What bourbon are you enjoying (spring 2017)

kcgumbohead
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

10 minutes ago, Golferpimp1 said:

Burgers that came out of the burger press I have. I had made a couple of the smaller ones for the kids.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

They look like cinammon buns.:)

Nothing yet.  But when the evening guests arrive, I'll have my version of an old fashioned.  Two parts bourbon, one part triple sec, and an ice cube.  The triple sec provides the sweetness that sugar would normally provide, plus the subtle orange taste that orange bitters would provide.  The bourbon is a store selection of Henry McKenna BIB.

I'm on a mission of killing bottles to make room in the cabinet, but I'm not complaining! 

Cheers! 

Will.
IMG_8289.thumb.JPG.83179fba100cb05c29216fa4509a98f3.JPG

Let me help with your cabinet cleaning chores. I'm a nice guy always willing to give a hand.

56 minutes ago, Golferpimp1 said:

Burgers that came out of the burger press I have. I had made a couple of the smaller ones for the kids.

I was thinking they were coiled up sausage/brat links. :D

FR SiB PS OESO for me tonight.  Next time the bottle comes out, it'll be emptied...just a tad left in it.

Started with the last pour from a 375 Blanton's and moved on to 4RSmB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Golferpimp1 said:

They look like little versions of those sausages you see at fair food trucks.

10 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

It was just an off night for me. I prefer the SAOS SB over anything Bean most nights and I would think most would agree.

I need to try the GD 9yr store pick seen them around. I went out last night to a place called bosscat kitchen and libations basically an overpriced Applebees. My wife picked for a belated bday pick as they have a whiskey focus. Online the GD 9yr was one of the better offerings so planned on getting that. When we got there the list was more extensive and included ECBP for $1 more.

ECBP is so good. I gave my wife a sip, her comment was, "this is much better than that stuff you normally give me to try".

If only that sentiment could keep the price of Bookers down...

On vacation in Bora Bora with the wife.  This is from our bungalow deck. Decisions, decisions. Yup, I went with the WT101 naturally.

WIN_20170415_164841.JPG

14 minutes ago, Kepler said:

On vacation in Bora Bora with the wife.  This is from our bungalow deck. Decisions, decisions. Yup, I went with the WT101 naturally.

WIN_20170415_164841.JPG

Nice!  Enjoy your vacation!

Had some Makers Mark Cask Strength from a buddy. I was thoroughly impressed and it is now on my list for a bottle buy.

Now. Debating on whether or not I am going to have anything else tonight. I've had a terrible hangover all day.

3 hours ago, Kepler said:

WIN_20170415_164841.JPG

Now we're talkin'!

Looks fantastic. 

WIN_20170415_164841.thumb.JPG.bc5e9b507cd43a015ee02ccc63adcc30.JPG

Um that looks alright. I kid unbelievable. My vacation plans for the year consist of visiting the in-laws in the sugar beet farming region of northern France with a side trip to Dublin? As well as a trip to the greatest American city, yes Buffalo, NY.

Need to up my vacation game. Let me google map Buffalo to Bardstown...

Great picture and I'm sure you will enjoy your vacation - now get off line and do just that! :) 

For me it was the finishing pour from a bottle of Blanton's then a pour of 4RSmB

14 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Let me help with your cabinet cleaning chores. I'm a nice guy always willing to give a hand.

Feel free to come visit and help! ;-)

1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

Where do you live again?

Sadly, far far away from Texas! 

Opened a bottle of BT Store Selection that the Bourbon Buyer for the store told me came from a barrel with 3 leaks which significantly reduced the yield but produced a very rich and flavorful bourbon.  I decanted about 375ml of it from the 1.75 bottle (hadn't noticed this before but there isn't a pour regulator in these 1.75s)  

Not much from the nose but my sinuses/allergies have been terrible with all the travel and all the tree pollen we have right now, but the flavor is all there, sweetness, oak, thick syrupy mouthfeel, and with both the oak and alcohol it seems to be punching above the normal weight in both proof and age.  

Very pleased I picked this one up.  Didn't have a chance to taste it prior to purchase but I've bought several different barrel selects from this store and always been happy with what they delivered.  

22 hours ago, Kepler said:

WIN_20170415_164841.JPG

What a view! And I don't mean the ocean ;-)

Just kidding of course. Awesome view. I hope you are having a nice vacation.

Have you introduced the locals to the virtues of WT101 over rum?  ;-)

On 3/24/2017 at 0:41 AM, flahute said:

Welcome back! Good to see that life is treating you well. Whiskey and the symphony sounds wonderful. Don't be a stranger.

Thank you, flahute!  Things off the Internet have been taking up incredible amounts of time, but it's all good things.  Also, since it's been Passover for a week (tonight is the last night), there's no recent whiskey to report.  I've been surviving on wine and slivovitz, since fermented wheat, barley and corn are on the no-fly list for the duration.

Tomorrow evening is a Post Passover Pizza Party, at which I predict I'll have a bourbon with the appetizer, and beer with the pizza.  Absence makes the heart grow fonder... :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.