What bourbon are you enjoying (spring 2017)

kcgumbohead
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Parker's tonight.

4eed5546778fd0bbda106001ce68dcd7.jpg

B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Decided to stick with a couple of favorites, ECSmB and WSR.  The EC is quickly becoming one of my go to pours.

Edited by CardsandBourbon

Started tonight with WTKS, moving on to WT Diamond Anniversary---I blended this 50/50 with WTRB to proof it up a bit.  Finishing with EC18.

Some ETL watching the Blues/Wild game. Was hoping they'd close it out tonight and I'd finish this bottle. I don't think either of these things is gonna happen tonight.

Went all Weller last night. WSR, W12, OWA. The OWA was the winner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Clueby said:

Some ETL watching the Blues/Wild game. Was hoping they'd close it out tonight and I'd finish this bottle. I don't think either of these things is gonna happen tonight.

I also thought it would end last night.

I also thought it would end last night.

Make that three. The Stagg Jr. came out after the first period and it got some pretty heavy use. Blues looked very over-matched in that game. Cards beat the Pirates though!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I originally posted this in the wrong thread. My bad. Here's what I posted in the "winter" thread.

"Odd but good coincidence that y'all are speaking of OF 1920. That's what I'm pouring this evening." :P

Cheers! Joe

Unfortunately, I am dry tonight watching the preds sweep my hawks.

I'm getting over a nasty cold, and don't want to jinx it, but there wasn't much to celebrate with the game

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Thought about hitting they higher proof stuff watching the Blackhawks lay yet another turd this postseason. Instead started with some Rhetoric 20yr and followed that with some HH6yrBIB. Tomorrow night, nothing under 100 proof that is for sure!

18 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I originally posted this in the wrong thread. My bad. Here's what I posted in the "winter" thread.

"Odd but good coincidence that y'all are speaking of OF 1920. That's what I'm pouring this evening." :P

Cheers! Joe

That's what I was drinking earlier this week as well! Just love it.

29 minutes ago, flahute said:

That's what I was drinking earlier this week as well! Just love it.

Currently have a bottle of OF 1920 in my rotation. This is my second bottle of this and it's quickly become one of my absolute favorite pours... Simply love this stuff!

These are good I've got these all SBS.

They had a non chill filtered picked barrel of OWA but it's gone.

Below where my preferences on high proof bottles.

ECBP
Booker's
OF1920

I don't get the hate on the latest batch of ECBP.

it's so good a far away I preferred it over the other 2.

8b3ec48e2f3e79f25c32fe4e347c0e74.jpg

Some dusty OGD 8yr BIB.  Down to just a couple pours . . . thinking this is my "Welcome to Bardstown" pour next Thursday :D 

Going to do a wheater blind taste test.

2c7d70b8ad741dc6cdb93a0192db28e9.jpg

What was the outcome?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

A very tasty 13 year KCSB from Olde Town Liquors from a couple years back.

What was the outcome?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Welcome back hope you where on an awesome vacation.

Unquestionably in dead last was the MM. I'm just not a fan, my only regret was not getting a smaller bottle.

Next was regular WSR it did much better than I thought.

Next was OWA and RY10 in essentially a tie but there was noticeable differences throughout. Both were noticeably better than WSR but not much lower than W12 which I liked the best.

I actually mixed up the samples W12 and WSR when I picked them up to check the eye and thought WSR was 1st. Had to do another blind taste and it was immediately noticeably different and W12 was distinctly different and better.

Maybe not surprising I guess but all the Weller where similar on the eye and nose. It was the palate and finish where you see the difference. Noticeable difference with MM and RY10 vs Weller brands. I drink so much Weller a lot of things I pick up them I associate with wheaters but are actually characteristics of Weller and to some some extent BT products.

Having some OF1920 tonight while watching some more hockey. This is such a unique pour. I really like it but wish it was about $10 cheaper. I've said it before but I really get chocolate covered cherries with this one.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.