What bourbon did you purchase today? Spring 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Was out picking up a few limited beers for a friend and a couple of ECBP's dropped into my hands ........how is a guy to say no to that?:grin:

Hopefully, you didn't drop them. :lol:

Picked up one of two age stated 1792 RR on the shelf. This was one of the first "real" bourbons that I tried. I've gone away from it lately but it'll be nice to have once they're gone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was out picking up a few limited beers for a friend and a couple of ECBP's dropped into my hands ........how is a guy to say no to that?:grin:

That's what good karma will do for you.

[Q UOTE=OldKentucky;414282]Bottle of ETL commemorative and Stagg Jr. 81$ after tax

Maybe that was for both?

Hit up tons of stores in the Mesa, AZ area searching for dusties but places looked pretty well hunted. Did grab a Ten High KSBW though.

[Q UOTE=OldKentucky;414282]Bottle of ETL commemorative and Stagg Jr. 81$ after tax

Eek! Saw some Stagg Jr the other day but didn't even look at the price. Oh well.

Picked up Booker's 25th today. First time I saw it in Michigan. I haven't decided if I'm going to open it or keep it for a future trade. I might try to find a sample since reviews seem to be mixed.

Picked up Booker's 25th today...I haven't decided if I'm going to open it or keep it for a future trade.

Welcome to SB...I guess...:rolleyes:

Ambiguously passive-aggressive. Nice.

In that you so quickly get the meaning, I guess I am correct.

None at all, purchase with the intention of trade isn't quite what we're about here.

Edited by squire

None at all, purchase with the intention of trade isn't quite what we're about here.

Well, my apologies, but I live in a liquor control state and I've gotten a number of bottles I can't get by trading. I'd rather trade than go without, but I guess I'll keep that to myself.

It was a simple off hand comment that I want to do some research to determine if I think I'll enjoy enough over regular Booker's or give it to someone who will enjoy it.

I guess I am inclined to cut him a bit more slack. While I haven't ever bought a bottle with the intention to trade it I can't say a trade or three hasn't happened over the years. A circumstance that applies to more than a few people on the board I suspect. He is new to the ways of the board and the philosophy of our resident guru's and BOTY's and besides he didn't say he bought it specifically to trade. Now he is aware of the general philosophy of the board and can hopefully participate in the board accordingly. Could the same message have been shared in a PM?

Hmm, perhaps... :rolleyes:

A discreet trade conducted in private at a fair and relatively even exchange in the eyes of both participants doesn't seem particularly unreasonable for a bourbon enthusiast and I can certainly sympathize with the limitations imposed by the Byzantine regulations governing spirits in each state that make it difficult to acquire desired bottles. Certainly better than buying it specifically to flip at a profit which to me runs truly counter to the spirit of this board and deserves an appropriate heaping helping of scorn.

Edited to call a penalty on myself! Must be the Masters influence...

For the only time I can recall I did buy a bottle a couple of months ago knowing my sole intention was to trade with another for a bottle I had not been able to acquire on my own. I did buy two of them so I would still have one for myself!

Edited by tanstaafl2

Ya'll sure seem like prickly bunch. LOL. I thought I had the vibe of this place, but apparently I underestimated the hair trigger.

I like Booker's fine enough. My shop guy had the only bottle waiting for me in his office. So, I bought it. I already turned down Old Blowhard and EC21 this month, so kind of feel obligated to accept his kindness once in a while.

With the mixed reviews I just wanted to research some more before opening it up in case it could have a better home. I figured maybe I could pick up something I do enjoy like Taylor BP, which is not on the state list. That it, for anyone who cares.

Wouldn't say we have a hair trigger but tend to be a little cautious with new members or members with low post counts until we get to know them a little better.

Sometimes we all post something that does not literally mean what we type or what is actually on our mind.

FRSmB 125th in London for about $120 US. Quite a bit more than I was looking to pay but haven't seen any inside the USA outside of a good bar so I figured what the hell. The same store was also well supplied with every available Van Winkle bottling but I was being watched VERY CLOSELY by my significant other....

Picked up 2 EWSB '04 store selects and what will be my last PHC POH. As much as I enjoy the POH, I've been getting grief from the wife about the amount of money going to my bourbon hobby. I've blown through my allotment and had to dip into some of 'our' money. I guess that is where the line is crossed in our household. Its not good to have the wife angry with me.

And I'm still waiting for either ETL to hit the stores here this month. :hot:

Edited by horn1602

Picked up a Michter's 10 year. I know it gets a bad rap from some people, but always like to see for myself. Plus, the color looks really tasty.

FRSmB 125th in London for about $120 US. Quite a bit more than I was looking to pay but haven't seen any inside the USA outside of a good bar so I figured what the hell. The same store was also well supplied with every available Van Winkle bottling but I was being watched VERY CLOSELY by my significant other....

The bottle is 70cl?

Picked up the last two bottles of ETL that I was able to track down locally. Hopefully this year's batch will be hitting shelves soon around here, but figured why take any chances that the there may be a price increase fueled by local retail stores noticing the demand or there is a limited allotment and someone swoops in and buys them all up...which just happened to the 10 or so bottles I had been keeping an eye on at a few other spots.

Which store was this ? Did it begin with A Amadeus or something like it ?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.