What bourbon are you enjoying (Winter 2016/17)?

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Thanks to my father in law, I got to enjoy a nice pour it pappy 20 tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Dwt said:

Whiskey menu at Smoke Signals Restaurant, Lake Placid NY. Pappy 23@ 2 oz for $30. All other pours $20IMG_1162.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes Please!!! I would drink all of these at those prices. I would bet most places have them priced much higher.

Last night before returning to work, enjoying a few more pours but dialing it back from the LE's I've been drinking. Started with ECNAS and am now drinking some Mall Santa KCSiB. Will likely finish with ECBP

Opened up a bottle of EC12 after work. Such a solid bourbon. I sill see a few age stated 1.75s hanging around on the shelves — I should grab another bottle. 

Well, after spending most of the day watching the rain, doing taxes, messing on the internets, feeding the cats, cleaning the toilets, etc., I just poured some OGD BIB in the bottom of my empty coffee cup (the kitchen being too far away to get a glass, and I don't drink out of the bottle because I'm a spiller) to get me ready for opening a 4R SmB I found on an upper shelf in the utility room.  I wonder who put it there?

2 hours ago, Spade said:

Opened up a bottle of EC12 after work. Such a solid bourbon. I sill see a few age stated 1.75s hanging around on the shelves — I should grab another bottle. 

That would be a really good idea.

Started off with a nice pour of BT store select. Moved on to some SAOS7. Today couldn't have been any better. Might finish with a nice pour of this years WLW. Cheers

RR10yr. Haven't had this in quite some time. It really is quite enjoyable. It works well at 90 proof but I really want to taste this at 100 proof.

Opened a McScrooge's Store Select bottle recently of Old Scout at 9 yrs and 120.2 proof - it was HOT and I'm no lightweight on barrel proofers - added a little water then a little more and again to get it down to being enjoyable - at that point the flavors came through and it was a good pour - not complaining as it makes the bourbon go further but not used to getting one this hot.   It's a high rye content of course as many of these are and I think this one is around 36%.

Last night I went with Blanton's Gold for a couple of pours - always satisfies

I had my first taste of the new David Nicholson last night from my neighbor's bottle.  I did not like it at all.  It had a strange off-putting taste in the mid-palate.  My neighbor described as metallic but I don't think that is quite right.  I don't know how to describe it.  Best I can come up with is bitter but that is not exactly it.  Anyway, I'm glad I didn't buy a bottle.  I could barely finish my pour.  Luckily things improved tremendously with the next pour, PH10.

2 hours ago, meadeweber said:

I had my first taste of the new David Nicholson last night from my neighbor's bottle.  I did not like it at all.  It had a strange off-putting taste in the mid-palate.  My neighbor described as metallic but I don't think that is quite right.  I don't know how to describe it.  Best I can come up with is bitter but that is not exactly it.  Anyway, I'm glad I didn't buy a bottle.  I could barely finish my pour.  Luckily things improved tremendously with the next pour, PH10.

Is that the black label bottle?

Been enjoying OWA since I finally found a bottle about a month ago. Also picked up an OGD 114 to try before it disappears - pleasantly surprised by it. Sweeter than I expected, but balanced by the higher proof.

Started off with a small pour of Baby Saz just to see how it was doing - it's doing well in case you wondered ;) and moved back to killing off open bottles with a pour of Yellowstone 93 proof, as I've noted before it's not a bad bourbon but it's not worth the $40 or so it costs in comparison with others - this one will hit the bin after the second pour this evening

I'm enjoying some WT101, though the vehicle is not the usual... My sick wife took her time at home to make my favorite dessert, bread pudding and bourbon sauce. 

IMG_2527.JPG

Easing back into civilization with some HH 6yr 90.  Very serviceable bourbon, and hitting the spot tonight.

I found a dusty Old Charter 8 Year a few months back and decided to crack it open because of the Charter 101 comments  in another thread. I know a store that still has 101 so before I buy it I wanted to see how this one tastes. 

22 minutes ago, Limegoldconvertible68 said:

I found a dusty Old Charter 8 Year a few months back and decided to crack it open because of the Charter 101 comments  in another thread. I know a store that still has 101 so before I buy it I wanted to see how this one tastes. 

Same mashbill but the C101 is about half the age and 20 proof points higher. May not be a lot in common depending on your palate. The 101 is a great mixer but to my recollection not a go to neat. 

1 hour ago, Charlutz said:

I'm enjoying some WT101, though the vehicle is not the usual... My sick wife took her time at home to make my favorite dessert, bread pudding and bourbon sauce. 

IMG_2527.JPG

Nice dessert.  Nice of your wife to make it.  Thank you for posting a picture.  YUM!

Had a small pour of my recently opened 4R SmB before dinner then finished of the last 1.75 oz. of a basic BT bottle.

If I'm still awake at 11PM, I'll have some OGD BIB.

40 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I think I'll have some Poor Man's Pappy tonight.  Hahah

Oh man. There's one in every crowd. :P Whatever you choose to call it, enjoy your pour K. 

Cheers! Joe

2 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Oh man. There's one in every crowd. :P Whatever you choose to call it, enjoy your pour K. 

Cheers! Joe

Hee hee, I couldn't resist!  ;)

It's all good brother. ;) And, it's all bourbon. :D

Joe

FWIW, after having the last pour from a bottle of SAOS 7, I had a couple of pours of my own variation on the Sb blend. OWA and Weller SR:P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.