What bourbon are you drinking? Fall 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

So my wife and I are expecting our first child. Due date was October 23rd. Yesterday they told us she was high risk and they needed to induce. So while packing I guess I was forgetting stuff, putting things in wrong places, and dropping things. She then out the blue says "hey you might want to fill up your flask and bring it". I respond good idea. And here I am sitting with a great wife and some great bourbon.

[ATTACH]19455[/ATTACH]

I hope all goes well! Enjoy this experience. The birth of a first child is something special!

A toast to you and your wife and your child!

FR GS OESV with a healthy pour of water in it.

Had the same last night, except it was the P&M store selection. Both really bloom nicely with a strong water addition.

B

So my wife and I are expecting our first child. Due date was October 23rd. Yesterday they told us she was high risk and they needed to induce. So while packing I guess I was forgetting stuff, putting things in wrong places, and dropping things. She then out the blue says "hey you might want to fill up your flask and bring it". I respond good idea. And here I am sitting with a great wife and some great bourbon.

[ATTACH]19455[/ATTACH]

Cheers man, having the kiddo is what made me get serious about bourbon :)

Best wishes on the birth going well!

[ATTACH]19455[/ATTACH]

MB: my wife had two high risk deliveries: emergency C Sections both times. The medical profession really shines when the pressure is on. Best wishes for a great outcome. Just wait till he/she becomes a teenager; that's when you'll see the therapeutic qualities of bourbon really come through.

Congrats on the baby MB. Let us know what happens. My first will be two in Nov. and my wife was high risk as well. No. 2 is in the works as well.

frantic crazy 16+ hour workday = one FAT pour of FC103. sleep for 5 hours and do it again....

It's a working night for me (software release from home).

EC12 to start. May move on to some JD Holiday Select 2013.

So my wife and I are expecting our first child. Due date was October 23rd. Yesterday they told us she was high risk and they needed to induce.

Children are God's greatest gift to us, hope the best for all.

Finally tried the bottle of Knob Creek Small Batch single barrel that had been sitting on my shelf, and I was very impressed! A friend had told me I wouldn't like it, but I thought it was a great pour. It's pretty cheap also, for a single barrel bourbon.

Congrats MB! (and nice choice on the flask!)

More importantly, what choice is IN ​the flask?

It's a working night for me (software release from home).

EC12 to start. May move on to some JD Holiday Select 2013.

Ah! That explains the bugs in programs created by otherwise brilliant engineers.

Ah! That explains the bugs in programs created by otherwise brilliant engineers.

Theres a good theory about that Flyfish. Basically fixing problems in your software is harder than making new software. So if you're at your best when you're making it, you're SOL when it comes to the fixing part.

Theres a good theory about that Flyfish. Basically fixing problems in your software is harder than making new software. So if you're at your best when you're making it, you're SOL when it comes to the fixing part.

And I usually find that a small pour or two can help the process of finding and fixing bugs. Alas, I tend to forget about the limits of "small" and "two" and end up having to reverse much of what I did that evening after small pour three or four ... Curse you, oh amber spirit of deliciousness! Thou tempts me greatly and I am too weak to avoid succumbing!

Ah, the engineering perspective, it is unique. When the puppy chased the cat down the hall she sailed into my room clearing the arm of my chair and landed four paws on the keyboard of my laptop irrevocably changing the key commands. When I asked my son (the engineering major) he launched into a long explanation of the outdated technology used by offshore manufacturers (to all of which I patiently listened) and then I responded by saying:

"So you're telling me the damn's thing's broke".

Running through a long flight getting ready for the packer game tonight,started with some HH6,then on to some SB Bernheims,then I think I'll go up the ladder a bit with some GTS,followed by some Saz18,we'll see how the game and I are doing before moving any further. GO PACK!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.