What bourbon are you enjoying (spring 2017)

kcgumbohead
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Started with a nice of pour of SAOS 9yo SB bottles by Sarah then moved to a 4R SiB LE 2013, pretty nice evening! 

Cheers! 

Will. 

IMG_3425.thumb.JPG.867dd36aeee5091c0d328a29b2d47ac9.JPG

I just finished my 2nd bottle of Batch 11. 

Now opening my 2nd bottle of Batch 12. 

They are dangerously drinkable!

Cheers,

Jeff

Drinking a (roughly) 1/3 OGD BIB 1/3 OGD 114 1/3 BH not bad I actually like what the BIB adds to the mix, usually I would just mix the 114 and BH as I don't love either.

I started with another pour of Stagg Jr.:Charter101 2:1 while hanging out on the deck after work before dinner. Its a really good pour but my wife pronounced it hotter than Stagg Jr. on its own. :huh: Finishing up with a little bit of ER10 in my 1950's glass in the hot tub before calling it a night. Gotta be careful to not drop it. Need a Yeti for in here.

20170425_222101-1008x756.jpg

EWSiB (9yr, 6mo) with a huge slab of prime rib back in Taxachusetts last night at the Coach Grille in Wayland.  Very nice with sweet corn flavors the farther the glass was emptied. Medium finish, but smooth.  Glad I got to try it, but probably won't go out of my way to buy a bottle.  Good bar pour in a pinch, tho'.    ;)

Edited by GeeTen
Spelling corrections again.

Having some Hancock Res tonight. I wish there was a way to identify the barrel on this bourbon, this is a good one.

Had a small pour of Stagg Jr batch #5 and now I'm enjoying a slightly larger pour of ECBP batch #12. I enjoy drinking both neat in very small sips, but ECBP is usually the favorite and seldom gets any added water or ice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A pour of KC Single Barrel Store Selection (Mammoth Liquors Barrel #4044).  I like this better every time I have a pour.  The amount of flavor and balance of this bottle is stellar.  It's almost as good as Barrel #3094.

17 hours ago, GeeTen said:

EWSiB (9yr, 6mo) with a huge slab of prime rib back in Taxachusetts last night at the Coach Grille in Wayland.  Very nice with sweet corn flavors the farther the glass was emptied. Medium finish, but smooth.  Glad I got to try it, but probably won't go out of my way to buy a bottle.  Good bar pour in a pinch, tho'.    ;)

The current Coach Grill (which was the original Red Coach Grill from the 1930s that Howard Johnson's bought and made into a chain; the original building burned in the 1970s) is a fine place for a meal.  

I tend to gravitate toward the older places if they can keep the quality and value high.  Jimmy's in Arlington is quite affordable, a decent steak for the price, though more basic with the menu and bar.

It's been so busy this week, I forgot that I hadn't posted over the weekend.

For DW's birthday, we went with friends to the Boston Symphony Orchestra on Saturday night.  

The only tickets we could get were in the very front row right at the stage apron, and right in the center, seats that aren't the best for symphony concerts.  We could see one row of musicians, and beyond that mostly ankles, and the sound is unblended and goes mostly over your head, but you do get to hear nearly what the conductor hears.  

The first half was Mozart's Piano Concerto #24, one of only three of his minor key concertos, done well but it seemed like it was really only there to tee up the second half.  During intermission, a bartender I didn't know poured me an exact pour of Bulleit (boo.. I've been getting used to fairly generous pours in response to generous tips, but there was no bartender that I recognized on duty).  

After intermission was Mozart's famous Requiem with a choir of 300 and four voice soloists, and we were literally at the feet of the tenor and bass soloists;  the most astonishingly powerful bass singer I've ever heard.  A grand time was had by all!

After solving a three-day-long issue at work, I'm sipping at some Larceny with an ice cube, and catching up on some reading.

Edited by Kalessin

It will be missed, it was wonderful from the beginning, next time you'll see this bottle, it will be under the topic "empty bottle support group".

Cheers yall! 

Will.

IMG_8300.JPG

Edited by Masset1982

Enjoying a pour of blade and bow and CEHT  SmB waiting for the draft tonight go browns 

A hefty pour of OFSig while watching the coverage of the first round of the NFL draft. Hoping the Cowboys can keep their recent streak of solid 1st round selections going!

Wide is working late so I found some small batch in the freezer for me and my little monkey.

34c5f476e0f193de4b993c350ec03392.jpg

It will be missed, it was wonderful from the beginning, next time you'll see this bottle, it will be under the topic "empty bottle support group".

Cheers yall! 

Will.

IMG_8300.thumb.JPG.1d5635337f553774f01ef7e65da3834c.JPG

You only come with the best.

Clyde Mays last night...

How is that...total wine pushes that hard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

OWA private select SB in the glass,while I go back and forth between the draft and hockey. 

Finishing off a bottle of ECBP 139.8.  Not sure what batch (old label) but it was good.  

Just opened up:

Four Roses Private Select OESK 8 years 10 months

Elijah Craig Small Batch (11 years)

Russell's Reserve Store Select Rickhouse C, Floor 3

Let the tasting begin!

Last night I enjoyed an ECBP

IMG_9480.JPG

Can't decide what to have tonight, feel like a wheater.  Narrowed it down to RY10 SiB or Weller 12.  Suggestion?

23 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Can't decide what to have tonight, feel like a wheater.  Narrowed it down to RY10 SiB or Weller 12.  Suggestion?

Both?  1/2 pours of each?

Kepler - When I have one of those nights, I try a half-pour of the one I have the most of just to see if it satisfies.  If not, I follow it with a half-pour of the other.  If I'm still bummed, I pick out a stand-by.

LIKE, after a week or so of OF 1897 which I find EXCEPTIONALLY satisfying even though I am not an OF Sig fan, I decided to go back to my go-to: the OGD BIB in the trash can next to my TV chair.  Those guys at the Sampler as I type this have nothing on me.  I am resourceful.  Plus, I picked up two OF 1897s for under $45 each and two JB BIB's for under $18 each.   Decided to celebrate by having two half-pours of that OGD and go to bed early. Been watching the Nats in Denver so I'm short of sleep.

28 minutes ago, Jazz Nut said:

Both?  1/2 pours of each?

You read my mind. Yes that's what I ended up doing.  Thanks

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.