What bourbon are you drinking? Fall 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Ridgemont Reserve 1792. It always had, and still does, that dry note which may be conferred by an extra measure of barley malt in the mash. Vigorous yet elegant whiskey.

Gary

Just curious, where can I find a glass like that?

HHGS. It's not out for sale. It's given out after a tasting. They will sell them if you ask. $7

Chilly, rainy night. This is FR 15 year GS OESK is keeping me warm and fuzzy. 84e3d0a629c01efb6db954f683265220.jpg

Where can I get an angry machine gun gnome like that?

I had some friends pick me up a bottle of Hancock's Presidential Barrel selected by Liquor Barn. Smooth with a slight sweetness on the finish. They say it is the same mash bill as Rock Hill Farms. Any thoughts from the brethren?

Drinking a FR Private Selection OESF (11yr and 56.9 %). With a few drops of water, she's absolutely singing!

Rock Hill Farms last evening. Love this stuff. I know its 'dryness' is one of its hallmarks and charms, and I'll buy into that, but RHF would be smack in my wheelhouse with a touch more sweetness and a touch less dryness. Still love it for what it is though.

I had some friends pick me up a bottle of Hancock's Presidential Barrel selected by Liquor Barn. Smooth with a slight sweetness on the finish. They say it is the same mash bill as Rock Hill Farms. Any thoughts from the brethren?

Presume that's 88.9 proof. To me Hancock is a competent rather than complex whisky that leans toward the slightly sweet vanilla floral side of the Buffalo Trace single barrel line. Very good stuff that would be far more popular did it not carry a surcharge for it's packaging.

A hand selected barrel of Hancock is a dandy idea. May I ask the cost?

HHGS. It's not out for sale. It's given out after a tasting. They will sell them if you ask. $7

Thanks for the response. It would be the one tour/tasting I didn't have time to go on in August. At least now I have a reason to go back. Thanks, again.

Where can I get an angry machine gun gnome like that?

I haven't the foggiest. It was a gift. Amazon maybe?

Found a bottle hidden in the cabinet that I somehow forgot to open since picking it up in June - local store SAOS pick. Immediately corrected the injustice and enjoying a nice pour. Was fortunate to taste it at the store, so knew I liked it (probably diminished the urgency in cracking it, but stupid since it is pretty nice 8yr bourbon!) :toast:

OFBB13. Just finishing up the bottle. Had about 5 oz left in it, and I thought, what the heck, why not. It will be a 1 pour night for me. Glad I have 3 more, but I hate how much space these bottles take up. Plus, you have to turn it in crazy angles to get it all out.

I've been on the Larceny/HM BIB kick all week and I'm loving this bottle of the BIB. Stellar!!!

Started with some GBS OBSK, now hitting the 13-6 Bookers. Happy to see cool weather return, barrel proof just works better with a chill.

I want to thank everyone for their congratulatory comments. The wife and I now have a handsome baby boy. As for what Im sipping, its a Noah's Mill kind of night, followed by ECBP.

The cost ~ $34.00.The red bag is nice if your giving it as a gift. I have found some of the commercial single barrel selections are a nice comparison to the standard commercial versions.

I want to thank everyone for their congratulatory comments. The wife and I now have a handsome baby boy. As for what Im sipping, its a Noah's Mill kind of night, followed by ECBP.

Congrats indeed!!! It's a magic journey you have ahead. Now get some rest!

B

congratulations once again!

Took another pour out of a 2013 Lot B, and wow, what a fine pour. I'm never disappointed in Lot B, being able to get it at MSRP that is.

This was last night at a friends house who has much better bourbon than I'll ever have but figured you might like the lineup: First tasted the new FRSmBLE2014, then the FRSmBLE2012, then some Michter's 10 year (supposedly wheated), then Vintage 17 (not sure what provenance it was), then some OHHBIB Gold Label, then some dusty Old Taylor, then some 7 year old store selected Single Barrel OWA107 that was fantastic, a 7 year old Willet that was obvious HH juice and then ended the night with some JB12.

My head hurts today. :puke:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.