What bourbon did you purchase today? Summer 2017 bragfest!

DonutsNBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Stopped by a new store today after work to check it out, and walked out with another bottle of the latest Stagg Jr.  That gives me plenty of Jr. to last for awhile, so the ones I run across in the wild will most likely be safe for someone else to go home with.

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:42 PM, PaulO said:

Those empty 375ml bottles are good to save; if you ever want to decant a larger bottle or vat anything.

Yes and they even have the same proportions of BTAC bottles.  I've saved one for my THH that is starting to get a bit low.

Patience rewarded. Special order arrived today. Even better since I paid MSRP. Thanks!!

IMG_1765.JPG

a little hunting in Indy.   a few nice 4R private selects, each over 10yr.  An OKI, an 8 Buck and another WTMK Decades for the bunker.  Slim pickings in this area...

Patience rewarded. Special order arrived today. Even better since I paid MSRP. Thanks!!
IMG_1765.thumb.JPG.4fd522f59038b4517c88f028b35fe27b.JPG

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, El Vino said:

IMG_1765.JPG

Jealous.  Not going to lie.

46 minutes ago, NDN98 said:

Found another Batch 11 at MSRP, so I bought a backup.

IMG_5423.JPG

Me too!  Although not at TW prices.   :(

I had a few minutes to kill on my way home today and stopped into a LS with no name on the building/sign. I'd been there once before and found slim pickings.

i saw a 1.75 of WSR and decided, for sport, to ask if they had any W12. He pointed to a small glass case with 1 bottle of W12 and 1 Stagg Jr. I left with the W12, he gave me a bottled water, and thanked me for my business.

i'll for sure be back.

Found another Batch 11 at MSRP, so I bought a backup.
IMG_5423.thumb.JPG.f696423f1b5729e9dd0ab33f57b98ff0.JPG

One of my local stores received several cases of batch 11. I bought the first bottle based on all the good reviews even though MSRP has moved up quite a bit over the earlier batches I have purchased. Anyway, tried it the night I bought it and made it back to the store as soon as possible and bought a backup. It is really good juice (said that just to annoy smokinjoe [emoji6]). Last time I was in the store they were all gone.

4  Roses Small Batch 50th Anniversary.  Got one left one.  

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, El Vino said:

IMG_1765.JPG

Very nice, wish we would get that shit around here. Enjoy!

My wife and I flew out to Reno last night to visit our daughter and check out the new house she and her husband built. Lo and behold, there on the kitchen counter was a brand spankin' new bottle of RR10yr90. So technically I didn't buy it, but I'm taking credit for her buying something I like :) 

Visiting my dad in FL and found one bargain. EHTBP for $65. Also grabbed a ECBP B517 for $62 and and ER for my dad at $29. Same store had ETL for $60 which was an easy pass. 

IMG_3009.JPG

20 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

One of my local stores received several cases of batch 11. I bought the first bottle based on all the good reviews even though MSRP has moved up quite a bit over the earlier batches I have purchased. Anyway, tried it the night I bought it and made it back to the store as soon as possible and bought a backup. It is really good juice (said that just to annoy smokinjoe emoji6.png). Last time I was in the store they were all gone.

Really enjoyed 9 & 10, hoping to grab a bottle of 11... Slow getting to my area. Good product. 

Thank's the suggestion of fellow SBer, found a Blantons in the wild last week.  Put that in the bunker, pulled out my open one to the front of the shelf, not so worried about sucking it down and running out.

Stopped at a Total Wine since I was in the neighborhood after seeing a movie and saw that they finally had ECBP in the new bottle style. It was the B batch so we may have skipped right over the A batch.

I picked one up and also snagged another WT Decades. And for the first time in a while, I picked up a Baker's. 

Picked up a 4R Al Young 50th. Very excited to give it a try. 

Catching up for a couple of weeks...

2 bottles each of 2 different KCSB store picks. One close to the base but the other is nicely different, both about 12-13 years.

EC store pick that 11 years 3 months. Sigh, miss that 12... Very nice pick though!

4RSB OESK that's 8 years 10 mon, I cringe sometimes looking at bottles from even just several years ago. Pours quite nicely still!

4R 50th Anniversary Small Batch. Got picked in a lottery while on vacation and nice enough to hold it for me!

Finally, an Oregon Spirit straight bourbon i bought while in Oregon. Young craft spirit but really well done. $40 for the bottle and I was comfortable with that. There's apparently a BIB that's 75, didn't look for it and wouldn't spend that money. Very excited about this one.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Stopped at a Total Wine since I was in the neighborhood after seeing a movie and saw that they finally had ECBP in the new bottle style. It was the B batch so we may have skipped right over the A batch.
I picked one up and also snagged another WT Decades. And for the first time in a while, I picked up a Baker's. 

Steve, It looks like you prefer the WT Decades over the 17 year. Would you suggest that I try to get both or focus on the Decades?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Picked up an OESV, 10 years and 3 months, 55.6%

Excellent barrel from a store that knows what they're doing. I just wish it hadn't cost me $80 but at least at this place you can try most things before buying

Local WalMart actually has a decent liquor department and they stock a pretty good selection of bourbons. Periodically they phase out some bourbon choices and stock something else for a while. When they make a change any remaining bottles of the old selection get marked down and clearanced. Was able to stock up on Blanton's a few years ago for $39 a fifth because of this practice! Today it was Russell's Reserve 10y/o SmB for $25. Picked up 2 for the bunker.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.