What bourbon did you purchase today? Spring 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked up 2 ETL's for the bunker. Haven't seen them for a while here in Alabama. Heading to GA tomorrow hoping to find some SAOS.

I had a similar experience today. Was looking for the Barterhouse and was offered the Blowhard as well. Figured what the hell as the owner is a nice guy plus it helps keep me on the top of his list of people to call. Besides, it might help keep that small "craft distiller" called Diageo from going under...

They had just gotten the Nikka line in as well so I picked up the Yoichi 15 because it looked interesting and I didn't want to just be cherry picking. Ended up working in my favor as I was then offered a 4 pack of this odd looking beer fron Founder's!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18154[/ATTACH]

Ahh, KBS. Founder's doesn't distribute to my part of MD, so I'm stuck snapping up whatever's left when I visit family in KY.

After thinking about it, I shouldn't have even asked the question - this is what I'm going to do tomorrow when I go back into town. It won't likely net me much in the way of future releases as this is a very large store and the owner isn't very available like in your smaller shops, but nonetheless it is the appropriate way to go.

The resolution:

After work today I took the ticket along with all of the merchandise in the bag back to the store and asked to see the manager. He came up and I explained what had happened and showed him the ticket, the bag, what was in it, and told him that I'd like to pay for the Stagg Jr. His initial response was shock and he said, "I don't know why you didn't just keep it". I explained that I didn't feel right doing that and that the store should be paid for the product that leaves out its doors, etc. At that point he picked up the bag and handed it back to me and said, "Thanks. Come back and see us again". As a showing of appreciation I asked him to hold my bag at the counter for a moment and I walked to the bourbon aisle and grabbed a Blanton's. I don't think he understood why I didn't just walk out ahead (although I actually did), but he thanked me again and said he appreciated the business. Anyway, I feel better about it now.

So, in the spirit of the thread, I purchased a Blanton's to share with friends alongside the Stagg Jr. tomorrow night.

Well done horn. That stagg jr will taste just a little better knowing you did the right thing. I also like that you bought yet another higher end bottle. I think everyone won in this situation.

( Market Square crew knows their stuff?)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah they do. I really like their EC12 pick. Still have an ETL and a BT to open. Those tally boys know whats up

The resolution:

After work today I took the ticket along with all of the merchandise in the bag back to the store and asked to see the manager. He came up and I explained what had happened and showed him the ticket, the bag, what was in it, and told him that I'd like to pay for the Stagg Jr. His initial response was shock and he said, "I don't know why you didn't just keep it". I explained that I didn't feel right doing that and that the store should be paid for the product that leaves out its doors, etc. At that point he picked up the bag and handed it back to me and said, "Thanks. Come back and see us again". As a showing of appreciation I asked him to hold my bag at the counter for a moment and I walked to the bourbon aisle and grabbed a Blanton's. I don't think he understood why I didn't just walk out ahead (although I actually did), but he thanked me again and said he appreciated the business. Anyway, I feel better about it now.

So, in the spirit of the thread, I purchased a Blanton's to share with friends alongside the Stagg Jr. tomorrow night.

Good for you AND the manager! This manager is a keeper. He has good business sense and if I were in your situation, he would have earned my loyalty to the store.

EC12 tonight. I haven't had it in a while. Also, picked up another Booker's 25th for the bunker!

Well done horn. That stagg jr will taste just a little better knowing you did the right thing. I also like that you bought yet another higher end bottle. I think everyone won in this situation.

Win win win. By horn, by the store and by horn's buddies.

As a showing of appreciation I asked him to hold my bag at the counter for a moment and I walked to the bourbon aisle and grabbed a Blanton's. I don't think he understood why I didn't just walk out ahead (although I actually did), but he thanked me again and said he appreciated the business. Anyway, I feel better about it now.

At first, I thought you were telling us that you brazenly shoplifted a bottle of Blanton's as some sort of masochistic power play. On the contrary, congrats on being an honest person.

I had a similar moment last year when a store held a bottle of FRSmB2013 for me, the only one they got. When I took it up to the counter, the woman at the checkout couldn't scan it (I guess it wasn't in the inventory), so she looked it up by name and it rang for $28.99, which was the price for the regular small batch. It took me a minute to convince her that it wasn't the right price and she begrudgingly walked back to the liquor counter and returned a minute later very excited to tell me it was actually $89.99.

The resolution:

Win win win. By horn, by the store and by horn's buddies.

Awesome resolution to this situation. I commend horn and the store manager for paying it forward! I definitely agree there are many winners here, and this only bodes well for the future booze business relationship between horn and the store. And, of course, horn's drinking buddies get to reap the rewards as well. Honesty and integrity are always the right choices. I'll be raising a glass of Stagg Jr. tonight in honor of horn and the store manager.

Had kind of the opposite happen to me. When I picked up the Blowhard and Barterhouse yesterday along with a couple of other things I was talking to the owner and not paying any attention to the register. Turns out the guy ringing it up charged me for two Blowhards (the bottles look much the same and they came in a filmy plastic sleeve so if you didn't pull it out all the way it was easy to confuse. He rang one and thought the other was the same. 10 minutes later the owner called me to let me know about the error. Delighted they were willing to fix it for me and certainly increases my committment to the store.

Had it been the reverse and he had rung up two Barterhouse (and presuming I noticed) I would certainly have gone back to get it corrected. Like Horn I want to pay the fair price for what I buy and wouldn't want the cashier to get in trouble for an error.

Now, if the price is clearly marked and seems wrong to me and I ask to confirm and even the manager says it is right then I feel I have done my due diligence!

Local grocery store had sale on FRSmB for $19, picked up 2 at that price. Love the FR line up, especially the lighter small batch with warmer summer months coming. Yes, spring finally!

Local grocery store had sale on FRSmB for $19, picked up 2 at that price. Love the FR line up, especially the lighter small batch with warmer summer months coming. Yes, spring finally!

Holy moly! I would have filled up the back of the Expedition at that price.

Picked up a store pick today. Single barrel OWA. Will open it if/when my allergies get better and I can finally taste something again.....

Did some work for a friend,this was part of the payment,(EC12 store selects)minus the BP's had those but thought they would look good in the pic.Think it's going to be a great summer!

post-10789-14489820743608_thumb.jpg

post-10789-1448982074307_thumb.jpg

Here in Toronto, Canada, it takes a bit longer to get releases. And when the do come they are double the American price. 2013 Four Roses 125th Anniversary SmB LE finally here this week, at $80CND.

post-7789-1448982074417_thumb.jpg

Did some work for a friend,this was part of the payment,(EC12 store selects)minus the BP's had those but thought they would look good in the pic.Think it's going to be a great summer!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18174[/ATTACH] Thought I may as well throw these in the background also... they were getting lonely...[ATTACH=CONFIG]18175[/ATTACH]

Very nice! Good thing you like EC! :cool:

Here in Toronto, Canada, it takes a bit longer to get releases. And when the do come they are double the American price. 2013 Four Roses 125th Anniversary SmB LE finally here this week, at $80CND.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18176[/ATTACH]

$80 CND is about $72 USD. You got a great deal!

Was out picking up a few limited beers for a friend and a couple of ECBP's dropped into my hands ........how is a guy to say no to that?:grin:

Googled liquor stores on the way home from out of town. Stopped into a random one and found 2 ECBPs looking for a home. They now have a very loving family to spend the rest of their days with!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.