What beer are you drinking, Spring 14?

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Some PsycHopathy from Madtree in Cincy, and my next to last Hopslam. ;(

Having a 2012 BCBS to celebrate the end of cold weather (I hope).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dy4y9u6u.jpg

I wondered whether this one was fresh but is really really tasty.

Been on a GI Matilda kick lately-Feb 2014 bottling. One of my favorte, goes with just about anything, dinner beers.

As a beer newbie, I'm not sure what to be drinking as the weather gets warmer. I know I like (D)IPAs but the one little bit of info I know about them is that they're best fresh. I don't know if that rules out Chillwave (still found fairly easily) or not. Any recommendations?

Go for the Chillwave. Still a good month or so left on those "freshness" wise. Plus there wont be any more until next year. And I think there should be a laser code date on that Dreadnaught somewhere.

Always drink Dreadnaught.

Agreed. Dreadnaught is a great IIPA. I'm into the hops tonight as well with some Revolution Anti-Hero and Stone Go To IPA.

A happy Good Friday to all.

Today is a very good Friday because we get the day off.

And I am sipping The Illinois, an Imperial India Pale Ale by Goose Island.

Juicy-Lucy grape-fruity hoppy goody-ness, at 9% ABV and 95 IBU's, what's not to like?

rsz_goose_003_zps73df7610.jpg

Absolutely loved the Boulevard Rye-on-Rye on tap that I had at the local wing joint this afternoon.

Mirror Mirror Barleywine. So good. The wine influence really cuts through all the caramel richness, and just the right amount of hops bite, bitterness on the finish. Really nice.

Enjoying an Oskar Blues 10.50. I have been looking for this one for a few years and my insurance agent mailed me a 4 pack that arrived today. Guess I will be keeping him for a while.

Since it's still Lent, I'm having a Bell's Consecrator Doppelbock. I like this a lot better after it warms up a bit.

Finally got around to having some Chillwave. Really delicious. Gonna grab another 4 pack tomorrow.

Enjoying my first bottle of Belching Beaver Peanut Butter Milk Stout. Rather tasty suds.

Fired up the old grill yet again while enjoying a Curmudgeon and KBS just to kill a little time while pacing the deck as the coals warm up.:grin:

Last night I had a Cantillon Fou foune. One of the best sours I have ever tasted. Apricots complement the tart to perfection.

Then I opened a bottle of founders bolt cutter. Not as sweet after 18 months but still a boozy mess. Those Canadian maple bourbon barrels don't make everything better.

2013 Revolution Very Mad Cow Milk Stout. Creamy, and loaded with milk chocolate and bourbon notes. Love.

egyme9et.jpg

My wife and I went to Easter dinner at my brother and sister in laws today. They invited their neighbors from Thailand over to share in the feast. Their neighbors brought some beer from Thailand over to share. After dinner the men folk relaxed with a bottle of Chang Beer. Not something I would drink on a regular basis, but not too bad at all.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!