What bourbon are you enjoying (spring 2017)

kcgumbohead
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Elliot's, not hitting the spot. First time that has happened for me. Gonna change to another distillery. Trying to decide.....

8 hours ago, LCWoody said:

I'm starting out with a great pour of WLW

IMG_1661.thumb.JPG.53421b28585586bc34cdb422f7cf3c05.JPG

Let me guess, awesome, right? Never had the '13 release but I opened the '16 yesterday, heaven in a bottle! Enjoy! 

May i ask (sorry I'm a little curious) is it another WLW in the back on the shelve ? 

Congrats on scoring the bookers rye. ;-).

Cheers! 

Will. 

12 hours ago, Clueby said:

Having some OF1920 tonight while watching some more hockey. This is such a unique pour. I really like it but wish it was about $10 cheaper. I've said it before but I really get chocolate covered cherries with this one.

I had some of this last night also.  I was trying to place the taste, it was something candy-ish, maybe this is what I was getting also. 

6 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

Let me guess, awesome, right? Never had the '13 release but I opened the '16 yesterday, heaven in a bottle! Enjoy! 

May i ask (sorry I'm a little curious) is it another WLW in the back on the shelve ? 

Congrats on scoring the bookers rye. ;-).

Cheers! 

Will. 

Yes, it's in a cabinet. 

I had my first pour last night of the SAOS I picked up in NC and it is unbelievably good. The vanilla and caramel really pop. I thought Blantons was good but this stuff is just awesome.

29 minutes ago, DCFan said:

I had my first pour last night of the SAOS I picked up in NC and it is unbelievably good. The vanilla and caramel really pop. I thought Blantons was good but this stuff is just awesome.

Was it a store pick or just the normal bottle?

8 minutes ago, Rounderegg said:

Was it a store pick or just the normal bottle?

Wouldn't know one from the other. I bought it at the NC ABC store for $39.

6 minutes ago, DCFan said:

Wouldn't know one from the other. I bought it at the NC ABC store for $39.

The top of the label will usually show the store that barrel is bottles for.

Here's an example of K&L's pick.

image.jpeg

I'm at work now so I'll check it out tonight. But as I previously said I got it at an ABC store so it's most likely a generic store bottle.

5 hours ago, DCFan said:

I'm at work now so I'll check it out tonight. But as I previously said I got it at an ABC store so it's most likely a generic store bottle.

I agree, it almost certainly is.

Had a small pour of Stagg Jr neat, and now I'm having a 50/50 blend of OGD114 and WSR. I like the blend of those two bourbons much better than either separately.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

55 minutes ago, DeepCover said:

I agree, it almost certainly is.

And it is a generic store bottle but damn is it good.

Opened and am fairly deep into a Blanton's along with a H Upmann Magnum 46 with at least 5 years age on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First drink of the night is a Forbidden Old Fashioned at Willie's Locally Known. Buffalo Trace, cherry bitters, orange bitters, vanilla, and Copper and Kings Absinthe.
cb3b65c4ed00926b11de302d92cf9ba6.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, DCFan said:

And it is a generic store bottle but damn is it good.

Haha! And that's all that matters.

2nd drink was a Bishop's Breakfast. Buffalo Trace Cream with Guinness.
54a8b7ec6fb1f72518f97592e4569a83.jpg

Wifey and I did a blind tasting of three bourbons to see which we wanted to dig into next.  They were Weller 12, Russell's Reserve SiB distillery store, and McKenna BIB store selection.  Well knock me over.  One was too strong, one was too weak, and one was just right --> McKenna.  That's not the first time Wifey has picked out McKenna in a multibottle tasting.  Hallelujah, it's findable and affordable!

Wild Turkey 101 followed by Angel's Envy.
df0f6face2a7b782a79f8553b8be5227.jpg1384aa62232a27a37a38af9bf9eb0a76.jpg

Wild Turkey Diamond Anniversary tonight.  May venture to 1792 FP store selection later tonight.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.