What bourbon did you purchase today? Summer 2017 bragfest!

DonutsNBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

49 minutes ago, silverc said:

Just got back from back-to-back trips to Orlando and Knoxville. Picked up a few bottles in Orlando, but most of these are from Knoxville.

SAOS SB 11yr
BT SB Store selects x2 (Prohibition Package and MC's)
Old Forge Single Barrel 10 year Gift Shop Bottling 89 proof
Old Forge Cask Strength 8 yr 133 Proof Single Barrel McScrooge's x3
KCSB x4 (1 from ABC Fine Wine and Spirits, 1 from 5 Star Liquors, 2 from McScrooge's)
Stagg Jr Batch 8, 129.5 proof
ECBP Batch B517
ECSmB 11 year 5 Star Liquors Pick
Belle Meade Madeira Finish
Rebellion 8 year age stated
1816 Chattanooga Cask Strength Single Barrel (MC's Selection)
Kentucky's Finest Bourbon
AA90
Jim Beam Signature Brown Rice
Tom Sims 6yr

Not Bourbons:
EHT Rye BIB
Knox Whiskey Works 70/30 Cask Strength Single Barrel 5 yr 121 proof MC's Selection
Copper and Kings Floodwall Apple Brandy

The Old Forge cask strength bottles were discounted to $45 each. This is almost certainly Dickel, and this bottle has very similar specs to Barrell Bourbon batch 8. It's not quite as complex as Barrell, but it's close and it's also half the price, so life is good.

IMG_9319.JPG

Wow, that's quite a haul...

3 minutes ago, FredBear said:

ECBP A117 x2

ECBP 136 

Old Charter 10 x8

Hibiki 12yr

EHT 4grain

EHTBP

Dusty OGD 1.75

EC 12ob 1.75

Will post picture later

Good hunting 

I see a lot of WSR in posts.  There wasn't a bottle to be found when I was in KY in April, and overheard others at BT distillery looking for it too.  Is it that hard to find elsewhere?  I can buy it by the case here, all day long...

I know it's not bourbon but it's my first time trying this!  I'm searching the forum now for blend and cocktail suggestions for it. 

20170725_212835-756x1008.jpg

I know it's not bourbon but it's my first time trying this!  I'm searching the forum now for blend and cocktail suggestions for it. 
20170725_212835-756x1008.thumb.jpg.c12020f86c81f83550a4d0bc6cae1115.jpg

I don't if you're a Bloody Mary guy but Smokinjoe said it's terrific for that and I look forward to giving it a try.

Also if you have any bad over oaked, over aged bourbon do a blend with this and call it Gifted Horse.

good two days searching the nooks and crannies of the orlando area.    

Bomberger, Shenks, an ER 10 store pick, and a discounted, 2016 M10 yesterday ($110).  then today an RHF and W12 in 750 and 1.75 All at retail or less.  beyond stoked on this haul!  

There is some wild pricing on some stuff.  Yipee Ky Yay at 249, EC 23 at 330 and EC barrel proof from last batch at 199?   WTF on those...?

ABC stores in Florida has the exclusive on this batch of weller 12.  It appears they ration it out to each store on delivery day 2-3 bottle each. If your timing is good, you can score.  Store managers told me dudes are lined up on delivery day.    I lucked out on those.   The others, were all sitting on shelves at normal retail waiting for me to take them to the bunker! 

IMG_9222.JPG

IMG_9231.JPG

IMG_9236.JPG

IMG_9232.JPG

19 hours ago, Trappersim said:

IMG_0401.JPG

Nice. Never seen that OF before. Is it something new that just came out?

38 minutes ago, MTNBourbon said:

Nice. Never seen that OF before. Is it something new that just came out?

BF released it for the new movie "Kingsman 2" 

1 minute ago, Masset1982 said:

BF released it for the new movie "Kingsman 2" 

Thanks. For me, usually anything under 100 proof from OF, is a hit or miss. Do you know if this is on the same level as OF Sig?

1 minute ago, MTNBourbon said:

Thanks. For me, usually anything under 100 proof from OF, is a hit or miss. Do you know if this is on the same level as OF Sig?

i couldn't say, never had the signature, only the 1920 which is pretty good to me.

Edited by Masset1982

Stopped by one of my regular stores while out after work today just to look around and had to walk out with this...

