What bourbon did you pass up today? Spring/Summer 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Leaving a liquor store empty handed makes me feel like there's unfinished business.

The hands were full with tequila, single malt and wine. Just no bourbon.

Offered a new bourbon from Ballast Point and quickly passed. In case you don't recognize the name it's a California brewery that's trying to catch on to the bourbon bandwagon and yes, it's also distilled in CA. It comes in a fancy box but the bottle looks like Bullitt. When the guy offered it to me I had everything to do from laughing out loud when he started rambling on about how collectible it was going to be, blah, blah, blah.

Saw a barrel proof redemption rye. Anyone tried it?

Yes - have Batch 3 and really enjoy it (but heard horror stories about Batch 1). Not a lot of barrel proof rye options on the market, so if you like high-proof rye, I'd give it a shot.

Yes - have Batch 3 and really enjoy it (but heard horror stories about Batch 1). Not a lot of barrel proof rye options on the market, so if you like high-proof rye, I'd give it a shot.

That was batch 1 and after I googled it I got scared and walked away.

I was going to get the old over holt it was $15, but I read so many bad

Things about it here about it not being what it used to be so I passed

It up...I have 2 bottles of sad rye to hold me over for now

At that price you should by it and use it for a comaparison as to what a rye should not taste like. Of course WTR81 will do the trick too.

I passed on Old Blowhard again, but with tomorrow being my 26th birthday, I feel I will have to buy a 26 year old bourbon.

I passed on Old Blowhard again, but with tomorrow being my 26th birthday, I feel I will have to buy a 26 year old bourbon.

if that were the logic, most people on here would not be able to drink anymore. Most would only be able to lick evaporated-dry barrels.......

if that were the logic, most people on here would not be able to drink anymore. Most would only be able to lick evaporated-dry barrels.......

Well, you won't know if it's good until you try it.

It's really just an excuse to try something new.

I think Doug was referring to the aged status of some of our members. No, I wouldn't want a whisky as old as me, or even 1/3 of my age for that matter, but an attractive young lady of that vintage would be nice.

Passed up a Pure Kentucky that was bottled in 2004. 10 year old. Anyone have any thoughts on whether it's worth going back for?

$33. I have debated it before at that price. I was just surprised to see a bottle that was 10 years on the shelf.

Wasn't there a Pure Kentucky XO that was 107 proof and produced by KBD? Is this the same thing?

Passed on a Jefferson's 21 year. I think it was about $120. With Four Roses 2014 Limited Edition Single Barrel release coming up, I have to save a few pennies.

Wasn't there a Pure Kentucky XO that was 107 proof and produced by KBD? Is this the same thing?

Yes, that's the one.

Well, I guess I could buy an OBH and a Barterhouse, but I'd still be a couple years shy.

I haven't tried it but do remember seeing it on the shelf in the past. If I saw it for $33, I would probably give it a go, especially since I don't see it any more. I have tried several standard KBD products and found them average. However, the higher the proof, the more I like them. I never tried this one. Of course, it is a balance, one can only buy so much.

Well, I guess I could buy an OBH and a Barterhouse, but I'd still be a couple years shy.

Crap, is this a math quiz? Let's see 20 + 26 = ? Yeah, I would be a little short too!

I think Doug was referring to the aged status of some of our members. No, I wouldn't want a whisky as old as me, or even 1/3 of my age for that matter, but an attractive young lady of that vintage would be nice.

I immediately think of nursing daignoses for why neither would be good for you.........

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!