What bourbon are you drinking? - Winter '13/'14

bingstein
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Starting with some 2012 FRSmBLE. Not sure what's on deck, but this pour is drinking mighty fine tonight. Cheers everyone!

started the evening with a group of 7 samples I just received, moved to WT 8 yr and then went to a party where they had Bulleit, actually not bad!!

I haven't seen HHSS before. I am assuming this is Heaven Hill Select Stock. Is this a private bottling or something from the gift shop? It seems to be discussed more recently.

Started with Stagg Jr. since it had been a while. Overall, I'm a fan. With a little bit of water, it really opens up in my opinion. Finished with PVW 15, ER 17, and GTS '13. I would say it was good way to start off the new year!

A good variety tonight. My son back from college for a couple of days and I introduced him to sipping whiskey as opposed to shots with chasers.

Started with small pours of a highland scotch and then an Islay, followed by some SB blend and Eagle Rare to get a wheater and a rye. After that I made us a nice pour of Wild Turkey American Spirit, which was probably produced from grain grown the year he was born, pretty cool, and a very nice whiskey. A little rare breed and Kentucky spirit closed out the night.

Was planning on opening up something new to celebrate the new year but I started with the rest of my home-made egg nog and then had a large pour of WT 101.

After that, it was 'whatever is open', so Makers Mark, Makers 46 and I'm getting ready to pour EC12 before I hit the sack.

Happy New Year, all!!!

getting into the bottle of Booker's my MIL gave me for X-mas. Still in my top 3 of bourbons. If only the aftertaste were as good as the taste when you first take a sip, it'd be #1. Love that sweet, full-bodied mouthfeel!

It just amazes me that this is basically barrel proof, unfiltered Jim Beam at 7 years.

then had some KCSB. there is strong family resemblance here, but each is better at something than the other. I prefer the initial 'hot' of the Booker's; it hits the instant it hits your mouth - you get sweet and hot right away. With the KCSB, it is smoother at first then the heat comes on in a few seconds.....the overall taste profile is a draw, they are quite close........for a finish, the KCSB lasts longer, whereas the Booker's fades sooner, its only drawback.

since they are both single barrels though, it may differ from one bottle to the next. I may just do a 50/50 mix and see if I can get the entry of Bookers with the finish of KCSB.

Although I hope it doesn't affect your enjoyment of a great pour, I feel obligated to point out that Booker's is not a single barrel.

Late, late at night/early, early in the morning, I'm sipping my first pour of the new year, Wild Turkey Tribute.

ARvMsvol.jpg

Just amazing bourbon. Some of the best I have had. Hopefully I'll get my hands on some Tradition and American Spirit sometime, but even more, hopefully Campari wises up and realizes that Jimmy and Eddie can produce one of the best whiskeys in the world.

Happy 2014, StraightBourbon! Glad to know all of you.

Rang in the New Year with something special, Old Grand Dad BIB.

Squire, you are nothing if not reliable.

Tonight, I was admittedly letting guests go nuts on my Van Winkles while I had ND OGD. I like my friends, so it was a pleasure to watch.

And as they do occasionally drink whiskey neat, they got a lesson on mashbills and it seemed to take. So why not.

I poured the last (boo-hoo) of my Abraham Bowman Pioneer Spirit from 2011.

Not inexpensive; but a truly exquisite Bourbon. Thought of Truman as I finished it off and almost shed a tear. :cry:

HAPPY NEW YEAR to All!

Took a 2005 Lot B to the neighbors for the festivities and I enjoyed more than my share.

Took a 2005 Lot B to the neighbors for the festivities and I enjoyed more than my share.

Let me guess, you had three shots.:grin:

Early this morning a little PVW 20. I love days when I have to where to go and no potentially dangerous things to do.

Greeted the new year past midnight last night with a couple pours of Stagg Jr. Nice to sip on after a couple of dry weeks.

Happy New Year everyone!!!

FRSB, been having to much of the FRSmB 2013 and wanted to go back to the regular great SB

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Starting off today with some FRSB OBSK private selection by the Liquor Barn.

Happy Freaking New Year! What a nice pour to start the year off right. :-)

Happy Freaking New Year! What a nice pour to start the year off right. :-)

Happy New Year to you as well!! Just checked my glass and it appears to be empty, guess I should go get some more OBSK, cheers!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!