IMG_3711.JPG

IMG_3712.JPG

On 7/13/2017 at 7:35 PM, CardsandBourbon said:

Well picture a Barrel Strength 4R Single Barrel OSEV age 10 years, 4 months and 110.8 proof.

Do you mind sharing the warehouse and barrel number of this guy? I did a 4R private selection about 2 months ago and we picked an OESV of about the same age. They might be siblings!

2 hours ago, Kpiz said:

Do you mind sharing the warehouse and barrel number of this guy? I did a 4R private selection about 2 months ago and we picked an OESV of about the same age. They might be siblings!

Well I was wrong on the mash bill, it was an OESO.  The warehouse was PN and the barrel was 59-2A.

I had a good week. In the pic are the three bottles I grabbed while visiting my dad in Venice, FL and posted earlier up thread:

ECBP B517 @$62

EHTBP @$65

Foursquare 2004 port finish (rum)@$40

And then when I got home, it appeared that the BT truck made the rounds. Stopped in two stores and found:

ETL @$40

W12 @$35

This feels good. 

IMG_3054.JPG

39 minutes ago, Charlutz said:

And then when I got home, it appeared that the BT truck made the rounds. Stopped in two stores and found:

ETL @$40

W12 @$35

This feels good. 

Nice Charlie. Both at decent prices too. Enjoy.

Cheers! Joe

7 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Nice Charlie. Both at decent prices too. Enjoy.

Cheers! Joe

Thanks Joe! I will. Oh, and I can no longer edit my post, but I also got that RHF for $63 after a 10% coupon. $5 higher than when it was last on the shelf at this store, but it hasn't been here in a year or so. 

6 hours ago, Charlutz said:

Thanks Joe! I will. Oh, and I can no longer edit my post, but I also got that RHF for $63 after a 10% coupon. $5 higher than when it was last on the shelf at this store, but it hasn't been here in a year or so. 

Was the coupon from Total Wine in Laurel?

Got a call from my old buddies at TW - they got a case of ETL in.  Needed to replenish the bunker to be ready for my Richmond trip, so I asked that they put a couple of bottles aside for me and I'll be there as soon as I could.  Raced to the store in evening rush hour traffic only to find that the price had increased!  OH, the HORROR!   :o

ETL Richmond.jpg

4 hours ago, DCFan said:

Was the coupon from Total Wine in Laurel?

No. 

1 hour ago, GeeTen said:

Got a call from my old buddies at TW - they got a case of ETL in.  Needed to replenish the bunker to be ready for my Richmond trip, so I asked that they put a couple of bottles aside for me and I'll be there as soon as I could.  Raced to the store in evening rush hour traffic only to find that the price had increased!  OH, the HORROR!   :o

ETL Richmond.jpg

I swear you are the only person in the country that gets it that cheap! Good score.

I swear you are the only person in the country that gets it that cheap! Good score.

I agree with that sentiment. Average retail here last fall was in the mid $30 range, and it doesn't look like the distributors are going to release any in TN until the fall again this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful", hate me because I'm a darn lucky SOB!  But I am sharing my good fortune with friends in the DC area behind enemy lines on my way down to Richmond in a couple of weeks.    :lol:

Edited by GeeTen
Sharing is a good thing, no?

15 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Well I was wrong on the mash bill, it was an OESO.  The warehouse was PN and the barrel was 59-2A.

No worries, thanks for the info! My favorite local store had an OESO a few years ago that was excellent.

I stopped by the aforementioned favorite local bourbon haunt yesterday after work to pick up two more bottles of their excellent KCSB. I was going to buy a case (6 bottles) because the owner said he'd cut me a deal if I did, but he had put all the bottles on the shelf and didn't have any boxes left, so I didn't have a good way to haul 6 bottles home on the bus. I guess I'll just have to keep restocking the bunker two bottles at a time!

No worries, thanks for the info! My favorite local store had an OESO a few years ago that was excellent.

I stopped by the aforementioned favorite local bourbon haunt yesterday after work to pick up two more bottles of their excellent KCSB. I was going to buy a case (6 bottles) because the owner said he'd cut me a deal if I did, but he had put all the bottles on the shelf and didn't have any boxes left, so I didn't have a good way to haul 6 bottles home on the bus. I guess I'll just have to keep restocking the bunker two bottles at a time!

Willing to take a case of bourbon onto the bus is what I call dedication.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.