What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Spring 2018)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

42 minutes ago, Dango said:

I couldn't agree more. Look at this Gouging in St. Louis I found yesterday. couldn't stop laughing. I bet its been sitting there for a while too.

price1.jpg.d5dd173963aae3a5954ab4bdca4d8fe9.jpgprice2.jpg.c41873016915af8b7585ac8d58338b99.jpg

Was the St. George 35th Anniversary Single Malt really in the $900.00+ range? Crazy days, indeed.

• I like it 1

15 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

Was the St. George 35th Anniversary Single Malt really in the $900.00+ range? Crazy days, indeed.

Welcome to St. Louis. There are other examples around town but this particular small chain of stores is just nuts with their pricing.

On April 3, 2018 at 7:02 PM, Whiskey Lullaby said:

Picked up my first bottle of Eagle Rare and an Early Times BiB today. Love the ER. It’s awesome. As I was pulling into the LS, Hank Williams Jr “Whiskey Bent and Hellbound” was on the radio....fitting! 

Did you get the ET BIB in Michigan? I got mine in Kentucky. It's really good. If Michigan has it, other states might too.

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, Whiskey Lullaby said:

Do you mind me asking how much the Jefferson’s Ocean Wheated was? I’ve been curious about that one and might pick it up. 

MSRP in WashDC $90, but prepurchase price is $78.  Due in April 7 at Paul's on Wisconsin Avenue NW.

• I like it 1

On 4/1/2018 at 2:50 PM, Jfletchgu said:

My trip to Illinois was a success. Unfortunately only one of the ECBP is mine. I grabbed one ECBP and the OWA for some buddies back home in Tennessee. Figured I would share the bourbon wealth.

15226156769641256581958.jpg

Super jealous

On 4/3/2018 at 12:50 PM, Golferpimp1 said:

Well making up for quite a bit of lost time. The founders ipa was on clearance for $4 a six pack and I had an inkling to try an aged rum. Was very happy to bump into the Weller 12. The kbs I haven’t seen in a while and was $22.50 for the 4 pack which seems to be the going rate I guess. And who doesn’t need an extra hmck10 around!!
9a683d64cc75a1540dc28c67fbcb2dbc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm missing the McKenna 12 yr and the Weller 12. Can't wait to find more

23 hours ago, Cigars&Bourbon said:

Took a road trip with the wife and kid (and some friends with their kids) down to Orlando - Lego land. Made 7-8 LS stops and found this: I'm happy with the haul.

K4m4U2M.jpg

eqc1hjQ.jpg

ZiI3uzM.jpg

Got these a few weeks ago. HH6 as a gift from a friend and I bought the HWMWND locally.

805F9rC.jpg

Got realllly lucky. That HH 6yo is one of my top favorite pours. And store selections like that RR re usually amazing. Very nicely done

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, cdcdguy said:

Did you get the ET BIB in Michigan? I got mine in Kentucky. It's really good. If Michigan has it, other states might too.

I got it in Indiana. I work in Indiana and the whiskey is about 15% or so cheaper than it is in Michigan, so I buy everything I can in IN. Haven’t cracked open the ET BiB yet, but I’ve heard from numerous sources it’s excellent. 

• I like it 1

Picked up a couple bottles of the Booker's Sip a While batch for $60 each and a SAOSsb 11 year old for a few dollars more.

..and no...it was not bottled by Sarah...hopefully Ashton is a friend of hers.

Sidenote...I only drink Bookers when it snows and low and behold my phone says we are having a spring storm here in the 95 corridor on Saturday!!!!

I believe there is a thread somewhere for that batch...if the weather gods cooperate, I will post tasting notes over the weekend.

• I like it 2

From my understanding it’s just the traditional targeted market for Weller. If you look at old advertisements for Weller it’s usually from magazines like Texas Monthly. I believe Texas kept the brand alive over the lean years in bourbon. I also believe I read something when Weller hit some milestone like millionth case or something like that the governor of Kentucky gave a case of Weller to the governor of Texas.

I need to correct my incorrect statement of the governor of Kentucky giving a case of Weller to the governor of Texas. It was actually a case of Old Charter bottled from the millionth barrel.

