What bourbon did you pass up today? Spring/Summer 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Passed on the 128 Stagg jr. Dealer only got two bottles and had placed them out of sight but when she said $99.99 I passed.

Barterhouse at $80 and EC 21 at $120.

Both of them at a random large grocer who occasionally gets in off the wall stuff for some reason.

Barterhouse at $80 and EC 21 at $120.

Both of them at a random large grocer who occasionally gets in off the wall stuff for some reason.

A couple batch #4 Elijah Craig BP bottles. I've got some stocked up, so left it for someone else to find.

Local place got at least two, maybe three cases of ETL. I thought this was supposed to be hard to find now? Anyway I passed on it as I already have a few.

Best regards, Tony

Liquor at a grocery store, so strange to me. But that's the best price I've ever heard on an EC21.

I would have been tempted if I didn't already have one at home I got in a trade.

was at the Sams club today, and pleased to see an increase in offerings. Prices were typical store prices though. The only deal was Booker's at $43, but since Ive only gone through half a bottle in 6 months, im good for another 6 months. Thats $3-10 cheaper than anywhere else, so I'll remember where to get it next.

A couple of Meijer stores near me now have (regular) ETL on the shelf. They were bare just a couple weeks ago.

How much did they want for the ETL? I would like seeing some near me. I like it, but if it gets too expensive, I'll buy something else.

Passed on W12 this past weekend. I already have a couple of bottles in the bunker so it wasn't a priority. I'm curious to see how long these will last though. It seems that the Elmer came and went so quickly. Both the regular and commemorative editions.

Passed on W12 this past weekend. I already have a couple of bottles in the bunker so it wasn't a priority. I'm curious to see how long these will last though. It seems that the Elmer came and went so quickly. Both the regular and commemorative editions.

I haven't seen W12 on the shelves in Indy for a while. Has anyone seen any recently? Same with ETL. I haven't seen ETL on the shelves since early 2013. Has anyone seen any of the new release?

I haven't seen W12 on the shelves in Indy for a while. Has anyone seen any recently? Same with ETL. I haven't seen ETL on the shelves since early 2013. Has anyone seen any of the new release?

Haven't hunted as often as in the fall, but negative on both. Last W12 is saw was in southern IN and at $30 a pop. I passed. Indy is barren of the ETL Com. Did see a boatload in the Region though.

How much did they want for the ETL? I would like seeing some near me. I like it, but if it gets too expensive, I'll buy something else.

Pretty sure it was $34.99

Seems like both ETL have been popping up in Georgia in the past few weeks recently albeit in small numbers. Saw the ETL for about $30 and the W12 was still around $23. Wasn't a lot of either so it may all be gone again by now.

Passed on the entire Van Winkle line and a GTS, which were all being stored on their side. Cork rot probably won't help sell those bottles.

PVW23 for $1,124.99

PVW20 for $679.99

PVW15 for $499.99

Lot B for $269.99

ORVW10 for $249.99

GTS for $199.99

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18136[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18137[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18138[/ATTACH]

Went back to this store over the weekend and the PVW23 and Lot B were gone. I really hope someone didn't pay those prices.

Passed on some 1792 single barrel/private pick when the store associate cheers that it was "the smoothest bourbon you've ever tasted!" They didn't have any idea of the age of the barrel either. Passed on some Bookers 2013-6 and 2013-7 also. And while not bourbon, passed on some OO as they now expect $20 for that swill (thought I would give it another go since the first/last bottle I bought was $11 only a year or so ago).

Saw a shelf with the Weller family all together which I haven't seen in a while. Decent prices but I passed for now as I still have a few.

post-8493-14489820864045_thumb.jpg

Also had a barrel pick of Buffalo Trace and an EWSB that just arrived. $19.99 each! Was tempting but I had come for some Turkey. I wonder if turkey will eat spent rye mash so that they taste more like whiskey...

Passed on an original Jefferson's Ocean at $59.99 (it might have been $159.99, this store seems to have a habit of folding over the first digit on triple-digit prices). Also something called "Black Saddle" 12 year bourbon at $49.99.

Edited by Tucker

Passed on an original Jefferson's Ocean at $59.99 (it might have been $159.99, this store seems to have a habit of folding over the first digit on triple-digit prices). Also something called "Black Saddle" 12 year bourbon at $49.99.

If it were $59.99 I would consider it! But I suspect the latter is more likely.

If it were $59.99 I would consider it! But I suspect the latter is more likely.

I visited a place over the weekend where they had about six at $64.99. If the local guys are looking for it PM me. Mule services to Bruce's on Saturday may also be available. ;)

I visited a place over the weekend where they had about six at $64.99. If the local guys are looking for it PM me. Mule services to Bruce's on Saturday may also be available. ;)

Has to be the original! If it says Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey on the front then it is good to go (others no doubt disagree but I like it!). If it doesn't then it is round two which pretty much blows.

post-8493-14489820864528_thumb.jpg

Passed on some 1792 single barrel/private pick when the store associate cheers that it was "the smoothest bourbon you've ever tasted!" They didn't have any idea of the age of the barrel either. Passed on some Bookers 2013-6 and 2013-7 also. And while not bourbon, passed on some OO as they now expect $20 for that swill (thought I would give it another go since the first/last bottle I bought was $11 only a year or so ago).

Don't do it. Terrible stuff. Regretted paying $15 for it. So bad in my opinion.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!