What bourbon are you drinking? Fall 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Having several different bourbons tonight WTRR 10y, 4R's OBSK Specs, GD 9y, Michter's 10y SB, GTS 2012, and Retoric 20y. Everything was very good. I did a side by side with GD 9y and 4Rs, and I have to say that they were very similar.

I did a side by side with GD 9y and 4Rs, and I have to say that they were very similar.

i never thought i would hear that sentence uttered.

interesting....

Edited by 393foureyedfox

I did a side by side with GD 9y and 4Rs, and I have to say that they were very similar.

You just made fox's head explode.

You just made fox's head explode.

yip. my favorite and my most disliked just referred to as 'very similar'.

this is one subjective hobby!

oh well. to me, every beer tastes the same....and people cant understand how I think that, but it seems that way to me.

yip. my favorite and my most disliked just referred to as 'very similar'.

this is one subjective hobby!

oh well. to me, every beer tastes the same....and people cant understand how I think that, but it seems that way to me.

I don't know what it is but the OESK and OBSK recipes have a very similar taste to a George Dickel nine-year-old to me. The big difference is the finish, FR has a better finish.

Having a nice pour of Larceny. Very solid. Nice to have another mid-shelf wheater available around here.

I finally grabbed a 4R YL. Just popped it open for a quick ounce. Seriously, best 80 proofer on earth.

Wow, what a day in college football! After watching the Ole Miss/Alabama game I decided to get my hotty toddy on with four fingers of the SB Blend. Awesome as always! :drink:

Mrs. EV and our daughter out looking at colleges. Started with a bit of the McKenna 10YO BIB, then moved on to a store selection Jefferson's Reserve Very Old, Very Small Batch. Trying to get a feel for this, went back for a second pour and a third. 90 proof. At $50, I'm on the fence if I want more for the bunker. I like whats there, just that the volume is on 3. Caramel, vanilla and a touch of wood. Just want the volume on 7 or more.

Mrs. EV and our daughter out looking at colleges. Started with a bit of the McKenna 10YO BIB, then moved on to a store selection Jefferson's Reserve Very Old, Very Small Batch. Trying to get a feel for this, went back for a second pour and a third. 90 proof. At $50, I'm on the fence if I want more for the bunker. I like whats there, just that the volume is on 3. Caramel, vanilla and a touch of wood. Just want the volume on 7 or more.

Celebrating the Notre Dame victory with a Sazerac Manhattan, followed by a generous pour of ER17. ER17 doesn't get enough credit compared to the rest of the BTAC, imho.

iMHO - Having sampled both my decision is to bunker the McKenna hard to beat at the age/price

Would love to see the Jefferson's at barrel strength. My palate isn't up to figuring out if its just mild flavors or too much water. Really enjoying the McKenna.

I like whiskey :)

Tonight keep coming back to this one. Mixed in some EC23 but decided I'd save that one for when I hadn't had so much others before hand. I think I've also had some ERSB, EC12, SAOS, and standard BT ... oh well, it's a rough life I lead ... hahapost-11356-14489821517649_thumb.jpg

Having my first ever pour of OBSK........hmmm.......now I see why this is the most popular of the ten recipes (going by the SB poll). I have 2 in the bunker but think I should go grab a couple more while they are available locally.

Lots of Weller 12. It is incredible how good this stuff is for what I bought it for. Thank god I stocked up. A good reason this stuff flys off the shelves.

Sitting at the bar with a pour of Elmer T. Lee since I don't have any at home. Good stuff.

9 of us around a campfire in the woods last night. I brought a WT101 and a Larceny, another brought RR90, another some Kirkland 6/80. The RR guy didnt really care for his (was a gift),and the Krikland guy realized he liked Larceny and theres more to whiskey than cheap blends. I sent him home with the rest of the bottle, hoping he'll come around and see the light. I love camping this time of year, when its in the 40's at night. Habanero-cheese grilled ribeye sandwich and some Larceny and I was having a great night!

Blanton's and a cigar on a beautiful fall afternoon to celebrate the Giants return to over .500 for the first time sine 2012.

post-8357-14489821521587_thumb.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.