What bourbon are you enjoying (spring 2017)

kcgumbohead
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 3/24/2017 at 0:41 AM, flahute said:

Welcome back! Good to see that life is treating you well. Whiskey and the symphony sounds wonderful. Don't be a stranger.

Thank you, flahute!  Things off the Internet have been taking up incredible amounts of time, but it's all good things.  Also, since it's been Passover for a week (tonight is the last night), there's no recent whiskey to report.  I've been surviving on wine and slivovitz, since fermented wheat, barley and corn are on the no-fly list for the duration.

Tomorrow evening is a Post Passover Pizza Party, at which I predict I'll have a bourbon with the appetizer, and beer with the pizza.  Absence makes the heart grow fonder... :)

I'm on a mission of killing bottles to make room in the cabinet, but I'm not complaining! 

Cheers! 

Will.
IMG_8289.thumb.JPG.83179fba100cb05c29216fa4509a98f3.JPG

I see you are also a fan of Scott and Bart! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sadly, far far away from Texas! 

If it's Europe and in particular Dublin or France you might get some help cleaning out those cabinets towards the end of August.

I'm having a good night enjoyed some EHT Small Batch, still don't think it's as good as ER10 but good. Been drinking OWA107 and very happy, solid pour.

3 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

If it's Europe and in particular Dublin or France you might get some help cleaning out those cabinets towards the end of August.

I'm living in Belgium, a little town called VIRTON. Where are you staying in France and  how long do you staying ? 

5 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

I see you are also a fan of Scott and Bart! emoji106.png

Big fan, love those guys, i had to support them, i've bought two glasses from them. 

I'm living in Belgium, a little town called VIRTON. Where are you staying in France and  how long do you staying ? 

In the countryside about an 1.5 hours northwest of Paris. It's a good four hrs from you. Ha will need to make plans to help clear those cabinets at some point.

4 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

In the countryside about an 1.5 hours northwest of Paris. It's a good four hrs from you. Ha will need to make plans to help clear those cabinets at some point.

The pappy and the Stagg will be long gone but some others will be open. i would to share some with a fellow sb member. 

19 hours ago, Hop said:

Opened a bottle of BT Store Selection that the Bourbon Buyer for the store told me came from a barrel with 3 leaks which significantly reduced the yield but produced a very rich and flavorful bourbon.  I decanted about 375ml of it from the 1.75 bottle (hadn't noticed this before but there isn't a pour regulator in these 1.75s)  

Not much from the nose but my sinuses/allergies have been terrible with all the travel and all the tree pollen we have right now, but the flavor is all there, sweetness, oak, thick syrupy mouthfeel, and with both the oak and alcohol it seems to be punching above the normal weight in both proof and age.  

Very pleased I picked this one up.  Didn't have a chance to taste it prior to purchase but I've bought several different barrel selects from this store and always been happy with what they delivered.  

Had a nice pour from a BT Store Select last night. These can be unique & very tasty!

IMG_3421.thumb.JPG.04df9f4aa188821d2da1ab2a46c216d9.JPG

Finished a Makers Cask Strength over the weekend. I really enjoy that stuff. I also pulled a Weller 12 out off the back and am working on it as well.

I am digging this BT Store Pick way too much... just finished the last of what I decanted last night gonna have to move to something else next

Decided to have a pour from a standard FRSiB that has been sitting at about 1/3 full for months. I have too many open bottles. Anyway, I hadn't had any FR in quite a while and forgot how good it can be. I think I'll be having another glass this evening. [emoji106][emoji3]

OWA tonight. To my palate this stuff is just so good. Soft and sweet for a 107 proof. Drinks very easy neat, but packs enough punch to keep u coming back and has a very solid finish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Started off the night by finishing off the last of some '08 WTKS. After that, just some regular BT. Both pours hitting their perspective targets that is for sure.

Beginning middle and end of the night was all Nas Elijah Craig. Been in the kill pile for a while and tonight showed me it will soon be part of the empty bottle support group because it has hit a magical oxidation level. so so good

This should be interesting

1 part OC8
1 part CEHT SmB

9a533f6d1603f56d25ef04dfce47701c.jpg

***Update not so interesting. Seems to have taken away the selling points of both and added nothing interesting.

Next up Stagg Jr and OC8.

1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

This should be interesting

1 part OC8
1 part CEHT SmB

9a533f6d1603f56d25ef04dfce47701c.jpg

***Update not so interesting. Seems to have taken away the selling points of both and added nothing interesting.

Next up Stagg Jr and OC8.

OC8 and Stagg Jr. is where it's at. I've been blending the two for a few years now.

OC8 and Stagg Jr. is where it's at. I've been blending the two for a few years now.

What's your ratio? Did two parts OC8 and one part Stagg Jr. It was much better than the 50/50 CEHT blend but I think I prefer both separate more.

1 minute ago, HoustonNit said:

What's your ratio? Did two parts OC8 and one part Stagg Jr. It was much better than the 50/50 CEHT blend but I think I prefer both separate more.

I'd typically do 2/3 Jr. to 1/3 OC8.

I'd typically do 2/3 Jr. to 1/3 OC8.

Knew I had it backward with my 129 proof release that will bring it in just under 113. I can imagine that being a lot more interesting. Will try it tomorrow.

Having a pour of Makers Mark. Working tomorrow but off to NYC on Friday so I'm practically on vacation already. 

Cheers all! 

Revisiting the bottle of ECBP A117  that I opened last week.  The air time has definitely helped it...I get more than just oak on the palate now.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.