I still believe that SW targeted a lot of there Weller distribution and marketing into Texas while other products like Rebel Yell was for the southern market and Old Fitz for northern states like Illinois. Would love however to be corrected by a knowledgeable SBer.

710ca5c2a211c89466e189afcc8956b2.jpg

$64 for both. Glad to add them to the collection. I was having a hard time finding them.

• I like it 5

45 minutes ago, thebourbonreport said:

$64 for both. Glad to add them to the collection. I was having a hard time finding them.

Where did you find those in Wilmington?

Lucky. I saw one bottle today in Tempe, AZ for $99.99

5 hours ago, Freakdog said:

Picked up a couple bottles of the Booker's Sip a While batch for $60 each ... 

I believe there is a thread somewhere for that batch...if the weather gods cooperate, I will post tasting notes over the weekend.

My bet is that it tastes like... wait for it... Booker’s. ;)

• I like it 2

10 hours ago, Whiskey Lullaby said:

I got it in Indiana. I work in Indiana and the whiskey is about 15% or so cheaper than it is in Michigan, so I buy everything I can in IN. Haven’t cracked open the ET BiB yet, but I’ve heard from numerous sources it’s excellent. 

For the money you will be impressed.

• I like it 2

I have been trying to reduce the bunker in the last couple of years, so I try to keep my liquor store trips to a minimum.  If I go in one I'm most likely gonna come out with something.  In the last month I bought the following:

ECBP A118

WTKS

OF 1920

BT 

I got the BT today at the store that had the ECBP.  I went in to see if any of the ECBP was left (it was not), and saw the BT.  I find it kinda weird that finding plain old BT on the shelf actually got me kind of excited.  It's the way of bourbon these days I guess.

Having trouble transferring pictures but if I could it would show two bottles of Basil Hayden Dark Rye ($32 a bottle) and a bottle of JB Distiller's Cut.

9 hours ago, Freakdog said:

Picked up a couple bottles of the Booker's Sip a While batch for $60 each and a SAOSsb 11 year old for a few dollars more.

..and no...it was not bottled by Sarah...hopefully Ashton is a friend of hers.

Sidenote...I only drink Bookers when it snows and low and behold my phone says we are having a spring storm here in the 95 corridor on Saturday!!!!

Two very fine bourbons there my friend. Good choice!

Haven't picked up anything in the past couple of months, but this week I picked up a Binny's select of Blanton's and ER and then came across a Walgreen's selling the Jim Beam Craft series for $8.99 each, so I picked up one of each.

• I like it 1

No idea. I don't usually chase craft whiskey. James Henry distilled and bottled out of Clayton Georgia. Anyone know anything about these? It just says distiller with corn. Moonrise Distillery. Ok then!

image.jpg

• I like it 1

I've had a thirst for CEHT for a couple of months, but it's been nowhere in my area.  Found one today for a few bucks higher than normal, but it's worth it to scratch an itch...

One of my local groceries decided to thin the ranks on their bourbon selection.  Put a number of bottles on the chopping block.  Generally not stuff I was interested in (some craft, some bottom shelf, some sourced or NAS stuff that has declined lately), but OF1920 and Bakers were included ($51 and $39).  The LS manager said the 1920 was a mistake by the higher-ups, and that he'd see it corrected- after I left...  grabbed one each of the OF1920 and Bakers.

• I like it 2

13 minutes ago, gurgalunas said:

I've had a thirst for CEHT for a couple of months, but it's been nowhere in my area.  Found one today for a few bucks higher than normal, but it's worth it to scratch an itch...

One of my local groceries decided to thin the ranks on their bourbon selection.  Put a number of bottles on the chopping block.  Generally not stuff I was interested in (some craft, some bottom shelf, some sourced or NAS stuff that has declined lately), but OF1920 and Bakers were included ($51 and $39).  The LS manager said the 1920 was a mistake by the higher-ups, and that he'd see it corrected- after I left...  grabbed one each of the OF1920 and Bakers.

How much are those normally for you? OF1920 is typically around $52-$55 and Baker's is $38-$42 so those prices don't seem like deep discounts.  CEHT Small Batch is $35 I think when it shows up at TW.

• I like it 1

Where did you find those in Wilmington?

Found in rural Delco

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.