What beer are you drinking, Spring 14?

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Lazing about listening to the Braves on the radio and thinking about the things I could/should be doing. Ice cold Anchor IPA is probably reinforcing the idea that I should keep my butt right where it is...

Lazing about listening to the Braves on the radio and thinking about the things I could/should be doing. Ice cold Anchor IPA is probably reinforcing the idea that I should keep my butt right where it is...

It's the day of rest. Don't let that nagging feeling change the(correct) feeling your butt is currently experiencing:grin:

Oh, and Arctic Panzer Wolf. Hoptastic!

It's the day of rest. Don't let that nagging feeling change the(correct) feeling your butt is currently experiencing:grin:

Oh, and Arctic Panzer Wolf. Hoptastic!

OK, ya sold me, OD. My butt ain't movin', except to the beer fridge.

:toast:

Destihl Hoperation Overload really nice grungy DIPA with a powerful hopped backbone with just the right amount of bitterness.

Bit of everything but settling into an Ommegang Fire and Blood Red Ale. Not bad. You can def taste the ancho chilies. Certainly better than their first GoT effort. Still haven't tried the Take The Black Stout, but there's another episode next week.

I had a Founder's Old Curmudgeon Ale last night. It tasted harsher than I remembered so I had another and got the same thing. The last four pack I had of Old Curmudgeon had sat on a store shelf for a year when I purchased it. The oak, molasses and plum had come together really well on those four bottles.

I'm not going to touch the two other bottles for at least a year. I just couldn't enjoy them like I did that last four pack.

Founder's Centennial IPA. Noticed it's a couple months old but still tastes pretty good to me. Not sure what the shelf life is on this stuff...

Another Anchor IPA at the end of a grinding day. A bit of dried banana chip thing mid-palate, that gives an ever-so-light touch of sweetness. I didn't pick that up before.

April went and got all winter on me, so having a Sierra Nevada Narwhal. Just a couple months back, and the green, vegetal bitterness that had been present is all gone. Very creamy and drinking aight now.

April went and got all winter on me, so having a Sierra Nevada Narwhal. Just a couple months back, and the green, vegetal bitterness that had been present is all gone. Very creamy and drinking aight now.
This is a rather accurate synopsis when I first grabbed these this year I thought to myself WTF now I have to agree a very nice beer indeed.I myself am 3 deep into the Curmudgeons this evening and I'm glad I bought plenty to make my way through several otherwise boring days of painting my living room,hall and kitchen.

Boulevard rye on rye.

Malty, sweet, whiskey on the nose, rye is prevalent but not overpowering.

Cool. Got one of those ill have to get to sooner or later.

Followed up my Narwhal w a sip of Kentucky Ale Bourbon Barrel Stout. God awful stuff. Worse than I remember. Lord these guys suck.

Followed up my Narwhal w a sip of Kentucky Ale Bourbon Barrel Stout. God awful stuff. Worse than I remember. Lord these guys suck.

So......if I bring down the 4 pack I have to the Sampler, just to try and give it away....you're not the guy to ask, eh?

Wife and I went out for dinner tonight and I had an Ethos IPA. Not bad, but a little bland for an IPA

LOL not your guy. Hey, sure someone will love it. People tend to like the Bourbon Barrel Ale and I can't stand it either. Bring it!

Had my first DFH 120 last night and didn't really think it was too good. The booziness was unexpected (despite its high ABV) and kind of ruined it for me. I did, however, find 3 Dreadnaughts today so I will be enjoying one of those and a recently-acquired Justin Blabaer tonight.

DFH 120 is one beer that I suggest drinking close to room-temp. I know that sounds weird, but I pour it straight out of the fridge into a glass and let it warm up. The booziness subsides and the flavors really start to pop. Kind of like a port or rich red wine (in that you are supposed to drink them room temp.)

Edited by smknjoe
Clarification

The DFH 90 is my favorite in the lineup and honestly never even reach for the 120.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

The 90 is the one I drink most of out of that line as well. The 120 is a once or twice a year after dinner dessert split between 2 or 3 people. I used to like the 60 as an everyday IPA, but it's too bland for me now. My daily driver IPA is Racer 5. We don't get all of those cool 3F and ZombieDust releases here.

Dfh 120 is wretched IMO. Extreme for the sake of being extreme. A mess of hop extract, syrup and cheap booze.

I have tried it numerous times at varying temps too.

We rarely get any but our customers go nuts over it.

Enjoying some of the years Oberon. I was hoping to pick up a couple 5L's at TPS for next weekend, but they didn't have any..dang it man

A couple of Ryeclops Imperial Rye Ale by Arbor Brewing of Ypsilanti, Michigan.

Very good but it makes me want to search out one that I think is better.

And that would be Red's Rye PA by Founders of Grand Rapids, Michigan.

Over a year ago a retailer told my that Founders Red Rye PA was being discontinued.

I didn't understand this at all.

As it turns out it was on hiatis and re-positioned, instead of 6-paks it comes in 4-paks at a higher cost per bottle.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!