What bourbon are you drinking? Fall 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Habanero-cheese grilled ribeye sandwich

Maybe I'm a bit whiskey'd out trying to empty some bottles lately, but that sandwich sounds mighty tasty.

A simply perfect fall afternoon in Alabama. Great time to enjoy the simple pleasures of OGD 114 and WT 101 while getting in a little work in the garden.

Finished off a bottle of Jefferson's Reserve Very Old Very Small Batch and now working on some OFBB '13.

Finished off a bottle of Larceny. The perspective was to thin the herd. However, this bottle was so much better than the last. Now, I am thinking I need to add another. So much for that concept. Followed up with a nice pour of ETL Com.

Sucked down way more Colonel EH Taylor Barrel Proof than I had planned. Delicious stuff but my head sure was banging this morning. I'm guessing the six pack of Spaten Oktoberfest on top didn't help.

It's turned into a HH wheaterfest kinda night. HM BIB followed by Larceny. I just opened both and that BIB sure is a smooth and easy drinker.

Further establishing myself in the ranks of those who sing the praises of OBSK. Just loving this stuff.

Some OGDBiB. "Who's the one that I adore, though he beats me to the floor--Old Grand Dad." ~Fats Waller

Started the day with some Stagg Jr. and topped it off with FR PS OESK. Both went down nice and easy.

HHSS/2 while reading "the postman". A great way to end the weekend. Hhss just keeps developing. Can't stop drinking it. Halfway through my first bottle.

Slow day, so I decided to revisit the HHSS/2. This is just a fabulous bourbon. So soft and smooth, yet 122 proof. Terrific stuff.

Had a nice pour of the new Parker's Heritage Straight Whiskey ....over an ice cube (there I said it!... and I'm not sorry!).

For me; It's great this way!

I find it too hot (even in quite small sips) after just a couple sips.

Over the ice, the flavors open up and become more complex, deeper; and more than a little bit extra enjoyable. The Nose opens up quite a bit. too. The finish lengthens, and deepens, too.

I don't generally use ice on premium pours, but this one just seems to cry out for it (IMO).

After and during the Monday night tequila tasting I attended with Vosgar and friends, I had some WTRR 10/101 (thanks Gary), Beam Single Barrel (courtesy of a very nice sales rep and Gary again) , and when I got home, some Binny's Weller 12. As Gary so aptly said to me earlier, life is good. :grin:

FWIW, the tequilas we tasted were pretty darned good. Very pleasantly surprised. Great night all in all.

Chilly, rainy night. This is FR 15 year GS OESK is keeping me warm and fuzzy. 84e3d0a629c01efb6db954f683265220.jpg

Just curious, where can I find a glass like that?

Started with McKenna 10 BIB (luv it)

Went to WT101 didn't love it

Tried WTRB didn't love it

Added the two WT together (vatted?) still didn't love it

Moved on to VOB BIB love it

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.