hoping to find a 2013 somehow.

I picked up an OBSQ from a store in my new neighborhood that I'd never been to. I saw the display while walking out and asked the proprietor about it. He reached down, pulled out a bottle and gave me a pour into a wine glass. It's a very good pick, nice and full with the great medicinal astringency balanced with full flavored caramel candy that I love about that recipe. A little hot at 120°+, but hopefully a splash of water will take care of that without diluting the profile.

Gotta support local 1B picks if they're good. This is a small store, too, and the price was right on par with Binny's.

Sounds nice! My local store is expecting a BP OBSO next week. I have tried the sample and thought it was excellent so I plan to grab a few if I can.

Didn't know 2012 CS was still available in the wild! Nice pick up. I would certainly get another if I saw it but still hoping to find a 2013 somehow.

Oops, my mistake... they're the 2013 release. Not sure how that one slipped by me.

There are mixed opinions on that one, but I really like it. For me the 10yr. wheater component really shows well. Good find!

Picked up 3 bottles of the regular FRSmB since they were on sale. It's one of the few bourbons my wife drinks and she just finished the one we had. Also plan to give one to my mom for Christmas since she had multiple pours at Thanksgiving and really liked it.

Sounds nice! My local store is expecting a BP OBSO next week. I have tried the sample and thought it was excellent so I plan to grab a few if I can.

OBSO is my favorite recipe so far. Trying an OESO next week

FRYL 1.75 on sale for $29.99 plus a $10 mail-in rebate

is that national?

Id pick one up for party booze at that deal

I may have to post this in the Dustys.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17014[/ATTACH]

Assuming you got those at retail ~$45 for 15 yr. bourbon is a good score these days. Let us know how it is (Noah's Mill.)

Traveling in the Atlanta (Duluth/Johns Creek area). Went to a few stores but nothing too exciting. Was able to pick up a few that I can't find local to me. Picked up some Balcones true blue, baby blue, holland beer barrel finished, and a bottle of store selected dickel 9 yr. i'm excited to try these when I get back.

Van Winkle Special Reserve "Lot B" for $54. Second wave of Van Winkle bourbons hit the county on Thursday. First wave was a few weeks ago, distributed to independent/boutique liquor shops. Today was the distribution to the major accounts.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!