What bourbon did you pass up today? Spring/Summer 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It ain't bourbon so delete this post if you see fit but I saw some Sazerac Rye on the shelves today AKA Baby Saz.

I haven't seen any for a couple of years.

But I passed.

But I'm thinking about getting one.

Is it still as good as it used to be?

Or did BT bottle up some 2yo?

Hey, it's a legitimate question in today's wild wild world of whiskey.

Passed on something I hadn't seen before - Homestead barrel proof bourbon whiskey (not "straight"). NAS 113.3 proof, MGP/LDI - bottled by "Homestead American Whiskey" in Bardstown. Looked fairly young, too. Hell - if I wanted 113.3 proof, I'd splurge and go for the OGD 114 at . . . oh, damn near half the price of this :lol:

Passed on something I hadn't seen before - Homestead barrel proof bourbon whiskey (not "straight"). NAS 113.3 proof, MGP/LDI - bottled by "Homestead American Whiskey" in Bardstown. Looked fairly young, too. Hell - if I wanted 113.3 proof, I'd splurge and go for the OGD 114 at . . . oh, damn near half the price of this :lol:

Agreed with OO swill. I wouldn't take a bottle home if they offered me $10 to take it off their shelves. Amen.

a lonely AAA 10 year 1.75 sitting on the shelf, $41. been there for a while. the 86 proof label always makes me grab something else, so Ive never tried this and never regretted not doing so.

also passed up 1.75's of Larceny at $43. Its usually at $40 at my regular store. I was gonna get one for the rebate, but I still have plenty at home, so Ill just wait til I end up at the regular store.

ECBP at $99, PHC 7 at $140, and RHF at $50. All at the same store.

I've been hunting the ECBP for a bit but I felt pricing was out of line..especially with EC12 sitting next to it for $23.

Not today but yesterday. Whiskey Sister. Look it up. What a waste of time. I saw it at Kroger.

Cool label though and just a spot on Kroger shelves will sell the first bottle which may be the marketing goal anyway. Lotsa profit to be made if you're geared for quick turnover and don't care about repeat business.

I don't even remember the price. The idea of women and bourbon is appealing. I just got lost in the story on the label. I might have looked a little closer if it was 90+ proof. Obviously, the "recipe" is enjoyed at 80 proof.

The Bourbon & Belles theme is one that goes way back in Bourbon lore.

WT101 at $19 and OGD114 at $21. great prices, to be sure, but I was there for other things...though I'm sure I'll be back for them.

Left some old 90 proof 6 year old Barton on the shelf. Stuff has to have been sitting there awhile, it was in the old barrel type bottle that OWA 7 yr old and ORVW 10 yr came in. I've got an old 1.75 from back then, no need to buy them, just interesting to see the old bottle sitting on the shelf.

Passed up an ECBP @ $69 at one store. Passed up a very dusty OWA 375mL @ $150 at another. :skep:

I'm not an OWA expert, and I didn't pick it up off the shelf at that price, but it was Old Weller Original 107 and it had a tax label.

Passed up an ECBP @ $69 at one store. Passed up a very dusty OWA 375mL @ $150 at another. :skep:

A store I was at last week had a similar price (67 I believe). I asked him if he would take $50 for it because that's what I've seen it in other places and he said "sure, that's fine". Was shocked it went that smoothly.

A store I was at last week had a similar price (67 I believe). I asked him if he would take $50 for it because that's what I've seen it in other places and he said "sure, that's fine". Was shocked it went that smoothly.

Was this in Dallas? I haven't seen ECBP anywhere around here.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!