What beer are you drinking, Spring 14?

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Last night I went to a buddy's house for a cook-out/bourbon tasting. I got there a little early and was able to share a Big Bad Baptist beer that a very generous SBer sent to me. I'm not much of a beer drinker, but that was the best beer I've ever had! The coffee was very evident on the nose and first taste, then came some chocolate notes and a long finish. Just great, IMO. Thanks to Josh for hosting the event and a very big THANKS to Jim for sending the beer.

The Baptist is good, good stuff. Thanks to Jim and Dan both for getting me another taste. I'm getting this one in just under the wire. yzyqu8u7.jpg

Enjoying my first bottle of Belching Beaver Peanut Butter Milk Stout. Rather tasty suds.

I like that stuff! Not quite as much as Mother Earth's SinTax but the BB Peanut Butter is more of a guilty pleasure when I want the peanut butter flavor.

Cigar City Hopped on the High Seas, dry-hopped w Kohatu. Grateful to try more CG stuff, but this is a pretty uninspiring IPA.

Avery IPA while at dinner with the family...not a great IPA but certainly not terrible either...3.5 out of 5 stars! :)

Prairie Bible Belt. I don't even know how to describe how much I love this beer.

I finished the night with one, too. Might have to grab 2 more tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last night I went to a buddy's house for a cook-out/bourbon tasting. I got there a little early and was able to share a Big Bad Baptist beer that a very generous SBer sent to me. I'm not much of a beer drinker, but that was the best beer I've ever had! The coffee was very evident on the nose and first taste, then came some chocolate notes and a long finish. Just great, IMO. Thanks to Josh for hosting the event and a very big THANKS to Jim for sending the beer.

Glad you enjoyed it! But I can say that the beers making the trip to Sampler will give it a run for its money, at least.

Met Bing for lots of great Avery barrel aged beers that I can't pronounce. There was a sour aged in tequila barrels w prickly pear juice added that was a standout for me. Great night.

Met Bing for lots of great Avery barrel aged beers that I can't pronounce. There was a sour aged in tequila barrels w prickly pear juice added that was a standout for me. Great night.

No doubt. Looking forward to sampling some more stuff w ya this weekend, Bud.

3F Blakkr, not for me. Ten Fidy, he'll yes. Goose Island, the I Illinois, yes. Thank you SB for the info.

Love is love, and we got more than enough for ya Josh. Sister Samplers are we.

Picked up a sixer of Great Lakes Rye Of The Tiger IPA today which I'm looking forward to sampling this evening. I love pretty much everything Great Lakes puts out, so this one should be a nice one to try.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!