What Bourbon did you purchase today? Winter '13-'14

bigtoys
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

In FLA over Christmas and not in familiar surroundings, so had to make do w what was available to share w the family. In no order SA OS 7, Bulliett Rye, Makers and Stagg,Jr. All but the Makers were new to me. Enjoyed them all even the Jr which has suffered a bit with the critics.

2 x OFBB 2013

AAA 10 Star 1 Liter (They must be clearing these out because it was cheaper than the 750 ml of Ancient Age)

Willet Rye

Smooth Ambler Old Scout 6 Year

Only one I've tried before is the AAA so I'm excited to crack these open.

Got me 5x VOB BIB 6 yrs 750. That takes me to a case of them in the bunker (replacing the 2 I drank last week(end)). Also have a 1.75 and I think I'm now done bunkering the stuff.

Thought I was just going to pick up a couple for the bunker and maybe one new one. But, my "advisor" at the bottle shop recommended these so I obliged: Willet, Col EH Taylor SB, John Bowman SB, and Black Maple Hill. Looking forward to having a couple of pours to ring in the New Year tonight.

Travelled 20 miles south to a store I had not visited before and it ended up being a real good day.

2 x 1.75 VOB 90 6 yr

EWSB2002

Hirsch Smb (first bottle)

OGDBIB (first bottle)

2 x 750 Weller 12

2 x 750 WTR101 (he had for a long time so when the new is available here I will actually get to do comparison)

Was in MO over the holiday and found a WL Weller 12 or $24 and an ETL for $31.

The Weller we drained while there, but the ETL came back with me. I remember it as a very nice pour. The Weller 12 was deelish.

Here are a few Four Roses bottles I acquired recently:

YBRKGHOl.jpg

2009 Mariage and gift shop selections of OESO and OBSQ (only 103 proof!)

I've whined a bit recently about Utah dropping the ball on limited stuff this year, but be that as it may, between these bottles and the HHSS that will be arriving soon, I'm very happy with my haul this year. Thanks to the awesome SBers who made that happen.

Edited by HighInTheMtns

That's a great haul Jim. I was lucky enough to grab some LE stuff this year, but I would be just as happy with that list of bottles. Enjoy.

That's a great haul Jim. I was lucky enough to grab some LE stuff this year, but I would be just as happy with that list of bottles. Enjoy.

Taking a flyer on a local store pick of KCSB 120pf done in conjunction with a local bar that we had originally hoped to go to here in Hawaii called Manifest.

And an ECBP 137pf (third batch?) of all things from the same store. Hadn't expected to find that!

the 137 was, i believe, the 2nd release. I did not like it at all, others loved it. Seems the 2nd batch divided EC fans unlike the 1st and 3rd batches have. Id give the 3rd a try, but I wouldnt buy a 2nd again.

I tried to get one of the EW eggnogs today, since family is coming over tomorrow and dad and my brother like eggnog, I wanted to have it for them. It was nowhere to be found, except one store that had a lot of it, but also had a line around the store and back out the door for checkout. I left.

If they want booze in their eggnog, they will have to put it in themselves. It'll probably be better that way anyway. there's a dozen bourbons and whiskeys here and rum too.

FRSB BS private selection at local store. OBSQ, 12 yrs. 6 mos., 109 proof.

This is my first post on SB...I've learned a ton from many of you. So, thanks and Happy New Year.

I was in a nondescript store in southern Georgia yesterday and picked up a OC 10yr family sized $14.99 and a Weller 12 for 20.99, too bad that they only 1 bottle of each.

FRSB BS private selection at local store. OBSQ, 12 yrs. 6 mos., 109 proof.

This is my first post on SB...I've learned a ton from many of you. So, thanks and Happy New Year.

That is a great bourbon recipe and wonderful score. Welcome and enjoy!

Got a WT Tradition before 8 am, which is a personal record. I had a lot of indigestion about buying it but I've been eyeing one up for quite some time now.

Got a WT Tradition before 8 am, which is a personal record. I had a lot of indigestion about buying it but I've been eyeing one up for quite some time now.

I did the same thing for months and finally broke down and took it home. Opened it up yesterday and must say it is very good. Hope you enjoy yours as much.

Now you just need to do a side by side with the American Spirit. I picked up the American Spirit the other day and plan to crack it open once I get over a cold to see if it I need to grab a few extras. 15 Year Bourbons are getting near impossible to find on the shelf and especially under $75.

Now you just need to do a side by side with the American Spirit. I picked up the American Spirit the other day and plan to crack it open once I get over a cold to see if it I need to grab a few extras. 15 Year Bourbons are getting near impossible to find on the shelf and especially under $75.

Just opened an AS on NYE. It's great. If you don't want to buy another I know someone ego might want it lol

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!