What bourbon did you pass up today? Spring/Summer 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I think it was $49 Doug. Didn't see any 12 yo but did see quite a bit of the Cascade Hollow stuff on the shelf as well. P

good. this is the one whiskey so far that id like to make sure i can enjoy for decades to come. maybe a case will make its way home sometime this year then. but, Im gonna try one first....single barrel and all.

Boatloads of overpriced Willetts and I never had to leave my desk to do it. Feels good!

Boatloads of overpriced Willetts and I never had to leave my desk to do it. Feels good!

making people wait 2 years to get their selections and then significantly raising the prices is not a good business model, in my mind at least.

Passed on Woodford for $29.99 today. Heck of a good price duly noted, but not my cup of tea.

LOL yeah. I bought that one. My how things have changed in two short years.

Conversed with willett via email today. LB selected those barrels in march 2013. We also selected ours about that time. We should expect ours in the next 90 days.

Don't know pricing yet and I am not holding my breath.

Conversed with willett via email today. LB selected those barrels in march 2013. We also selected ours about that time. We should expect ours in the next 90 days.

Don't know pricing yet and I am not holding my breath.

are you contractually obligated to buy them, even if they dump some insane price on you?

No. We haven't signed anything. We don't pay until it is delivered. As a result, they are not obligated to sell at earlier price.

No. We haven't signed anything. We don't pay until it is delivered. As a result, they are not obligated to sell at earlier price.

I wouldve thought that, as a barrel selection program.......you would be obligated to buy it and they would be obligated to sell it to you at a previously agreed upon price. good luck!

I wouldve thought that, as a barrel selection program.......you would be obligated to buy it and they would be obligated to sell it to you at a previously agreed upon price. good luck!

Bourbon hasn't reached wine feature levels yet. I wish it would but the big boys of bourbon (HH, beam, BF, 4R, WT, BT) have monopoly that napa can only dream of.

Medley 12 yr. Never tried it but just couldn't fork out $56 for less than 90 proof when 4RYL is $16.99 and I know it is great.

Stagg Jr. at $49, and an EHTBP for $81.......both solid prices and I might go back for the EH Taylor. Funny thing is the guy must price stuff based on hype/guessing?.....cause some stuff was down at a good level (things like WTRB for $34 and WFE Rye for $34)........but Baby Saz was $79 WellerSR $40 :rolleyes:

Passed on ETL at $35 and ETL Com at $41.

And a good portion of the forum shudders...

And a good portion of the forum shudders...

Fortunately I found them both at a different store. ETL for $26 and ETL Com for $28.

Interestingly, I'm seeing (and passing on) a lot of the Taylor line on the shelves around the state.

When I had it, Bowman Bros seems real close to Elmer T. Curious what others think of that one. Seems like a good deal.

Passed on ETL at $40. Every major retailer in the area seems to have gotten 2 bottles of the stuff. Seems an odd time for regular ETL to show up with the commemorative bottle dropping soon

Passed on ETL at $40. Every major retailer in the area seems to have gotten 2 bottles of the stuff. Seems an odd time for regular ETL to show up with the commemorative bottle dropping soon
In Atlanta they both seemed to drop about the same time, so that is a good sign!

My local grocery decided to drop the whole 4 Roses line. What did they replace it with? We got Clyde Mays 85 proof and a bunch of different flavored stuff in jars. :hot: :bigeyes: :lol:

Local place got at least two, maybe three cases of ETL. I thought this was supposed to be hard to find now? Anyway I passed on it as I already have a few.

Best regards, Tony

Local place got at least two, maybe three cases of ETL. I thought this was supposed to be hard to find now? Anyway I passed on it as I already have a few.

Best regards, Tony

what a luxury. still not a single sighting in texas.

Passed on Barterhouse for $108 OTD (cheapest price in WA State).

Also ETL, CEHT Rye, EC21.

Apparently the cyclical shortage was temporary. After the commemorative bottles came and went our area got a large bolus of regular ETL

Best regards, Tony

A couple of Meijer stores near me now have (regular) ETL on the shelf. They were bare just a couple weeks ago.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!