What bourbon did you pass up today? Winter '13/'14

tylermke
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Not really passed up but while looking for FRLE SMB today on craigslist (I know, why do I even bother) I saw a guy selling a bunch of bourbons for these prices, obviously a easy pass :D. The thing that gets me upset is alot of that stuff is readily available and sitting on shelves.

Hirsch 25 year (rye) - $425

Hirsch 20 year - $250

Parker's Heritage 7th edition(Promise of Hope) - $200

Parker's Heritage 6th edition - $275

Stagg Jr - $125

Thomas Handy (2013) - $225

Four Roses 125th Anniversary - $225

Angel's Envy Cask Strength (2013) - $375

Black Maple Hill (red label) - $120

Lock, Stock, and Barrel (rye) - $200

Old Forester Bday Collection (2011) - $125

Old Forester Single Barrel 90 proof - $100

Abraham Bowman Last Millennium Limited Edition - $200

Willet Single Barrel 9 year - $160

Willet Single Barrel 11 year - $180

Elijah Craig 23 year - $600

Elijah Craig 22 year - $550

Elijah Craig 21 year - $300

Elijah Craig 18 year - $300

Elijah Craig Barrel Proof (very hard to find) - $350

Jefferson Presidential Select 21 year - $250

Jefferson Chef's Selection (limited release) - $125

Jefferson Chef's Selection (limited release) signed by Edward Lee - $250

Colonel EH Taylor Rye - $150

Colonel EH Taylor Barrel Proof - $160

Jack Daniel's Sinatra Select - $380

Oh, yeah...I forgot that I was also offered a Mitcher's Celebration for the low, low price of $5000. It was hard, but I passed. I might go back later and get it though. Plus, I opened and am drinking every VW I got this year and I'll have nothing to stare at on my shelf pretty soon.

Oh, yeah...I forgot that I was also offered a Mitcher's Celebration for the low, low price of $5000. It was hard, but I passed. I might go back later and get it though. Plus, I opened and am drinking every VW I got this year and I'll have nothing to stare at on my shelf pretty soon.

$5000 might just get you two barrels of HH 6. Install a tap in the barrel, and invite everyone over. Or, buy the 750ml for $5000 and be a schmutz

More Lock Stock rye or whatever the hell it is called. Big ol swing and a miss on this one from what I can tell. Maybe customers are wising up?

Passed up on some WR Master's Malt at $98, easy pass there. Also passed on some CEHT 1B and SB at $42 an $62, this tougher because I really like the barrel proof.

Good news is that I found a new store that has a selection with a lot stuff my normal stores do not have. I will be back for you CEHT just you wait!

Passed up several '97 EWSB. It's one of my favorite years but I already have a couple.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Passed on CEHT Small Batch and Single Barrel, as well as Big Bottom Port and Zin barrel finished.

Would really like to try the Big Bottom, but not at the prices they were asking.

Passed on some Black Maple Hill ("it's allocated now," oh well in that case I guess I still don't need mystery whiskey at my house, the shop men keep saying that like I should be impressed) and some Stagg Jr. Prices were reasonable, Stagg Jr. was tempting, but I'm saving my coin this month. The fall was rough on the budget and I want to pick up a new receiver soon.

Passed on some Black Maple Hill ("it's allocated now," oh well in that case I guess I still don't need mystery whiskey at my house, the shop men keep saying that like I should be impressed) and some Stagg Jr. Prices were reasonable, Stagg Jr. was tempting, but I'm saving my coin this month. The fall was rough on the budget and I want to pick up a new receiver soon.

We used to get 1 or 2 cases each time it was released in KY. The most recent release, my distributor offered me 1 bottle. No thanks.

We used to get 1 or 2 cases each time it was released in KY. The most recent release, my distributor offered me 1 bottle. No thanks.

Passed on the Parkers Heritage Promise of Hope. They had a few so if it is still there next time I go I might pull the trigger.

I was looking for some WTAS for another member and passed on:

WTAS @ $99 and $89 (I know that I saw it somewhere for $79 dammit!)

AECS 2013 for ~$150

Stagg Jr. @ $65

JPS 17 (still batch 3 around here) @ $169 I purchased some at the same store six months ago for $85-$89

If I don't find the WTAS for $79 Monday I'll have to bite the bullet and overpay $10.

PVW 20 for $800.

Reasonably Priced (relative to MSRP) Bourbons I passed on:

EC21 for $150

JPS25 for $199

JPS21 for $120

Stagg Jr for $50, $60, and $70

Lot 40 Rye for around $60 I think

Edited by garbanzobean

Pappy 15 for $1000

Stagg Jr. for $150 and $100

And not today but a month ago:

BTAC, various, for $600 each.

These are from two "well regarded" NY area stores that a prominent whiskey magazine and several blogs recommend.

Edited by danz

Pappy 15 for $1000

Stagg Jr. for $150 and $100

And not today but a month ago:

BTAC, various, for $600 each.

These are from two "well regarded" NY area stores that a prominent whiskey magazine and several blogs recommend.

Bowman Port finish @ $75. Budget for the week gone, or i would have pulled the trigger.

Passed up on private bottling of eagle rare, dickel and four roses. Also passed on a couple bottles of Thomas Handy. I was planning to get 2 or 3 but wanted to try 1 bottle tonight to see if I liked it first. I've bought bottles because they were "rare" and "highly coveted" but turned out not to like them.

Passed up on private bottling of eagle rare, dickel and four roses. Also passed on a couple bottles of Thomas Handy. I was planning to get 2 or 3 but wanted to try 1 bottle tonight to see if I liked it first. I've bought bottles because they were "rare" and "highly coveted" but turned out not to like them.

Store bottlings of FR. Don't know which recipe/s I prefer and $50+/bottle to figure it out is too much right now.

Some 8 year age stated 1792. I've never been a huge fan, but just in case it'd be great to have the age stated version around to compare to the new stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A.H. Hirsch humidor set for $1,400 or $1,500. Another really hard pass...

Edited by smknjoe

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!